Katie's wish trip AWCT/GKTW jan 2011

I just realized I never subbed....therefore I missed most of your ptr. Can't wait to hear about your trip

Awww. I can't wait to read all about Katie's wish trip. That's my name too (only my real name is Kaitlin, not Kathryn).

Sorry never got to finish Katie's trip!!! She had a blast but we came back to very sick grandfather he ended up in the hospital just as We got home and it has been a long year of learning about a new medical condition leukemia. Katie also had a year of issues of dealing with how to proceed with her lack of growth plates in her leg. It had become exhausting for her to walk long distances and her back and thigh bone were being affected .
So after meeting with several different surgeons and having her case brought to various orthopedic reviews, a brilliant surgeon recommended not to amputate and to cut her thigh bone and straighten it with pins and screws and use a new modified AFO with a prothetic foot. So in November my brave baby in the middle of her cheer season underwent this procedure and was discharged within 24 hrs( her stay was supposed to 4 to 5 days) due to not needing any pain management and beginning PT within 6 hr of surgery and using wheelchair unassisted! So was back at school with in 7 days and completed her cheer season in her wheelchair!

As a surprise we have planned a trip to celebrate her finally being out of the chair!!! We will miss the wonderful generousity of GKTW it is truly and amazing place. But it will be so exciting to go without telling her chair free and no restrictions:banana::banana::cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter