Kidani or jambo

Kidani pros:
- smaller, quieter lobby
- 1BR have 2 full bath, 2BR have 3 full bath
- theme park busses stop here first (usually empty)
- Sanaa restaurant on property (fantastic food!)
- great pool - zero entry and nice slide
- fun splash area for younger children

Kidani cons:
- no quick service dining option (Mara is at Jambo)
- smaller gift shop with fewer options than at Jambo
- I can't think of any others (we love Kidani!)

Jambo: I haven't stayed at Jambo yet, but they have the Mara quick service restaurant, as well as Boma (buffet) and Jiko table service restaurants. The gift shop is much larger with a bigger grocery area. The lobby is huge and there is a lobby bar area. It tends to be busier and noisier than the lobby at Kidani. The pool area is supposed to be very nice as well. I look forward to learning more about Jambo during our trip in June.

I like to book studios at Jambo, and larger villas at Kidani. Jambo studios have double sinks outside the regular bathroom, & I like that set up. Also when I'm in a studio, I like to be near The Mara.

Kidani is nice, but we really liked Jambo. Loved all the food service options, and the feel of a busy bustling hotel. It was so easy to just pop our son into the kid's club at night, then walk over to dinner.

I like to book studios at Jambo, and larger villas at Kidani. Jambo studios have double sinks outside the regular bathroom, & I like that set up. Also when I'm in a studio, I like to be near The Mara.

Sounds like someone else thinks like me-Jambo is the only place I've stayed. However, sometime I'd like to book a 1 BR, and then I'd go for Kidani. I really think DH would prefer it, for one thing the 2 baths. Also, I understand Kidani has an overall more peaceful feel than Jambo. I told someone that OKW is his favorite resort, and they said that Kidani is more like OKW.

We like both, but if I had to choose one over the other, Kidani would win hands down. LOVE the smaller lobby area and how personal the animal viewing campfire area feels. We also really enjoy the exchange people there, because they go to Kidani the last half of their exchange year, and are so much more at ease talking to everyone. We also really enjoy the cultural exchanges and drum circles in the library every evening. WELL worth staying t here for that alone.

Kidani is nice, but we really liked Jambo. Loved all the food service options, and the feel of a busy bustling hotel. It was so easy to just pop our son into the kid's club at night, then walk over to dinner.

Agreed. Jambo is more resort like. I like options, at Kidani there are none. We also prefer the Jambo pool. Kidani is nice, but the walk to the room was a downer. I also need a lobby bar to balance out my beautiful, screaming kids.

We've stayed both - In 2011 we stayed in the value 2 bedroom lockoff at Jambo - and we loved it. In 2012 we stayed in a bedroom dedicated at Kidani and it was ok. Even if the rooms a bit smaller at Jambo, that's where we will be staying in the future.

Our only complaint was the distance from our room to the lobby - thankfully we had a rental car.

So, from here on out, when we stay at AKL, we will attempt to snag Jambo.

They both have their own personality and charm. DH and I have a hard time choosing. If it's a "we need to chill and refresh trip," we go to Kidani. If we want hustle, bustle and energy, we stay at Jambo. You can't go wrong with either.

You may wish to decide whether room considerations or hotel ambiance is more important to you. That might help you decide.

Depending on where you are in Kidani and how fast you walk, you are only 5-10 minutes away. But they have a golf cart like shuttle that runs back and forth if you catch the timing the right way. It's just along the sidewalk between the two buildings. Again, if your timing is right, you can hop the park bus over there, too, as it stops first at Kidani, then at Jambo.

Here's my pros and cons:

Comparison of Jambo and Kidani

Jambo:
large impressive lobby, larger gift shop
busier atmosphere
larger pool, wimpy slide (IMHO)
steam room in workout area
counter service at Mara
value and concierge rooms
rooms retrofitted from existing hotel rooms
Master bath has shower/jetted tub combo plus toilet in one room (toilet is split off)
Parking in lots
Bus to DTD first stop
Rooms on 5th floor, except for 5 2br lockoffs on 6th for concierge

Kidani:
smaller, more intimate lobby and gift shop
quieter atmosphere
splash area at pool, and better slide (IMHO)
rooms designed for DVC
extra bath in one and two bedrooms
separate shower and jetted tub in master bath
community hall
Under building parking
Park busses first stop
Rooms on floors 2 through 5

What are you really leaning toward in your heart. Have you been to either or seen video and pictures? Go with your gut. Personally if it is a studio Jambo and Kidani have equal sized rooms but Jambo as a resort is awe inspiring so to me Jambo. If you have a larger group with you then you may prefer the space that the 1br and up at Kidani offer plus extra bathroom.

We only stayed at Kidani (last August) and really liked it. We had dinner over at Jambo...it just gets very crowded with the two restaurants and all the non guest coming over for dinner.

Our boys are older so the walking was not a problem, it was no more than 6-7 minutes and we were the opposite end of Kidani. We loved the 2 baths in the 1 bedroom. We also booked Standard view and had the front savannah view. The only animals that did not come over to this area were of course, the giraffes and zebras. We saw dozens of animals a day, it was great.

We joined DVC saw we could eat breakfast and lunches in our room, so quick service does not matter.

So, I guess I would vote Kidani....:thumbsup2

We have stayed at both. As a resort overall, we feel Jambo is better with it's three restaurants, larger lobby, larger store, and larger pool with lots of areas to find shade. However, we will stay in Jambo only when using studio or GV. The studios at Jambo and Kidani are about the same size, the GVs at Jambo are the best at WDW. But if getting 1BR or 2BR, Kidani wins by a very large margin, the room is 100 sq ft larger, you have an extra bathroom, more closet space, separate tub and shower in master bath (Jambo is a combined tub and shower with a very high stepover into tub), and just all around nicer rooms. Kidani does have the better kid's play area at the pool, one of the best restaurants at WDW (Sanaa), and ideal parking under the building if you have a car.

And the walking distance front door to front door between the two is about 1/2 mile.

Both Jambo and Kidani are great for their own ways.

My advice, go twice and try each one. :stir:

They are both so close, you can spend time and enjoy the best both have to offer. It really comes down to the room. ITA with PPs - studio at Jambo - anything bigger at Kidani.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter