• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kdtass Alexandria's MAW/GKTW trip: dates TBA

If you are going to have your own car that will make alot of things so much easier, if you have a GPS or know someone that has one take it, because the rental companies charge extra for this & I do not think MAW will pay for one.

The money they alot for food (I Think) is around $45.00 per person per day. Cinderella's Table is high, for 4 of us-- 3 adults & 1 child with pictures,food & tips it was around $200.00, that was for breakfast.

There is a Walmarts on the same street where Give Kids the World is, you will turn right where it is. You might want to get your t-shirts there, they are alot cheaper.

When you first get into the parks, get a times guide, it will tell you about the times of parades, shows & meet /greets. Go to guest relations & get a wheelchair sticker for your stroller if you are going to use one instead of a wheelchair. You can also get first time to visit Disney World badges there also.

Just rememeber that Magic Kingdom is the most popular /with the New Fantsyland the most packed. When you approach a ride or go into a show, go to the CM & show Them your GAC, this will give your family a different intrance for most things. Make sure you wear you Make A Wish shirts & the Badge that GKTW gives you, sometimes this helps with things.

I don't think shirts will be a big issue, it will probably be the stuffed animals and little souvenirs, Allie is super stocked on Disney shirts!! Lol, I typically buy like 4-6 whenever they go on sale at the Disney store!! I really wanted to do the cinderellas table for lunch or Askerus(sp?) for lunch for character dining, but I think we may just skip the dining experience, since we can meet the characters outside of eating and spend the money on souvenirs for the kiddos. We'll definitely be picking up maps once we get into the park and thanks for the info about the stickers and stuff, I didn't know we needed to do that!! And the magic kingdom is probably where we'll spend most of our time, it's the one park that has almost everything we want to do!! Hopefully we'll be able to do a lot of what we want in the MK in a day and a half, or at least do a good chunk of it!! Lol. And I'll have to ask my dad if we can borrow his gps!! He has one and I really want one but idk if we'll be able to afford one before we leave!!

You may not know too much ahead of time on how mich $. We didn't get our check and spending sheet until the week we left. We did go over for money but the boys got lots and our excursions we picked were way over the ammount they gave us for them.

Yeah we talked to our coordinator today about transportation, were driving ourselves to the airport so we can get the extra money for gas since we live like 2 hours away from the airport, so were getting extra money for gas and parking. Plus we're bringing some extra cash with us in case we need it for anything! I'm hoping we end up not needing it, but u never know!

Thank you so much for the advice!! She is super excited to be taking her cousin!!! Her face lights up!!! We're thinking about doing the storybook dining but since most characters can be seen without shelling out for the meal, lol, we might just skip it. We're definitely going to be picking up some ponchos, fans and band aids!! We stocked up on sunscreen at the beginning of spring and I'm always prepared with chap stick!! Lol. Great tip for the water!! We'll definitely be picking some up before we head out for the parks! I'm thinking of just leaving my purse at the villas and bringing a backpack, it definitely sounds easier, and we've decided on bring her manual chair instead of her power chair, bc it'll probably be so packed she won't really be able to move around in her power chair and we'll probably take advantage of the stroller rental while we're there. I'm thinking of bring a few hundred with us just in case money wise, also in case we have to buy extra bags for the souvenirs!! Haha. I tend to overpack, so I'm thinking of just bringing a few changes of clothes since we can wash and dry at the villas!! That should leave us with a little left over space in our luggage as well. And I've been looking at samsonite duffle bags that fold up and be packed away in our luggage but are huge Nd provide a bunch of extra space!!:cool1:

You are very welcome! Sounds like a manual chair will be better with those crowds. Does it have a stroller handle on it or can you put a stoller handle on it? We attach the backpack on the stroller handle (zippy 2 lite) and it gives me breaks of not having to hall so much around. You can leave some supplies in the first aid if you need to_On my sons maw trip we had so much we had to ship it back home .We did the Ridezmakers cars in Down Town Disney. We had to ship them back hom and some other things. Wasn't cheep but we did it lol!

Thanks for joining in!! What is storybook dining? Allie really wants to meet Rapunzel!! Did y'all see her? Everything I've read from other people's visits, no one has mentioned her or Merida!

Merida has her meet & greet behind the castle, she is very popular. I have some great pics of DD & her. Tinkerbell has her own spot also in Frontierland, hers is inside, you will also see one of her fairie friends, when we was there it was Vidia, it changes quite often. Tangled is at the Theater at the front of park at Magic Kingdom - right now- it might change by the time you go- someone said they were going to have a spot for her near the Tangled Bathrooms.

You are very welcome! Sounds like a manual chair will be better with those crowds. Does it have a stroller handle on it or can you put a stoller handle on it? We attach the backpack on the stroller handle (zippy 2 lite) and it gives me breaks of not having to hall so much around. You can leave some supplies in the first aid if you need to_On my sons maw trip we had so much we had to ship it back home .We did the Ridezmakers cars in Down Town Disney. We had to ship them back hom and some other things. Wasn't cheep but we did it lol!

Yeah Allie has a zippy chair I believe, it has low handles for pushing, which I hate!! I have to hunch over to push her, but it has two little knobby things on the back that the backpack attaches to. And WOW!! I hope we don't have to ship anything home!! But knowing my DD, it may come down to just that!! Lol

Merida has her meet & greet behind the castle, she is very popular. I have some great pics of DD & her. Tinkerbell has her own spot also in Frontierland, hers is inside, you will also see one of her fairie friends, when we was there it was Vidia, it changes quite often. Tangled is at the Theater at the front of park at Magic Kingdom - right now- it might change by the time you go- someone said they were going to have a spot for her near the Tangled Bathrooms.

Thank you!!! I know Allie definitely wants to meet Merida and Rapunzel!! She's never been so into tinkerbell but I'm hoping once we get there she will want to meet her as well!!

One thing that helped us with the heat as well was Frogg Toggs. They are cloths that soak up water and keep you cool. They are good for putting around the neck or for just blotting. You can find them online or usually at Wal Mart in the camping section. I would get them before you leave just in case they don't have any at the time you are on your trip.We put ours in baggies rather then keeping them in their containers so they packed lighter. Does her wheelchair handles have holes in them? You might be able to call your dme and ask for a stroller handle. If you flip it up rather then down it makes the handle taller:)

One thing that helped us with the heat as well was Frogg Toggs. They are cloths that soak up water and keep you cool. They are good for putting around the neck or for just blotting. You can find them online or usually at Wal Mart in the camping section. I would get them before you leave just in case they don't have any at the time you are on your trip.We put ours in baggies rather then keeping them in their containers so they packed lighter. Does her wheelchair handles have holes in them? You might be able to call your dme and ask for a stroller handle. If you flip it up rather then down it makes the handle taller:)

That's awesome!! I'll have to keep an eye out for those!! I know I get really bad heat rashes if I'm out in the sun too long, as does Allie!! But no her wheelchair handles don't have holes in them, they're like 2 long rods that curve to make handles. When I was talking to the company about the handles I asked them to be tall so I didn't have to bend over to push her but we got what we got. Even the umbrella stroller we have for her is shorter so I have to either bend over to push her or stick the handles between my index and middles fingers and that hurts after awhile, lol.

Allies doctor said they would be signing the paperwork for approval on Tuesday!! They said she may need to see her pulmonoligist before we leave, but they would call Tuesday night or Wednesday morning about whether we needed that or not. I just went ahead and made an appointment for 6/13 since she was supposed to have her yearly check up in July. But woo hoo were definitely going!!!
Now I need to get on making a countdown calendar and either figuring out the whole how to make an autograph book or just buying a few for Allie and Julia! I'm so excited!!! :cool1:

Another idea about handles (I'm all about comfort can you tell?:rotfl:) is if you could make some out of pvc pipe and attach them with zip ties it might work. Just make sure you have a few extra ties with you. We had to do this when we were on Ty's maw trip. Because the handles they got in were not the right ones so we had to improvise with the stroller handle we already had.

Sounds like your planning can begin full swing:cool1::cool1:

That sounds like a great idea!!! Ill have to see if I can craft something up like that for her chair!! And yep! Im definitely starting to plan!! I already have a list of rides we definitely want to get on, and characters we want to see!! Were getting so excited!

So, after Alex and I watched the Disney planning DVD I ordered, she actually wants to go to AK. I hadn't worked it into the plan because I figured she wouldn't want to do it, we just recently visited the zoo and it seems about the same to me. But there she sat saying I want to see a giraffe mommy!!! Lets ride in the car and see the animals!!! So now I have to figure out how we are going to work it into the plan.
I know she will most want to visit the MK, it has pretty much everything she wants to do, but she wants to see Lady and the Tramp, and as far as I saw, the only things related to them are the movie ride, which doesn't look to fun, the big statues of them at one of the resorts, which were not staying at and the restaurant modeled after the lady and the tramp Italian spaghetti scene. So I told her we could eat the restaurant and see the water fountain and the window there.
We will probably spend a whole day at MK, split the AK and Epcot into one day and then split HS with anything else we didn't get to see at the other parks. Sound like a good plan or should I try something else?
:confused3

Does anyone know if the Disney passes we'll get from GKTW include the water parks?

Yay!!! Doctor approval and everything has been approved for sure!!! We're definitely going July 11-17!!! We're sooo excited!!!:cool1::cool1:

kdtass said:
Yay!!! Doctor approval and everything has been approved for sure!!! We're definitely going July 11-17!!! We're sooo excited!!!:cool1::cool1:

Congrats!!

Ahh looks like things are coming together! Congrats on the doctors approval! I think you will be pleasantly surprised with AK. We didn't think we would enjoy it but spent more time there then we had planned.It is a very hot park! But we enjoyed the "its' tough to be a bug", expedition everest, The Lion King show, and I think Nemo the musical is there?We saw it but I'm not sure if I remember it was there or not. Make sure to look for DiVine.She is the vine lady. She blends in really well! I could stand there and watch her all day!

I am not sure about the water park tickets. We didn't go but I would look on the Wish Trippers thread and see what others did. Are you going to Sea World? That would work for a half day.

Ahh looks like things are coming together! Congrats on the doctors approval! I think you will be pleasantly surprised with AK. We didn't think we would enjoy it but spent more time there then we had planned.It is a very hot park! But we enjoyed the "its' tough to be a bug", expedition everest, The Lion King show, and I think Nemo the musical is there?We saw it but I'm not sure if I remember it was there or not. Make sure to look for DiVine.She is the vine lady. She blends in really well! I could stand there and watch her all day!

I am not sure about the water park tickets. We didn't go but I would look on the Wish Trippers thread and see what others did. Are you going to Sea World? That would work for a half day.

Yes they are!!! We're super excited!!! After watching the discovery special about it we've decided it might be fun after all, lol. I will definitely be looking for divine!! I'm going to look more into AK and see what all we can do there. I checked out the GKTW site and didnt see that they offer the water park tickets, but then I remembered that there's basically a water park at GKTW so I think we'll be fine! And yeah I think we're going to seaworld, so I think we'll do some of the water rides while we're there as well!!

Does anyone know if the Disney passes we'll get from GKTW include the water parks?

No, the water parks are not included. GKTW does have an awesome Water Play Station, my DD wanted the leave the parks just to go back to the village to play in the water play station. They also have 2 pools, a large one where the water station is & a smaller pool in another area.

No, the water parks are not included. GKTW does have an awesome Water Play Station, my DD wanted the leave the parks just to go back to the village to play in the water play station. They also have 2 pools, a large one where the water station is & a smaller pool in another area.

I'm sure Allie will LOVE the pools!! We have a pool at our house but its just one of those quick set ring pools so she can't really play as much as she wants to.

On another note!! Allies BBB appt has been set up for July 12 at noon!! I really want to try and set up a lunch at CRT but I really wanted to do the breakfast bc it's cheaper so maybe ill do breakfast and then the appt?

So, after much dispute, I've finally decided to pony up and pay the close to $250.00 for CRT lunch after allie's BBB appt. gonna be so much fun!!:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter