Kathryn & Charles, WDW wishes wedding, WP/GF 10/06/12!

MrsRomance said:
I am relatively wrinkle free and don't have sun damage like a lot of people my age so that's one really good thing!!

Just keep smiling, after all if the people who have to get cut don't understand then they probably aren't worth it anyway.....that's my mantra as of late -- if you can't sing from my hymn sheet, get the 'you know what' out of the choir!

Haha! I know what you mean about being wrinkle free! I totally agree! Although of late I am noticing me aging! :confused3
You are soooo right about he guests. Or former guests as the case may be. I love it! If you can't sing from my hymn sheet... I'm using that from now on!! :) Thanks!! heheh

How did I miss the new dress pic?! I'm going to investigate right this min! Shame on me!
You are sooooo right about that stubborn emoticon! So many facial expressions, so little emoticons! ;)
I love your idea of posting a pic! I'm stealing that! And, I'm going to be watching for yours on the day of your wedding!! :laughing:

uh... no.. I didn't even know such a thing existed.. hmmmm
I'll go look for it!

I think it's around page ten or so? (I only know this because a non-DISer asked the other day and I somewhat remember :laughing:)

The FB group is a private group, so someone in the group has to add you. I'll PM you with my info, so that you can find me on there, then I'll add you. Unless by this point, someone's beaten me to it. ;)

Aww, it must've been so hard writing that letter. I wish I could hug you! :hug:

The gift baskets look so good!

And that book! :love: Oh my goodness. That is like the perfect gift! It's a beautiful edition, and I think it'd something that would really mean a lot to your sister. And as a girl who loves books, it's freakin' awesome. :goodvibes

One more thing from today...

I've been mulling over this decision for a couple days.. I would love some input.
My MOH, my sister, is the most fantastic person. She tried on a million dresses without complaining once, she's always willing to listen and give advice even at 2 in the morning. She's been an active buffer between mom and I, and has spent endless hours proofing my blogs, my invite wording, this regret letter. Anyway, I wanted to do something special for her and get her a special present.
Her and I have always grown up loving Peter Pan and are both avid readers. When we were younger, I was always Peter, and she was one of the lost boys. In adult hood, we've kept our nicknames and still really love Peter Pan. I thought about getting her this.....

peterandwendy.jpg

It's a first edition JM Barrie Peter and Wendy novel printed in 1911. Its not in GREAT condition, but mint conditions are really expensive. Its also not signed, but those are even more. Do you think she'd like it? I know that's a really difficult question when you don't know someone, but any thoughts are welcome. :)

I think that the thoughtfulness and personal nature of the book totally outweighs the condition/signed aspect. That is so sweet you should totally go for it.

Haha! I know what you mean about being wrinkle free! I totally agree! Although of late I am noticing me aging! :confused3
You are soooo right about he guests. Or former guests as the case may be. I love it! If you can't sing from my hymn sheet... I'm using that from now on!! :) Thanks!! heheh

I've got plenty more where that came from sista -- just watch this space :banana:

Like Kristen said, the FB group is private, so someone will need to add you. I'll also PM your info in case you need someone to add you. Or, you can friend me in the process. I welcome new friends, 'specially DISbrides! :goodvibes

The letter reads well; I can't imagine how painful it was to write it. I'm so sorry you & Charles even have to do this. I'm sure people will totally understand though. And, as Kristen said, I wish I could totally give you a hug! But, I shall do this: :hug:! :D

And, I love the basket & the book! The book idea is so thoughtful, and sentimental. I think that would be an amazing gift for your sister!!

yourgypsy said:
Aww, it must've been so hard writing that letter. I wish I could hug you!

The gift baskets look so good!
Thanks for the hugs. I totally need them. Wanna send me another one when I have to send the dang things out? :)
Thanks for the comments on the gift baskets. We ordered some stuff for them the other day. I'll post pics when we get them in.

enchantedream88 said:
The letter reads well; I can't imagine how painful it was to write it. I'm so sorry you & Charles even have to do this. I'm sure people will totally understand though. And, as Kristen said, I wish I could totally give you a hug! But, I shall do this: ! :D
Thanks, hon! I appreciate your input tho! I hope you're right. I hope they'll understand too.

yourgypsy said:
And that book! Oh my goodness. That is like the perfect gift! It's a beautiful edition, and I think it'd something that would really mean a lot to your sister. And as a girl who loves books, it's freakin' awesome.

MrsRomance said:
I think that the thoughtfulness and personal nature of the book totally outweighs the condition/signed aspect. That is so sweet you should totally go for it.

enchantedream88 said:
And, I love the basket & the book! The book idea is so thoughtful, and sentimental. I think that would be an amazing gift for your sister!!

So, girls.... I bought the book! I felt guilty in buying it because the gifts I'm getting the other girls, and my parents pale in comparison. I hope it doesn't make her feel bad or seem ostentatious. I am excited about it tho, and I hope she likes it! :)

Thanks y'all for the input!

Hi there!! I swear I came and commented previously, but it's not here sooo I guess I didnt. haha So sorry to hear about your work situation!! :( I agree with these ladies though, if they are truly people who are very happy for you and people you'd really want there, they will understand why they were B and C listed and might not be invited at all. Hopefully they will support you just the same! So sad you had to draft that letter, but it is very well written. I think anyone that gives you a hard time should not be invited anyway. I do agree with trying out a pre-RSVP to the people who are definite's currently. It might give you a few less people to send the letter to. We thought we had about 80 adults coming and we ended up with 61 adults, people that said they were definitely coming backed out once the real invitations came.

The peter pan book for your sister is a perfect gift! I hope she will really appreciate the thought! :)

Your whole planning session sounded amazing, and your planner sounds great too!! For rockin' roller coaster, and I guess the others too, sit in the last seats next time! The front is normally slower because it has to wait for the end/tail to really go free. You'll be whipped around faster in the back! ;)

Awesome on getting your rings already- we are 3 weeks away today and just bought ours... LOL

Have you come over to the FB group yet??? ;)

tric8783 said:
Hi there!! I swear I came and commented previously, but it's not here sooo I guess I didnt. haha So sorry to hear about your work situation!! I agree with these ladies though, if they are truly people who are very happy for you and people you'd really want there, they will understand why they were B and C listed and might not be invited at all. Hopefully they will support you just the same! So sad you had to draft that letter, but it is very well written. I think anyone that gives you a hard time should not be invited anyway. I do agree with trying out a pre-RSVP to the people who are definite's currently. It might give you a few less people to send the letter to. We thought we had about 80 adults coming and we ended up with 61 adults, people that said they were definitely coming backed out once the real invitations came.

The peter pan book for your sister is a perfect gift! I hope she will really appreciate the thought!

Your whole planning session sounded amazing, and your planner sounds great too!! For rockin' roller coaster, and I guess the others too, sit in the last seats next time! The front is normally slower because it has to wait for the end/tail to really go free. You'll be whipped around faster in the back!

Awesome on getting your rings already- we are 3 weeks away today and just bought ours... LOL

Have you come over to the FB group yet???

Thanks hon! Sorry about your post! I wonder what happened?! This board does seem to be really slow sometimes, maybe that had something to do with it. :( I'm sorry tho.
I really didn't like writing that letter, but you're so right, they we're probably coming for the wrong reasons anyway. It'll be nice to be able to spend more time with the people that do come.
I haven't joined the fb group yet. I'm working on it. I hear its cool! ;)
We did ride the RRC in the back the second time! It was DEFINITELY faster and SOOOOO much fun!
Thanks for your kind words about everything! You are too sweet!

Hi there!

So sorry I haven't posted sooner, but I've been away. I'm sooooooo sorry to hear about your job situations! I can imagine how devastating it must be, and to have to limit your guest count?! I can't even imagine! But. I like to think there's a silver lining to every situation and limiting your guest count gives you greater sense of peace by knowing it's now less of a financial burden AND the added plus of knowing those who care most about you will be the only ones in attendence. :hug:

Hi Kate, I've been a bad disfriend!! I've been so busy I've not had time to give my usual attention to the disboards. I've been thinking about you though and wondering what was up since I hadn't heard from you after you PS. I'm so sorry about what happened at your work. Oddly enough, Colin and I work for the same company and even in the same department and we had a layoff 3 weeks ago, probably right around the time of your PS. We made it through thankfully but it's very scary especially when you both work for the same company. I hope you guys are ok. :hug:

On a brighter note, I knew it!! I knew you would love the rockin roller coaster once you rode it!! That's awesome. Your PS seemed like it went well and your planner is God sent. It's so great to hear that they care about you and try to help you out. I'm so glad it all worked out for you. Your Mom seems like a blast just like you, same humor gift. :lmao:

On your regret letter, you couldn't have said it better. I know that's tough to send out but I'm sure your guests will understand. This economy is not promising for anyone these days!!

Sorry again that I have been absent! I hope you forgive me. :goodvibes

The book is a great idea. Without wishing to sound trite, it is the thought that counts, and I can't imagine a more thoughtful, loving gift than what you've chosen. ;) I join the chorus of voices that wish you well in this difficult time, and I'm certain your wonderful attitudes will pull you through to brighter times. :thumbsup2

The book is such a great gift, and so thoughtful! I hope that I can come up with gifts like that for my girls. As for the letters... I know it's going to be extremely difficult, but I am sure they will understand completely. And you've got your friends on here to help you through too! :hug:

luvvwl said:
I'm sooooooo sorry to hear about your job situations! I can imagine how devastating it must be, and to have to limit your guest count?! I can't even imagine! But. I like to think there's a silver lining to every situation and limiting your guest count gives you greater sense of peace by knowing it's now less of a financial burden AND the added plus of knowing those who care most about you will be the only ones in attendence.
You are so right! Lemonade from lemons! I've been thinking about this over the last couple days, and being able to spend more time with the people that mean the most to be will be a gift, and perhaps the silver lining in all of this!

Wshs0127 said:
I'm so sorry about what happened at your work. Oddly enough, Colin and I work for the same company and even in the same department and we had a layoff 3 weeks ago, probably right around the time of your PS. We made it through thankfully but it's very scary especially when you both work for the same company. I hope you guys are ok.

On a brighter note, I knew it!! I knew you would love the rockin roller coaster once you rode it!! That's awesome. Your PS seemed like it went well and your planner is God sent. It's so great to hear that they care about you and try to help you out. I'm so glad it all worked out for you. Your Mom seems like a blast just like you, same humor gift.

On your regret letter, you couldn't have said it better. I know that's tough to send out but I'm sure your guests will understand. This economy is not promising for anyone these days!!

Sorry again that I have been absent! I hope you forgive me.
Oh Girl! I'm so sorry to hear about your layoffs too! I do know how scary that can be! Right now we are ok. You're so sweet, thanks!
The PS was a blast! I'm really sorry I put my planner through all that 4 days before our 180 day mark, but you're right, she was absolutely amazing! We got our BEO on friday too! It was tough to write the regret letter, even tougher to make the cuts, but we did and they should be going out next week. What's done is done, we've made the decision, and we're moving on! :)

sleepygod25 said:
The book is a great idea. Without wishing to sound trite, it is the thought that counts, and I can't imagine a more thoughtful, loving gift than what you've chosen. I join the chorus of voices that wish you well in this difficult time, and I'm certain your wonderful attitudes will pull you through to brighter times.
Thanks! I appreciate your kind words. There is a silver lining to everything, my friend, all we have to do now is go find it! :)

iloisfra said:
The book is such a great gift, and so thoughtful! I hope that I can come up with gifts like that for my girls. As for the letters... I know it's going to be extremely difficult, but I am sure they will understand completely. And you've got your friends on here to help you through too!
Thanks, hon! I hope she likes it as much as y'al seem to. :) Everyone I've talked to so far, seems to think everyone will understand. But, then they all made the cut. I haven't talked to anyone that we cut yet. Here's hoping! But you're right, I think people understand this struggling economy, and they will be sympathetic. My grandma even said, some of them may rejoice! Now they don't have to find a way to come! ;)

=============================================

Lots of things have happened in the last week.
First and foremost, the first round of layoffs came on Friday. We are both safe. I feel like I'm on a reality TV show. You know, like American Idol, where people are either asked to leave or are safe. :rolleyes2
You are........ safe. PHEW! (for now)
In other news, our lovely letters will be going out next week. As I mentioned, the decision is made, no going back, and we are moving on!
We got to work on accumulating stuff for our gift baskets. So far we have:
Water bottle labels

waterbottlelabels1.jpg

dove chocolates (wrapped in a deep blue wrapper! perfect for our colors)
snack packs (cookies)
the buckets and the labels that will go on the outside.

bucketlabels.jpg

(I've tried like 9 times to make this picture NOT crooked and it will not cooperate. I'm sorry for the neck crinks y'all will get looking at this.. I tried.)

the ribbon for the bows
and the Draw string back packs (which are at the post office and I can't pick them up until tomorrow!!) I'll post pics when I have them though.

I also go some t-shirts made for the flower girls and the ring bearer. Here is one of them:

fgtshirts1.jpg

......and we got our initial BEO! Chrissy is just awesome!

I'm working through reading the whole thing! Its so detailed! Anyway, those are the recent updates..
Oh, we also booked our rooms, and our HONEYMOON! :cool1:
We're staying at the Saratoga Springs 2 bedrooms villa (me, mom, dad and grandma) leading up to the wedding, then the Grand Floridian after the wedding. The honeymoon is a Royal Caribbean cruise, 7 nights in a grand suite! :scared1: Apparently this was all planned and reserved before the bankruptcy and Charles didn't have the heart to cancel any of it! :lovestruc
Little more than 5 months. My sister is planning a shower in July, my 1st dress fitting is the end of May... OMG things are happening!

It rather is like a tv show. Because I was about to type 'yay for making it through round one!' :laughing:

I love the picture on the labels! It really shows off you guys' personalities.

Ooh, I'm so jealous of where you're staying. And a cruise! Where are you cruising to? You'll take lots of pics to share, right? (Read: Let me live vicariously through you! :rotfl2:)

I'm caught up now! :) I love the pictures from your PS trip! It looks like you all had so much fun!!

I'm sorry to hear that about the company you all work for :(, but I'm glad your jobs are still safe. Everything will work out in the end, don't worry. :hug:

The gift basket you all put together looks great! I think your sister would love that book!

I also have very fair skin and love my paleness, too. :laughing: A lot of people expect me to get a spray tan before my wedding, but I've decided I'm going as-is. :rolleyes1 I'd rather look like myself than a streaky, orange version of me. :rotfl:

Lots of things have happened in the last week.
First and foremost, the first round of layoffs came on Friday. We are both safe. I feel like I'm on a reality TV show. You know, like American Idol, where people are either asked to leave or are safe. :rolleyes2
You are........ safe. PHEW! (for now)

Fingers crossed that it stays that way for a while! Is there any chance that you may survive the cuts?

......and we got our initial BEO! Chrissy is just awesome!

You're still alive so the BEO must not have been too bad!! ::yes::

Oh, we also booked our rooms, and our HONEYMOON! :cool1:
We're staying at the Saratoga Springs 2 bedrooms villa (me, mom, dad and grandma) leading up to the wedding, then the Grand Floridian after the wedding. The honeymoon is a Royal Caribbean cruise, 7 nights in a grand suite! :scared1: Apparently this was all planned and reserved before the bankruptcy and Charles didn't have the heart to cancel any of it! :lovestruc
Little more than 5 months. My sister is planning a shower in July, my 1st dress fitting is the end of May... OMG things are happening!

We stayed in a studio at SSR for ours and it was awesome. I loved the fact that it was in what we called 'the boonies' since it was away from all the madness and quiet!! The cruise sounds amazing -- can't wait to hear how it turns out! And well done to Mr. Charles, he definitely has priorities :banana:

So excited for your fitting! I missed out on that since my dress was chosen for me, I just had a few fittings to have the corset put in, so I will have to live vicariously through you!

Hi! So, I'm offically all caught up! I loveloveloved your TR! So fun :) You are way too funny. I'm so glad your PS went so well and you are so happy with your planner. I'm really sorry to hear about the bankruptcy but you seem to have a fabulous attitude and to have movedon quickly. I hope to have your poise if/when I come across big issues! Loving ALL of your plans so far!

Hi girls!
I know it's been forever since I posted something. Have you missed me?! I missed y'all! I have SO much catching up to do with all your updates!
We've been having somewhat of a family emergency. My uncle (my mom's brother) has been in the ICU for the last 28 days. We are praying for him and his family, and obviously the wedding needed to be put on the back burner for a couple weeks while we focused on taking care of them. Good news though: Yesterday was his first good day, and the doctors are hopeful for the first time in a month! Our attention is stil mostly there, but we can breathe again and the biggest scare (we hope and pray) is over. Phew another crisis averted!
Some updates on the wedding front:
A couple days ago we got our invitations!!!

Untitled-3.jpg

What do y'all think?!
My cousin was SOOO awesome to print all of these for us at cost. Only one small problem... the printer shorted us 25!! :scared1:
I called today but because of the holiday weekend, we probably wont get them until Tuesday. Well, we already gave the calligrapher the envelops we had before we counted them! (Stupid me!! I really should have counted them before we handed them over! DOH!! :confused3)
Anyway, we have an awesome calligrapher and she is just going to do what we have and then the rest when we get the rest of the envelopes. She rocks! The only people that wont get their invites with the other are immediate family who will understand.. PHEW another crisis averted.
Please stop the crisis-es!

So I assembled what I had to get them ready:

Untitled-2.jpg

All assembled and ready to go!!
And then I got goofy and made RSVP boxes.

Untitled-4.jpg

We have 4 months left and things are shaping up!
For my uncle, he could use some prayers and positive energy sent to him. He's not out of the woods yet and we are all on pins and needles for him. We're taking it day by day and hoping for the best.
Sorry, its a short update, but I missed y'all! I'm going now to read up on y'alls PJs!
:surfweb:

Sorry to hear about your uncle. Hope he keeps up with the good days and is feeling better.

Love the RSVP boxes, although I guess it all depends on your way of thinking. I'd be happy for people saying no to save $$ LOL.

I've been thinking about you, Kate! Glad to see you posted! :goodvibes

Sorry to hear about your uncle! Prayers will definitely be said for him. And I really like the invitations! They came out really well.

Looking forward to more updates, and hopefully catching up with you soon!! :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter