Kennedy Space Center

robbies

Earning My Ears
I wanted to let people know that if you are looking for a truly interesting non-Disney day I would suggest the KSC. We took Meare transportation from our Disney hotel ($35.00 round trip), they travel Mon., Wed, and Fri. We were picked up at 8:15 am and were at the complex before 10 am. The tickets for KSC may seem pricey at $50 a pop for adults ( I ordered these easily off their website) but it is worth it if you consider that the complex is not supported by American tax dollars and it is AMAZING. We were fully occupied for 6 - 7 hours. This included: 3 IMAX films (2 in 3D), a guided bus tour that takes you to see launch pads etc. and the Merritt Island Wildlife Refuge that the entire site sits apon with a stop (for as long as you want) at the Apollo/Saturn V Center, the full rocket is there plus many historic sites. Back at the main center the Space Shuttle Atlantis is there for all to see plus MANY interative things such as landing the space shuttle; working the Canadarm. There is even Angry Bird Space Encounter & and play dome for the kids. We are not big space junkies but were facinated by it all. Very well laid out. I was expecting it to be American centric but they have factually laid out our travels to space and celebrate all the countries & people that have made it possible. Excellent Day.

How did you contact Mears for the transportation to the KSC? Was it $35/person or for the whole group?

If you contact your local congressman/woman you may be able to get up to 4 tickets for free. I contacted Carol Shea Porter from NH in October and we were able to get 4 tickets for March. Thank you very much to the person on here who recommended it!

We went last year, and thought it was wonderful. Of course, that was before the Atlantis opening, so we are planning to go back next January! Thank you for the tip on the free tickets! I'll have to give that a try and see if we can get some. For 5 people, that would help the budget a lot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter