Kdtass Alexandria's MAW/GKTW trip: dates TBA

We went last June 5-12. It was HOT, humid and rainy. You should definitely bring some kind of rain gear. The evening temperatures were still in the 70s.

Ok cool, we'll pick up some ponchos and some umbrellas. It never fails that I buy an umbrella and either its broken the same day, ahem Josh my boyfriend, or I lose it all together!!

So I fund out today that the documents needed by Julia's guardian won't be sent in until Monday now, major bummer!! But hopefully we'll know by early next month when our dates are!! Here's hoping for quick approval!!

Joining in! Alex is beautiful - what a smile! :goodvibes
Fingers crossed that you get your dates soon!

Joining in! Alex is beautiful - what a smile! :goodvibes
Fingers crossed that you get your dates soon!

Thank you for joining in!! Yeah she's got a beautiful smile!! She took school pictures yesterday and I had to beg her to smile with her teeth before her first tooth comes out!!! We're hoping for dates by mid may!! I really want to do something to make the countdown special like I've seen other parents doing for their kiddos, but without dates I don't know how long to count down for!!! Haha
Allie has a Disney paper purse making kit that I'm thinking we'll start today!! Pics posted soon of her first purse!!:yay:

H man she loved making this purse!! Here are some pics of her making it!! She picked Ariel first, now she has a Cinderella and Belle one!! We'll probably do another tomorrow while Josh is at work!:yay:

Just getting started!

Making it pretty!

The finished product!!

kdtass said:
H man she loved making this purse!! Here are some pics of her making it!! She picked Ariel first, now she has a Cinderella and Belle one!! We'll probably do another tomorrow while Josh is at work!:yay:

http://s1334.photobucket.com/user/k...11027_10101057042036456_2134615680_n.jpg.html
Just getting started!
http://s1334.photobucket.com/user/k...51428_10101057042086356_2042124798_n.jpg.html
Making it pretty!
http://s1334.photobucket.com/user/k...601829_10101057042295936_783264998_n.jpg.html
The finished product!!

Awesome job, they are very pretty!

Here's the finished product!! She's staring intently at the cut out iphone that came with the book. princess:

Woo Hoo!! All the paperwork that was needed is officially in the mail today headed to the MAW offices!! Hopefully we'll know something by the end of the week!! :cool1:

So, we talked with the wish coordinator today and they said the earliest GKTW opening is July 5th and beyond. So hopefully we can go the 11th and come back the 17th of July, so Allie can partake in the princess party and the Christmas night!

Your daughter is SOOOOOOO cute!!!

When we were researching possible diagnoses for Lauren SMA came up as possibilities for her because she was so cognitively fine...and I suppose she *could* have something like this? I don't know...

Anyway! She will have a blast at GKTW!!! :)

I have put your pretrippie on the first page of the Wish Trippers thread! :)

Your daughter is SOOOOOOO cute!!!

When we were researching possible diagnoses for Lauren SMA came up as possibilities for her because she was so cognitively fine...and I suppose she *could* have something like this? I don't know...

Anyway! She will have a blast at GKTW!!! :)

I have put your pretrippie on the first page of the Wish Trippers thread! :)

Lol thank you!! Allie was progressing just fine right up until she was about 13 months old and then started to regress. We didn't know what the deal was and were basically in denial thinking anything was wrong, but we finally took her to a neurologist in Austin and he did blood work after a battery of tests and found out she had sma. Oh man were we shocked. We both pretty much cried the whole trip home. But thank you for posting our pre-trip on the thread!! We cant wait tip we know our dates!!! Were so ready!!

So after thinking about this trip for night after night, I think I've gotten our itinerary down...kind of, lol.

Thursday- check in to GKTW and site see a bit before we hit the parks, definitely gotta check out the Christmas night bash!!
Friday- MK followed by the princess and pirates party at the village
Saturday- IOA, gotta hit up the Harry Potter part, and then the big splash bash at the village, Allie LOVES to swim!!
Sunday- MK/DHS and then the candyland party, Allie is OBSESSED with this game!!
Monday- Epcot/ possibly AK but if not then back to the MK and then the Halloween bash!
Tuesday- universal for the day and maybe mayor Clayton's bday bash. Pack to leave Wednesday.
Wednesday- seaworld for the day and head home!

Plans may change, but were excited either way!!!:cheer2:

:yay::yay:So, we heard back today from our wish coordinator saying she was going to reserve our dates!! July 11-17!!! Just waiting on medical approval before airfare is booked!!! Yay! !! We've got dates!!!!

What a cutie!! Congratulations on going to Disney! How cool is it that she gets to take her cousin!! As for extra spending money I would definately take some. Those souveniers just jump right out at ya crying to bring them home!:rotfl: I don't know much about the character dinners accept Chef Mickeys. But I can tell you it was good! We went in July of 2010 and it was very hot and it did rain off and on. Just make sure to bring a couple of mini fans, a mister fan, poncho's and you might to bring an extra to put on her wheelchair while she is on a ride. Or at least a towel. Chap stick for sure, plenty of sun screen, mole skin in case you get blisters as well as some bandaids. Also when you get there I would stop at Wal Mart and get some bottled water. Freeze some for each day. They can last a very long time and are so refreshing when you are so thirsty. Could you opt for a backpack rather then the purse? Can you attach the backpack on the back of her power chair? We carry Ty's things in a regular size school backpack. That included extra clothes and his medical things. That's all I can think of at the moment. You are going to have a BLAST!!!

What a cutie!! Congratulations on going to Disney! How cool is it that she gets to take her cousin!! As for extra spending money I would definately take some. Those souveniers just jump right out at ya crying to bring them home!:rotfl: I don't know much about the character dinners accept Chef Mickeys. But I can tell you it was good! We went in July of 2010 and it was very hot and it did rain off and on. Just make sure to bring a couple of mini fans, a mister fan, poncho's and you might to bring an extra to put on her wheelchair while she is on a ride. Or at least a towel. Chap stick for sure, plenty of sun screen, mole skin in case you get blisters as well as some bandaids. Also when you get there I would stop at Wal Mart and get some bottled water. Freeze some for each day. They can last a very long time and are so refreshing when you are so thirsty. Could you opt for a backpack rather then the purse? Can you attach the backpack on the back of her power chair? We carry Ty's things in a regular size school backpack. That included extra clothes and his medical things. That's all I can think of at the moment. You are going to have a BLAST!!!

Thank you so much for the advice!! She is super excited to be taking her cousin!!! Her face lights up!!! We're thinking about doing the storybook dining but since most characters can be seen without shelling out for the meal, lol, we might just skip it. We're definitely going to be picking up some ponchos, fans and band aids!! We stocked up on sunscreen at the beginning of spring and I'm always prepared with chap stick!! Lol. Great tip for the water!! We'll definitely be picking some up before we head out for the parks! I'm thinking of just leaving my purse at the villas and bringing a backpack, it definitely sounds easier, and we've decided on bring her manual chair instead of her power chair, bc it'll probably be so packed she won't really be able to move around in her power chair and we'll probably take advantage of the stroller rental while we're there. I'm thinking of bring a few hundred with us just in case money wise, also in case we have to buy extra bags for the souvenirs!! Haha. I tend to overpack, so I'm thinking of just bringing a few changes of clothes since we can wash and dry at the villas!! That should leave us with a little left over space in our luggage as well. And I've been looking at samsonite duffle bags that fold up and be packed away in our luggage but are huge Nd provide a bunch of extra space!!:cool1:

You have a lovely family!!!
For your first ? -- If you can not get reservations before you leave when you get to the village, see if someone there can call & see if they can get them for you.
2. you can rent lockers at the front of the parks if you can not carry what you bring in.
TIP- Go early to the parks - at rope drop- it will be HOT the dates that you are going so going to the parks early in the morning might work better for you.
The pp suggested taking frozen water or juice bottles, this is a great tip & even a frozen wet washcloth is great also for cooling you off.
3. At Hollywood Studios they have a great show with Micky Mouse Clubhouse, Doc McStuffins, & Sofia the First, & Jake & the neverland pirates.
4.Merida & Tangled are meet & greets only, they are not at any of the character dining.
5. I would allow at least $200.00 for you family to spend for extras but at the village, they will leave something in your villa everyday, books,games,stuffed animals, ect. ect.
6. Will you have a rental car? or will you be using Mears Bus Services?
This might make a difference on what time you get to the parks & leave.
7. I would look at each park map & study it & decide about what you would like to do each day, where everything is (what section-like Frontierland, Adventureland, ect ect) BUT JUST REMEMBER TO GO WITH THE FLOW, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SEE & DO EVERYTHING.
My little one wanted to go back to Give Kids the World Village after just a few hrs at the parks.
MAW will give you spending money for food but you can eat all of your meals at the Village, we did this alot so we had more money left for DD to buy more things for her to bring home, she was to small to ride most of the rides, she done mostly Meet & Greets & Magic Kingdom was packed, so we did not stay long there. Our second trip was in February, so crowd levels was better & we had a much better time at Magic Kingdom the second time.

If I think of anything else, I will post, We went in 2011 & a return trip this yr. I knew alot more the second time than I did the first, & we seen & did alot more this time & we visited the Village again- this is such an Awesome Place.

My DD has Evans Syndrome. She is stable now, so we made a second trip to celebrate her 5th Birthday.

Awesome!! Thank you so much for all the great advice!! I know maw is supposes to be making reservations for us at the BBB, and I'm still a little on the fence about the character dining. I really want to know how much were getting spending wise from maw and then will probably go from there. I know Allie definately wants to see doc and Sophia so we'll have to hit up the show!! Were supposed to be renting a car, maw is supposed to be taking care of that for us. We ordered maps from the Disney site depicting what all we definately want to do, so ill be sure to study them!! Were definately gonna be taking the frozen bottles with us, that's a great tip!!

kdtass said:
Awesome!! Thank you so much for all the great advice!! I know maw is supposes to be making reservations for us at the BBB, and I'm still a little on the fence about the character dining. I really want to know how much were getting spending wise from maw and then will probably go from there. I know Allie definately wants to see doc and Sophia so we'll have to hit up the show!! Were supposed to be renting a car, maw is supposed to be taking care of that for us. We ordered maps from the Disney site depicting what all we definately want to do, so ill be sure to study them!! Were definately gonna be taking the frozen bottles with us, that's a great tip!!

You may not know too much ahead of time on how mich $. We didn't get our check and spending sheet until the week we left. We did go over for money but the boys got lots and our excursions we picked were way over the ammount they gave us for them.

If you are going to have your own car that will make alot of things so much easier, if you have a GPS or know someone that has one take it, because the rental companies charge extra for this & I do not think MAW will pay for one.

The money they alot for food (I Think) is around $45.00 per person per day. Cinderella's Table is high, for 4 of us-- 3 adults & 1 child with pictures,food & tips it was around $200.00, that was for breakfast.

There is a Walmarts on the same street where Give Kids the World is, you will turn right where it is. You might want to get your t-shirts there, they are alot cheaper.

When you first get into the parks, get a times guide, it will tell you about the times of parades, shows & meet /greets. Go to guest relations & get a wheelchair sticker for your stroller if you are going to use one instead of a wheelchair. You can also get first time to visit Disney World badges there also.

Just rememeber that Magic Kingdom is the most popular /with the New Fantsyland the most packed. When you approach a ride or go into a show, go to the CM & show Them your GAC, this will give your family a different intrance for most things. Make sure you wear you Make A Wish shirts & the Badge that GKTW gives you, sometimes this helps with things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter