• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kids and social media

Do your children under 13 have a social media account

• YES

Votes: 28 32.9%
  • NO

Votes: 57 67.1%

• Total voters
I had a MSN messenger account from the age of 12 and I only ever added people I knew who were in my year at school- nobody else. Surprisingly my parents didn't check what I did even though I used the shared family computer because my own one didn't have internet at the time. I didn't have a Myspace. This was 8 years ago before Facebook so I suppose a lot's changed since then.

I had a MSN messenger account from the age of 12 and I only ever added people I knew who were in my year at school- nobody else. Surprisingly my parents didn't check what I did even though I used the shared family computer because my own one didn't have internet at the time. I didn't have a Myspace. This was 8 years ago before Facebook so I suppose a lot's changed since then.

Maybe your parents trusted you?

I let older DD get FB at 12.5 because she was really wanting to share her artwork with friends and family. It's fun now to look back at her posts and see how her talents have grown. The kids around here still use FB quite a bit. My DDs only have people they truly know as friends, me included. DD13 isn't on it much because one of her classmates will want to FB chat the moment she gets on and DD is annoyed by her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter