Kidani or jambo

We prefer Jambo over Kidani by a mile. We only use studios and I didn't care for the Kidani ones AT ALL. The kitchenette sink was more like the size of a bathroom lavatory sink - I couldn't even get the coffee pot in it to wash it properly. The countertop area is also almost non-existent. It is absolutely THE WORST DVC studio kitchenette as far as space. Oh, and the microwave looks like a toy size.

I also hated the bathroom layout for the studios at Kidani. Normally with a split bath setup they put the tub/shower in the same room with the toilet. Well, at Kidani they have the toilet alone in I guess what is technically called a "water closet". Then the sink is in another room along with the tub/shower. So it made it more awkward for someone to use the sink while someone else was showering. We had to be like "OK, turning the water off now if anybody's out there....." or "OK, close your eyes, I'm getting out of the shower now". It was stooopid. At Jambo the bathrooms have the more traditional setup of having the sink outside where it's accessible to anyone without any complications.

We also thought that Kidani was very underwhelming compared to most of the other DVC resorts. We missed having a grand lobby and a decent size store to shop in and ended up schelping over to Jambo to shop.

THEN there is the matter of no CS options. While Sanaa is a nice dinner option we love the Mara for its convenience and selection and really missed having that closeby. So again, more schelping over to Jambo.:headache: I also missed smelling Boma in the lobby area. :rolleyes1

It's funny how the same features of each can be appealing or unappealing depending on your needs. I really like Kidani for the same reasons that Anal Annie dislikes Kidani. I travel with my mother and we always have a lot of toiletries, so having a large bathroom vanity in the Kidani studio is perfect for us. I don't like that Jambo House's bathroom is so tiny. I also love Kidani's underground parking. It's much faster to take the parking garage elevator to the room instead of parking in Jambo House's large lot and walking to the lobby. We don't really eat at The Mara that much anymore so not having counter service isn't a big deal for us. I do love Jambo House's lobby and gift shop more than Kidani's but we don't spend that much time hanging out in the gift shop or the lobby anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter