Kevin has lost his mind?

TSWJan78

NE DIva
I just called to make dining reservations and I got the old message (new voice) but all I had to do was hit 1, 1, 1 and I set to talk to a cast member.. no voice recognition on my call.

Has anyone gotten the new system and I am losing my mind?!?

Thank you for the benefit of the doubt....

We have heard that Disney is trying to upgrade their ADR system.

Maybe I was involved on a day when they were testing it.

You know I love you Kevin.. almost as much as I love disney.. the land where things change daily..

I thought it was funny I was yelling ENGLISH into the phone as the message started as I was being impaitent and then I heard press 1 and I though.. that is odd..Kevin said....!!!

a voice system is a problem when people have accents....
i've watched my mom try to use them and even though her accent is very very mild, as often as not, the system can't understand her....

and she gets very very very very frustrated....

and while i have a perfect midwestern accent (actually a detroit accent) and the systems usually understand me, i totally hate interactive systems....

actually any kind.....voice or keypad.....i hate them.....and am annoyed by them...

although they don't annoy me nearly as much as when i get a foreign call center...

like the other day when i called amazon.com customer service.....aaaaaaarrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :headache:

a voice system is a problem when people have accents....
i've watched my mom try to use them and even though her accent is very very mild, as often as not, the system can't understand her....

and she gets very very very very frustrated....

and while i have a perfect midwestern accent (actually a detroit accent) and the systems usually understand me, i totally hate interactive systems....

actually any kind.....voice or keypad.....i hate them.....and am annoyed by them...

although they don't annoy me nearly as much as when i get a foreign call center...

like the other day when i called amazon.com customer service.....aaaaaaarrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :headache:

Don't get me started on the voice recognition thing. I'm originally from UK. You would think after 12 years my accent might have assimilated a bit, no such luck. You know when they say that this message might be recorded, I hope they don't ever record the voice prompting part. I end up having to do this really wacky American accent, which is really bad, then often or not end up cursing because the silly woman is all "I'm sorry, I don't understand" I actually complained to the agent I finally spoke to at one company, because the voice recognition person was disgustingly perky and annoying, and just would not let me speak to a live person. It took me forever to find the magic word that would let me speak to an actually person.

Okay I'm done with my rant...normal topic discussion will resume. Please say your name after the prompt....

I am a customer service rep, and our phones also use a voice recognition software. I know they are imperfect, but please be kind and don't complain about it to the CM that answers your call. The phone operators have no control over the automated systems that management puts in place, yet day in and day out we have to listen to complaints. There is no one we can even refer these complains to, so all you will do is make the phone rep miserable. These systems aren't going anywhere because the more you do with an automated service, the less time you spend with a person that they have to pay a salary to. I understand the frustration, but it's something we all just have to learn to live with. Nothing will change as long as call time statistics are improved by the automated services.

Don't get me started on the voice recognition thing. I'm originally from UK. You would think after 12 years my accent might have assimilated a bit, no such luck. You know when they say that this message might be recorded, I hope they don't ever record the voice prompting part. I end up having to do this really wacky American accent, which is really bad, then often or not end up cursing because the silly woman is all "I'm sorry, I don't understand" I actually complained to the agent I finally spoke to at one company, because the voice recognition person was disgustingly perky and annoying, and just would not let me speak to a live person. It took me forever to find the magic word that would let me speak to an actually person.

Okay I'm done with my rant...normal topic discussion will resume. Please say your name after the prompt....

Those things never understand me either. I don't think I have much of an accent. I think they should rename them voice unrecongition systems. I HATE them. I swear at the little voice on the other end as well. Usually, "I want to talk to a damn real person".

I almost died when I heard Kevin say they were getting one of those - hate, hate, hate them. I hope the test FAILS and they never go live with it.

No but I feel like I have! :confused3 Totally unrelated to anything just had to say I feel that way! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Thank you I feel better now.....return....talk amongst yourself now.....I called one day and did get the voice prompt thing. I have a southern draw and I hate those things also!

usually, the moment i hear it's a voice recognition system i start to yell "AGENT" into the phone...i just keep yelling agent, until a human being finally materializes.....

I find if I just ignore it and don't say anything that I will get someone on the line a lot quicker!!

Same prompts as well here but about a month ago when I was making a reservation and did the 11111 thing, the cast member asked why I chose the option for people in Disney or traveling there within the next seven days for a Sept. trip. I felt really bad because now I know they can see that's what I hit, so now I actually choose '2' lol

This thread reminded me of the hilarity we had last time at Epcot in Innoventions.

They had (maybe they still do) a cartoon type dog that you could give orders to which was demoing voice recognition. We couldn't make it do a thing with our normal voices so spent quite some time doing our best US accents to get it to do as we said.

I have a New Zealand accent and my Mum has an English accent. We found it created a great deal of laughter.

We have a major telco here that uses voice recognition. I've found the best technique to bypass it is to just say a very rude word and it puts you straight through to a customer rep... finally a real person :rotfl:

I bought the Brain Training DS game whilst in the States and one part gets you to read a word out loud (it's a word of a colour, but it's wrttin in a different colour - BLACK BLUE. Most of the words sound the same with a British accent, except yellow! So I was there trying it out for the first time shouting at this thing wondering why it wasn't working, then I realised that yellow sounds quite different when an American pronounces it :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter