Kathryn & Charles, WDW wishes wedding, WP/GF 10/06/12!

MrsRomance said:
OMG Raptor was totally my favorite ride!! I knew I liked you for a reason

Fantasmic! well, it just is! Here is a link to a video on youtube -- they've refurbed it since that was shot and it's a lot better!! It's long, so make sure you have a bit of time before you start it up!

And the 'little boy' is my nearly 40 year old husband and you're right he was scared poop-less!!

Here's me posting yet again another :scared1: in response to your post!
O-M-G.. that was AWESOME! Is all that film footage projected onto a fan of WATER? Holy scha-nolies! And did that dragon really have actual green lightening coming from its wings? This is the OLD version? I HAVE to see this in person! WOW! I haven't seen illuminations yet, but I imagine is had some competition. I'd say "unreal", but I think I'll just say, "Disney" cause that about sums it up! :)

Raptor!! :laughing: great minds think alike! :hug: Man it's been so long since I was there! Good memories tho!

OMG!! :rotfl: :rotfl2: I'm sooo sorry Jay.. Seriously he looks 12 at the MOST! I went back and compared this picture to your PJ pics and he's wearing the SAME thing, and has the same hair cut and I can see a resemblance.. but WOW.. he doesn't look 40! Gues the Tower of Terror sacred the age out of him!
Ok, so who are the other people? I recognize your daughter, the pretty pretty Flower girl, but the two flanking guys. I'm not gonna even try to guess with the catastrophe I had with your DH! :laughing:

OK, Its official.. you and I are going to make our OWN set of emoticons! Here is the list we desperately need so far!
Butt Crack of Dawn Face
I'm Eagle Eye-ing You Face
Scarlet O'Hara Face
:laughing:

That's awesome! Gotta be proud of that Irish heritage. I'm 75% Irish! Fish and chips from REAL British people!? :rotfl: Only at Disney. Love it!
Soarin' rock. S-O-R-IN in the U-S-A! :) Cali gal, huh? What a beautiful state! I can see why that ride would make you homesick! It makes me homesick and I've never lived there! Man the smell of those oranges! :love:

:love::love::love::love::love::love: :love::love:Roller coasters! I grew up in Ohio and we had two major roller coaster parks within a few hours from the house. Needless to say, we went ALL the time! I'm an adrenaline junkie tho so its right up my alley! :rolleyes1
OMG! That's so hilarious about your ride on the Tower of Terror! :rotfl: I may just scream that when I'm there just to actually see the faces of the people around me. Then I'm going to add that emoticon to the list! "Laughing at the crazy woman screaming Mother of God I'm going to Die Face"

HAHA you're too sweet. Thanks! :hug: But its you that cracks me up! I literally LOL'ed and spit coffee out of my nose when I read your Tower of Terror story! Btw, I'm glad you're good with sharing that story, because the subsequent emoticon that comes from it will be totally worth it! :)

LMAO I have NO computer art/gif-design skills whatsoever. MAYBE I could pull something together on like Paint, but those emoticons would never move and they'd look like something a five year old put together! :lmao: I find myself more and more often wanting to use the smilies on here on facebook and tumblr, and it's such a shame that I can't!

I'm from MA originally, and that's where I've lived most of my life, but I went out to CA to visit a friend when I was 20 and just fell in love and decided to move out there a month later. Which is funny, because in high school I totally would've been voted "least likely to move cross-country". I loved it and miss it terribly.

Hey, I'm all for laughter and I'm good at being silly, so... :rotfl: I also admit to crying the first time I went on Space Mountain... and I was definitely into my 20s at that point! :confused3 It's too fast and I don't like not seeing where I'm going. I can handle Big Thunder Mountain just fine, and Splash Mountain in DW is okay (I don't like DL's since you sit all in a row instead of next to your person). But it's okay. Somebody has to hold the bags and what not. ;)

And Amanda, the expression on Jay's face in that picture is PRICELESS! :laughing:

Here's me posting yet again another :scared1: in response to your post!
O-M-G.. that was AWESOME! Is all that film footage projected onto a fan of WATER? Holy scha-nolies! And did that dragon really have actual green lightening coming from its wings? This is the OLD version? I HAVE to see this in person! WOW! I haven't seen illuminations yet, but I imagine is had some competition. I'd say "unreal", but I think I'll just say, "Disney" cause that about sums it up! :)

Raptor!! :laughing: great minds think alike! :hug: Man it's been so long since I was there! Good memories tho!

OMG!! :rotfl: :rotfl2: I'm sooo sorry Jay.. Seriously he looks 12 at the MOST! I went back and compared this picture to your PJ pics and he's wearing the SAME thing, and has the same hair cut and I can see a resemblance.. but WOW.. he doesn't look 40! Gues the Tower of Terror sacred the age out of him!
Ok, so who are the other people? I recognize your daughter, the pretty pretty Flower girl, but the two flanking guys. I'm not gonna even try to guess with the catastrophe I had with your DH! :laughing:

Yes Fantasmic! is projected on water fans for most of the show, and that is lightening....it's just amazing IMHO.....I just think it has the edge because it's not just fireworks, it's not a film, it's not live action -- it's everything all mashed together! It can be a PITA to get seats for it -- if you want you can book dinner at one of 3 restaurants (Hollywood and Vine, Mama Melrose's and The Hollywood Brown Derby) under the Fantasmic! dining package and you get priority seating which means you don't have to get there over an hour early to get in (and yes it is really that busy!). It was so great to have the patio all to ourselves. And they do a larger patio if it's something you think you may want to add to your festivities for a dessert party as I know you have a much bigger guest list! The staff at DHS are great too because they don't often get private events -- most brides do Illuminations. If it's something you are considering I can send you more pics (don't want to hijack your thread with my nonsense!). I may have to watch it again tonight....I just love the music it makes me smile :love:

Jay thought it was hilarious! And yes Kristen his face is priceless -- what I love about it is it is completely natural -- he couldn't replicate that face if he tried! The guy next to me is my friend's boyfriend Joe and the guy next to Kate is my friend's husband John (not the same friend!). Again I will put up some pics on my PJ with labels :D

Kate!! Your itinerary for your PS sounds like a blast! As others have said, I expect a full TR when you get back!!!!

As for rollercoasters.... HUGE ROLLERCOASTER JUNKIE OVER HERE!!!! I'm dying to get to Cedar Point. Boyfriend & I were thinking of roadtripping there this summer, but I'm not sure when we'll get to go. I'll run the idea by him again & see what he thinks.

And, HAVE FUN AT DISNEY! I'm so sad I have to wait until June to go... :(

Oh, and when you're back in the DC area, you should totally let me know! ;) Hopefully, you'll find your dresses on the next trip.

:hug:!

Hey Kate -- have a great PS tomorrow and eat lots of yummyness for me :D Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!

Happy PS Day tomorrow!! :cheer2: I hope you guys made it ok and that your parents got on the standby flights!! I promise I will have wedding dress options up before you get back!! :rolleyes1

Have an awesome PS tomorrow, Kate!!!! Hope you all made it to Orlando according to plan, and hope you had an awesome first day at Disney. Can't wait to hear all about the trip! :goodvibes

:hug:!

Mrs Romance said:
Hey Kate -- have a great PS tomorrow and eat lots of yummyness for me :D Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!

Dear, I'm so sorry I've been absent.. When you read my TR you'll understand. I hope you forgive me!

Wshs0127 said:
Happy PS Day tomorrow!! I hope you guys made it ok and that your parents got on the standby flights!! I promise I will have wedding dress options up before you get back!!

Oh the drama! When I'm done with this TR, I'm running over to see your dress pics! I feel like I have soo much to catch up on!

enchantedream88 said:
Have an awesome PS tomorrow, Kate!!!! Hope you all made it to Orlando according to plan, and hope you had an awesome first day at Disney. Can't wait to hear all about the trip!

Thanks!! TR, coming up!

yourgypsy said:
Happy Planning Session and Cake Eating Day!

kagsinbotley said:
Hope you have an amazing day planning!!! cant wait to hear all about it and expect lots of pics!!! xxxx

qtsugarangl said:
Hope you had a wonderful planning session day!!!

luvvwl said:
Oh, happy planning session day!!!

Thanks girls! I smiled all day thinking about y'all thinking about me in my PS! I took lots of pictures for y'all. Thanks for the warm thoughts!

kagsinbotley said:
Hope you had a fab planning trip!!!

Im desperate for your trip report xxx

Wshs0127 said:
Patiently waiting the PS TR! Hope it was fab!

CDsSleepingBeauty said:
I can't wait to read about your PS! I hope you all had a great time!!

I know y'all have been waiting very patiently, and I apologize in my tardiness of posting. Hopefully y'all will understand after I have explained all that has happened...

=========================================

Without further ado......

My PS.... DAY ONE!

As y'all know my parents were flying in from Chicago and were going to spend the night with me in Atlanta before we all went on the same flight to Orlando the next morning. All of the flights were full from Chicago to Atlanta, so I sent them to LaGuardia. I had them skip Atlanta altogether and sent them right to Orlando and put them up in a hotel to wait for us the next morning. Thank the airplane gods they never made it to Atlanta because they wouldn't have made it to Orlando that next morning. Charles and I took the last two seats!

Anyway, it all worked out perfectly even if it wasn't planned that way. We all met up at the Magical express and headed out for our day in Epcot!

IMG_2992-small.jpg

That's my mom and dad, and Charles in the background. Can you find me!? :laughing:

We checked into the hotel, and our rooms were ready! YAY! Charles and I changed into more appropriate Epcot attire, and off we went.

A note about Pop Century: We blocked this hotel in our room block thinking people wouldn't want to spend that much money for the wedding. Charles and I wanted to stay there to see how difficult it would be for our guests to get to and from the parks, as well as other important places on Disney Property.
While the rooms were clean, the price is great, and the walk is not far from the main building, I don't ever want to stay there again. They start playing oldies at 8am so loud we could hear it in our rooms. I get that most people are early risers when it comes to Disney, but all day, non stop oldies was more than I would have liked. Especially the day after a wedding with an open bar. No thanks! As it would seem, we just got our 6 month room block update. NO ONE, I repeat, NO ONE has booked at the Pop Century yet! We blocked the most rooms here, as I've said because we thought people would want to go super saver, apparently we were wrong. Everyone, save one family so far is staying at the Grand Floridian. That other family is at the Contemporary. Man, did I misjudge my family, or what?! Oops! :rolleyes1

Moving on.. so we go stand in line for the bus to Epcot. The line wasn't too long and we got on the first bus. We arrive and I am shaking with excitement. The last time I was at Epcot with my folks, I was 3 and it was brand new! I can't wait to show them all the new things! Of course I start snapping pics right away...

Taking pictures while in line... am I excited or what?

IMG_2994-small.jpg

I'M NEXT!!!!!
IMG_2995-small.jpg

Mom and me:
IMG_2999-small.jpg

My dad and me:
IMG_3007small.jpg

The Fantasia Topiary:
(all the topiary's were BEAUTIFUL!! More pics to come!)
IMG_2997-small.jpg

My mom has a small heart condition that had been acting up the night before. She was really weak and almost didn't want to go to the park. Charles went and got a motorized scooter for her. It was the best thing we bought the entire week! She LOVED it and it allowed her to have much more fun! Ever seen a woman trying to drive a scooter with a camera in one hand and a margarita in the other?!

IMG_3070-small.jpg

Well, now you have! This was taken much later in the day, but we had SUCH a good time! If you wondered where I get my silliness from, I believe this removes all doubt!

And off we go...

IMG_3008-small.jpg

We made a bee-line for Soarin'. I knew my folks would love the ride, and I desperately wanted to go on it again. Although, some of you will be happy to know I officially have a new favorite ride!! BUT... you must read on to find out which one!! :cool1:

We stopped and ate at that food court. BLACH.. but it was sustenance and that's all I was looking for. There was a nice woman that stopped me on the way out. She was conducting a survey of the food court. I gave it a meh- minus! She just stared at me! Can you believe she didn't know my rating system!?! :eek: The nerve! Hehe.

Our fast passes were for later that night, so we decided to explore the park. First ride was Nemo. Mine! Mine! Mine!
The line was short... but this was the first time my mom tried to maneuver the shooter in tight places. Imagine a 15 year old kid taking their driving test for the first time and knocking over all the cones. Except the "cones" were peoples ankles. After the first two, my dad stood permanently in front of the scooter as mom bumped and weaved her way into every railing in the Nemo line!
At one point she got herself wedged pretty good. After several 8 point forward and reverse attempts she got off the scooter, PICKED UP THAT BAD BOY, and repositioned it so she could drive it again.
I don't know about you, but if I was behind someone in line with a scooter, that I thought was handicapped, get up out of their chair, proceed to PICK THE CHAIR up and walk away with it, I might start to question their handicap status! (I'm laughing hysterically reliving this! :rotfl:) We laughed all the way through the line. What a great memory. One guy told my dad how brave he was for standing in front of the scooter!
We finally got to the ride. Compared to the fun we had in line, the ride was lame! As we walked off, the Crush show was just starting. I wanted to see it again, and my folks had never seen it. At the beginning of the show they explain how Crush can hear us because of the "hydro-phone" that is an underwater microphone.

IMG_3026-small.jpg

See the little microphone in the top right corner?
So anyway, it was a great show. My mom and dad loved it! They'd never seen anything like that before and I hadn't told them anything about it, so they didn't know it was interactive! My mom's jaw was dropped most of the time. It was sooo adorable. So.... Afterwords this is the conversation that transpired:

Me: Did you like the Crush show?
Mom: Yes I did, very much! How do they get that to work?
Me: Well, mom see, they have this thing called a HYDRO-PHONE. It's water proof and so it allows us to hear Crush underwater!
Mom: :sad2:
Me: :rotfl:

DAY ONE continued because DISBoards won't let me post more than 25 pics in a message! LAME!

Next was off to the see Figment. When I was 3 this was my favorite place, so revisiting it 30 years later was fun! We had a blast playing the instruments!

IMG_3035-small.jpg

IMG_3037-small.jpg

We then meandered to the ride inside the Epcot ball. Space something or other. We liked that. Then stopped to spectate at the topiary's and all the beautiful flowers, and went into the butterfly garden. Here are some pics!

IMG_3049-small.jpg

IMG_3054-small.jpg

IMG_3108-small.jpg

IMG_3149-small.jpg

And I took this one for OneSong:
IMG_3090-small.jpg

We walked the world showcase and did a "mature" version of drink around the world. We started off in Mexico with a couple Margaritas. You saw that pic already! :)
We had some beers in Germany:

IMG_3088-small.jpg

Some wine in France, another beer in England... and we got a little loopy:

IMG_3095-small.jpg

IMG_3096-small.jpg

IMG_3097-small.jpg

IMG_3077-small.jpg

IMG_3155-small.jpg

IMG_3120-small.jpg

IMG_3162-small.jpg

Somewhere in all this, we road Soarin'! Fantastic as always. And then sat down to dinner at:

IMG_3164-small.jpg

We took some more pictures here, but we were still loopy, and getting loopier since we ordered a bottle of wine, so I'll refrain from posting! :)

We then left Epcot behind... what a fantastic day!!

IMG_3183-small.jpg

Yay! You're back! Every time I saw your thread towards the top, I'd click to see if you had updated! :laughing:

It looks like you guys had SO much fun! And the mental image of your mom picking up the scooter had me in giggles! (And those things are heavy! Your mom must be She-Ra! :laughing:)

How did you like Chefs de France? We're eating there this upcoming trip and I'm really excited about the mac 'n cheese. :goodvibes

Can't wait to read more!

PS DAY TWO!!

This was our actual planning session day! Bright and early, we head over to the Grand Floridian convention center! Oh yeah, I got some sun yesterday, didn't I?! And it hurts about as bad as it looks!
IMG_3187-small.jpg

On our way to the convention center, we see this in the lobby:
IMG_3188-small.jpg

We're all kind of miffed because they STILL keep spelling my name wrong! I've told them time and time again, each time they say they've fixed it, but it always comes out wrong! UGH! ANYWAY....

We arrive at the convention center a little early and we are greeted by one of Chrissy's assistants. She led us back into the kitchen where we saw THIS:
IMG_3189-small.jpg

I had been a little prepared for this because of OneSong's PS TR, but it didn't really seem real until I was there! They even had personalized menus printed up. My parents had no idea what to expect and they were stunned! We met Robert, the maître d', who was Uh-Awesome and answered all out questions about the front of the house operations.
We also met our chef.. Chef Gary:

IMG_3194-small.jpg

Who answered all our back of the house questions.

The menu we had selected was some appetizers:

IMG_3197-small.jpg

From left to right, there is a blue cheese beef wrapped in bacon with a sun dried tomato pesto, on a stick! Charles was the only one that liked this one. We changed the pesto sauce to the sweet chili sauce and YUM!
The next is a vegetable roll. meh-minus, except the sweet chili sauce. Finally, is the crab cake. Everyone seemed to like this except for me. It was cut.

The first dinner we tried was a Filet in a red wine demi sauce. MOO!
IMG_3198-small.jpg

The veggies were crispy and yummy and the potatoes were uh-awesome! The red wine sauce wasn't great tho. Chef Gary suggested we change it to a blackberry reduction sauce instead for the final menu. Everyone loved that idea.

Next up, chicken. BA-GOCK!
IMG_3199-small.jpg

It had a red orange citrus reduction sauce that really was yummy! We kept this one on the final menu as is. It was great! Charles loved the french fry like potatoes. The veggies were the same, also yummy. :)

Final dinner option was the mahi-mahi. (Ummm, I don't have a sound for fish. so for effect, squeeze your cheeks together make a fish face and put your hands on either side of your head for gills. There, that's the best I can do!)
I also don't have a picture of this because it was NASTY! It was so bland and gross! Chef Gary said he knew it was going to be, and suggested we choose the salmon instead. We all agreed. Plus the wasabi potatoes are to DIE FOR! YUM!!!

Together the three of them were quite a team and we felt very welcome.
When we went over our allotted time by 40 mins, no one rushed us or made us feel like we needed to leave. They took the time to answer all our questions then allowed us to take more pictures.

IMG_3205-small.jpg

IMG_3201-small.jpg

Chrissy's assistant was very nice and took notes on all our comments about the food. She said she would meet with Chrissy before our afternoon planning session and pass along all that we had said.

We then had a couple mins to kill while we waited for 1pm to roll around. We had some coffee and chatted in the lobby!

IMG_3207-small.jpg

Then made our way to Franks. We had to take the obligatory front door pics! My folks went first:

IMG_3212-small.jpg

Aww.. what a nice picture!

Then I asked my mom to take a picture of Charles and I. She thought it would be funny to take one showing how short I am next to Charles!
IMG_3215-small.jpg

Then I asked her to take a nice normal one, so she went to the opposite extreme and took one trying to make me look taller. I was laughing hysterically at this point! Hence the Cheshire grin.
IMG_3216-small.jpg

Dang, I have a lot of teeth!! :)

Then we went inside.....

Your menu tasting looks yummy....

I think we have pretty much the same mains.... its good to know that iif we r not keen on certain things it can be changed.....

Love it all so far. Im super excited now 12days until my PS and 11days until i fly out to orlando.

:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter