Kathryn & Charles, WDW wishes wedding, WP/GF 10/06/12!

YAY you're back! Everything looks A-MA-ZING so far!! You're totally excused for your absence! Can't wait to see the cake tray......

We opened the door to Franks and the receptionist was behind the desk staring at us with a little grin of his own on his face. Apparently he had heard all the laughter coming from the other side of the door so he had stopped what he was doing to watch us be fools though the curtains. We had spent about 15 mins outside giggling and taking pictures so by the time we came in we had already made an impression.
Chrissy was called and came to meet us. If you've been following along, you know I was very nervous to meet her. She is make or break for this wedding... official opinion?!?!

SHE IS AWESOME!!! :love::love::love:

We couldn't have gotten a better planner! YAY DFTW! And to think, PSHAW, I was nervous! I needn't have worried! More on why she is awesome coming up.. (She's earned her dues already and I've only known her a week!)

So, we sat down and she began asking us question after question about what we wanted, how we wanted it, and what to do going forward. She was through and offered great suggestions when we were stumped. There wasn't a thing we suggested that she couldn't do. If she hadn't ever heard of it before, she didn't say, "nope can't do that", she said, "hmm.. never heard of that before, let me check."
During one of the breaks, my mom said, "if she's your planner, your wedding's going to be marvelous!"
:yay:

After HOURS, it was CAKE TIME!!!

IMG_3218-small.jpg

:scared1:

I don't think I tried enough combinations!!

IMG_3223-small.jpg

Our favorites were:

Chocolate with Mint Chocolate filling.
Almond cake with Amaretto moose filling
Yellow cake with milk chocolate filling and fresh raspberries.
All with butter cream frosting!

We went and hour and 30 mins over our allotted time. The receptionist was gone, and it was just Chrissy and us left in the building. She never once rushed us or made us feel like she had something better to do.
She even took the time to allow a few more pictures!
IMG_3220-small.jpg

It was a great experience and I did this all the way back to the hotel!
:dancer:

We freshened up and went to Downtown Disney for dinner and some shopping. We ate at Capn' Jacks.. Blach. But the shopping was fun. My dad started a pin collection. My mom bought a scarf and some earnings for me. Charles and I bought a couple coffee mugs and some things for our flower girls! It was a GREAT day! :woohoo:

PS DAY THREE!!

Our last day in Orlando, my parents left bright and early because tehy both had to be back to work. Charles and I spend the day at Hollywood studios. I had never been before so it was an experience for me!
First up, we fast passed Rocking roller coaster. Our tickets were for later in the day.

IMG_3239-small.jpg

SPOILER ALERT! If you haven't been on the Tower of Terror skip ahead

We wandered over to The Tower of Terror and waited in line. It was only about 45 mins, and mostly in the shade. I had no idea what to expect and Charles didn't tell me anything. We loaded in to the elevator and We got front and center seats. When the doors opened and we came OUT of the elevator shaft, OMG I had no idea what was going on!!
The first drop I nearly peed my pants. I had both feet braced on the front of the car, was cutting off the circulation to Charles' arm, and screaming like a mad woman!
Although, my face wasn't as awesome as Jay's (aka Mr Romance) I sure felt like he looked!

END OF SPOILER!

Next we went off to the back lot tour, that was really neat!
IMG_3258-small.jpg

We grabbed some lunch and went to stand in line for Toy Story. We went during the parade, without fast passes and only waited about an hour! Charles said this was awesome as most of the time it is a 3 hour wait.
He gave me a brief run down on how the ride worked and off we went!
I kicked his butt!! :laughing: He said beginners luck, I said, ALL SKILL!

Here is us standing in line.. After multiple failed attempts, some nice lady offered to take our pic. I am on my tippee tippee toes!

IMG_3275-small.jpg

Then it was almost time for the Rocking Roller Coaster! But we stopped and watched a Beauty and the Beast play. It was well done and entertaining. Well, mostly because...
IMG_3278-small.jpg

But we enjoyed it! :)

ANOTHER SPOILER! Ok, so the rocking roller coaster

HOLY CRAPOLA! :eek:
As we were standing in line and we come around the corner I see the first cars take off! OMG! I'm so excited! We wait for the very front car.... :scared1:
BEST.RIDE.EVER!! It is now officially my new favorite ride.
We immediately went back and fast passed it again and then headed to the Star Wars ride.
HATED IT! Never again. I was so nauseous! After we were done tho, we went back to the Rocking Roller coaster. On the way back a cast member gave us two more fast passes! We got there, fast passed again, and went on! The went on again! By the time we had been on three times, we were done, and had left over past passes. We decided to give them away like the CM gave some to us. We found a newly married couple and paid it forward!
We then went to dinner at a nice Italian place in the back of the park. It was fantastic! As we were leaving the park, I remember Mrs Romance tell me before I left that I had to see Fantasmic. It was about 10 mins till the second showing and we headed that way to see if we could get seats. We walked right in and sat almost front and center!
It was awesome! Good suggestion! :hug: I haven't see illuminations yet, so I can't make a comparison, but this was pretty spectacular! Sorry, I don't have any pictures, I was so mesmerized that I forgot to take some! :(

That concludes the Planning session TR ladies!
I leave you with a video that basically sums up our entire trip!

Scooter Doughnuts!

Sad update next....

Ok, now for the sad news!
:mad:

We came back from our planning sessions all excited and lots on the "to do" list! But it all came to screeching halt.....
On April 1st, the company Charles and I work for filed bankruptcy! I wish this was some cruel April fools joke, but sadly it is not! :(

Over the past week we had some really had decisions to make. We are (On Monday) at our 180 day mark. Not only did we have some hard decisions to make, we had only 4 days to make them! :eek: We went into panic mode.

We had a couple options on the table. Do we cancel the entire thing and lose all our deposits and just go to the court house, or elope; do we keep the wedding at WDW and cut the guest list, do we cancel WDW and have it somewhere else for cheaper, do we change to an escape or memories wedding? There were so many variables to think about and so many unknowns! Will we have jobs tomorrow? Will we have to move? What will our new pay rates be? With so much uncertainty, what is our best course of action? And we had to make a decision before our 180 day mark, just a few days away! We were stressed to say the least!

Here is where Chrissy earned her keep! I called the day after we found out about our company. Before, when I called I was unable to speak with her. I either got voice mail or her assistant. This day, she took our call. (Maybe the receptionist heard the desperation in my voice!) Anyway, she was sympathetic, and said she would speak with our sales consultant to see what our options were, which she did. She sent us an email within 2 days detailing our options and estimated costs.

She also sent email after email, removing and adding things, calculating and recalculating our BEO trying to get it down to a price we were more comfortable, making suggestion after suggestion, all within two days! She understood the importance of time because we needed to make a decision before 180 days! (Y'all know what happens at 180 days!) It seemed she basically put everything else on hold to work just with us in our time crunch!

Here is what we think is our best course of action. While we have the money to pay for the wedding as is, we didn't feel it was fiscally responsible at this time to not have an emergency fund in case we are out on the streets tomorrow. We feel that money would be better spent on survival rather than a wedding. My mom and dad said, life is only a compilation of memories and this is a big one. Don't miss this opportunity. So we decided to go ahead with the wedding, but we're cutting it in half. We've gotten the guest list down to 120 people (from 256) and are making some major cuts to decor, and bridal party. While these decisions haven't been finalized, we are thinking this is the best thing to do.

I now have to send a regret letter to half the people who received save the dates. We're thinking about cutting the bridal party down to just the best man and MOH, flower girls and ring bearer. We're skipping the sit down rehearsal dinner and making it a "welcome dessert party" for everyone instead.

This has been such a hard week. I haven't cried yet, but when I start writing that regret letter I just might. Its going to be one of the hardest letters I've ever written. (So naturally, I've been putting it off :rolleyes1)

I'm glad I have great parents who make great suggestions, a wedding planner who is worth her weight in gold, a DF who is supportive and rational, and a MOH who lets me vent. I am blessed!

Anyway, so I hope y'all forgive me for not posting my TR right after I got back. I was, as you can tell, trying to tread water in a mini crisis.

End of bad news! :) Deep breath, moving forward!

Like I said...
Moving on...
Yesterday I picked up my wedding bands!!! They are all sized and ready to go!!
:yay::yay::yay:

photo-5-small.jpg

I only get the bottom one at the wedding. The top one is a 5 year anniversary band. But we ordered them both now because it was better than getting 5 years from now and not being able to find it! :)

I love them!
:love:

Kate!!! I'm so happy you're back! I'd been thinking about you & how things were going, so when I noticed your PJ was updated and it was you, I was so happy!!! :cutie: We all missed you!!!!

Your PS looked like so much fun! I'm so glad you and your family had an amazing time, and that Chrissy was so wonderful. I hope I end up with a wonderful planner one day. The topiaries at Epcot are so pretty!!! And I agree with you; I became obsessed with Rockin Roller Coster after my trip in Oct. I'm going back to MGM/Hollywood Studios in June, and I absolutely can't wait to go on that ride again... And Tower of Terror!!! Your reaction sounds priceless. Hehe! I wasn't a Star Tours fan either. I'm not sure if I'll be doing that ride again.

As for the sadder news, I'm so sorry to hear about your company filing for bankruptcy. Job uncertainty is so frightening. I hope that you and Charles come out on the better side of this ordeal. Are you guys still working now, at least??

And I'm so happy to hear you guys are still doing the Disney wedding! Money situations are so incredibly stressful, and I'm learning that Disney is so so so so pricey at points, but you basically summed it up well with the fact this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. It's so awesome you both still get to have your fairy tale. :goodvibes

And OMG I LOVE YOUR RINGS SO MUCH!!!! Gorgeous!

Looking forward to more updates in the coming months, and hopefully chatting again soon!! :hug:

Hi Kate!! I'm joining in on your awesome PJ!

I absolutely loved looking at your pictures during your trip. It looks like you guys had tons of fun!! My tummy started to grumble just looking at your awesome food :lmao:

I'm so sorry to hear about your jobs. That's never something easy to deal with, but when you couple that with the stress of planning a wedding and keeping to a budget, things instantly get more difficult! I really hope something great comes out of this for you guys.

I'm really excited to read more about your wedding plans!

~Oh how I loved reading about your PS! It makes me miss mine..I wanna do the food tasting part all over again!
~I'm so glad that you chocolate cake with the mint chocolate filline...its absolutely delicious as one bite from your cake too! (I say this because the only bite of cake I got at my wedding was the bite we fed to each other! I never sat down after that...sad!
~I'm so sorry about the job thing. I am glad that you still get to have your memory of a fabulous weekend and I think that, though it will be really hard, the guests that you have to cut will undrestand.
~That ring is GORGEOUS!

-I'm SO glad you loved your planner! And all the food! I very much enjoyed your descriptions. I kinda wanted to reach through the screen and nibble a little bit. :rotfl:

-Oh, my... I do hope you had some aloe! Or that you're one of those lucky people that when they get a sunburn, it's gone by the next day! (If you are, I'm very, very envious lol)

-Aww, I'm sorry you didn't like the Star Wars ride. I'm a little nervous, as it's been years since I've been on it, and lately anything 3D makes me dizzy. :headache: And is it safe to say you won't be riding Tower of Terror again? And you know there's no judgment here on that one! :lmao:

-Ooh, I love the backlot tour! Seeing the old MGM ears tower always makes me think of MMC. That show was the highlight of my life in 7th and 8th grade.

-I'm so, so sorry to hear about you and Charles' company. :hug: How terrible! Are many other airlines hiring right now? I know job options for the average person aren't so great, but there are far less pilots in the world than there cashiers. (You get what I mean, right? You guys go through far more training!)

-Your rings look beautiful together! So sparkly! :goodvibes

Hi...

Loved your TR. Thank you.

Im really really sorry to hear about your's and Charles's company. What a huge come down from your fantastic trip away. Im sure things will work out fine for you guys. Im sure all your guest's will be understanding of your situation, and I hope that they will all be very supportive towards you both. Im so happy that you will still get to have your memorable day... and disney will make it fantastic, im sure!

I bet your planning session made it feel very real. At the moment, I feel like im planning a wedding for somebody else :rotfl: doesnt feel real yet.

I look forward to following more of your plans.

MrsRomance said:
Kate -- PM sent....

HUGE HUGS!!!

You're awesome. thanks so much! :)

enchantedream88 said:
Kate!!! I'm so happy you're back! I'd been thinking about you & how things were going, so when I noticed your PJ was updated and it was you, I was so happy!!! We all missed you!!!!

Your PS looked like so much fun! I'm so glad you and your family had an amazing time, and that Chrissy was so wonderful. I hope I end up with a wonderful planner one day. The topiaries at Epcot are so pretty!!! And I agree with you; I became obsessed with Rockin Roller Coster after my trip in Oct. I'm going back to MGM/Hollywood Studios in June, and I absolutely can't wait to go on that ride again... And Tower of Terror!!! Your reaction sounds priceless. Hehe! I wasn't a Star Tours fan either. I'm not sure if I'll be doing that ride again.

As for the sadder news, I'm so sorry to hear about your company filing for bankruptcy. Job uncertainty is so frightening. I hope that you and Charles come out on the better side of this ordeal. Are you guys still working now, at least??

And I'm so happy to hear you guys are still doing the Disney wedding! Money situations are so incredibly stressful, and I'm learning that Disney is so so so so pricey at points, but you basically summed it up well with the fact this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. It's so awesome you both still get to have your fairy tale.

And OMG I LOVE YOUR RINGS SO MUCH!!!! Gorgeous!

Looking forward to more updates in the coming months, and hopefully chatting again soon!!

Thanks! It will be a once in a life time opportunity. I'm glad we decided to go through with it after all. The Star Tours ride, never again! I was so nauseous after.
Thanks for your kind words about my rings. I love them so much too! I never expected to have something that awesome! I have a DF that loves me! hehehe
I'm glad we still get to go through with it, but sending out those regret letters will be one of the hardest things I've ever done! :(

iloisfra said:
Hi Kate!! I'm joining in on your awesome PJ!

I absolutely loved looking at your pictures during your trip. It looks like you guys had tons of fun!! My tummy started to grumble just looking at your awesome food

I'm so sorry to hear about your jobs. That's never something easy to deal with, but when you couple that with the stress of planning a wedding and keeping to a budget, things instantly get more difficult! I really hope something great comes out of this for you guys.

I'm really excited to read more about your wedding plans!
You are so sweet! Thanks! I'm glad you're here following along! The food was so great! I was drooling reliving it all! hehe.
For every bad situation, one can find a silver lining. Having a more intimate wedding will allow us to have more time with each quest and make the people who do come feel more special. It all could be a blessing in disguise! :) Thanks for your kind words tho.
I have lots more wedding plans to post! I hope you keep following along!

belle2211 said:
~Oh how I loved reading about your PS! It makes me miss mine..I wanna do the food tasting part all over again!
~I'm so glad that you chocolate cake with the mint chocolate filline...its absolutely delicious as one bite from your cake too! (I say this because the only bite of cake I got at my wedding was the bite we fed to each other! I never sat down after that...sad!
~I'm so sorry about the job thing. I am glad that you still get to have your memory of a fabulous weekend and I think that, though it will be really hard, the guests that you have to cut will understand.
~That ring is GORGEOUS!
You are too cute! My MOH said the exact same thing about her cake experience! She only got one bite too before the servers cleaned off her table! She wanted to make sure I had a plan in place to eat more than one bite too! :)
I think you're right about the guests too. I think people will understand. Especially in this economy lots of other people have gone through the same thing.
Thanks for your kind words about my ring! I'm thrilled with it. :love:

yourgypsy said:
-Oh, my... I do hope you had some aloe! Or that you're one of those lucky people that when they get a sunburn, it's gone by the next day! (If you are, I'm very, very envious lol)

-Aww, I'm sorry you didn't like the Star Wars ride. I'm a little nervous, as it's been years since I've been on it, and lately anything 3D makes me dizzy. And is it safe to say you won't be riding Tower of Terror again? And you know there's no judgment here on that one!

-Ooh, I love the backlot tour! Seeing the old MGM ears tower always makes me think of MMC. That show was the highlight of my life in 7th and 8th grade.

-I'm so, so sorry to hear about you and Charles' company. How terrible! Are many other airlines hiring right now? I know job options for the average person aren't so great, but there are far less pilots in the world than there cashiers. (You get what I mean, right? You guys go through far more training!)

-Your rings look beautiful together! So sparkly!

I'm not a tanner, I'm a burner.. and I stay burnt. So nothing to be jealous of here! :) I didn't have any aloe, but my mom saved the day with some sun burn cream. AHH. relief! :)
Oh no, I really enjoyed the TofT. I can't wait to ride it again. I was just shocked and it was all unexpected! Star tours on the other hand.. UGH! If you get nauseous easily, be warned. yikes. The behind the scenes tour was really fun tho!
I know, it stinks about the change of events. I'm trying to look in the bright side tho. And yeah, I get what you mean! There aren't that many jobs out there for us. Its a sucky situation. BUT.. We are still having the wedding, and we are still going to have a great day with lots of memories made! .... come hell or highwater dag nab it!!! :laughing:
Btw, I can't believe how close your wedding is! AND.. I still don't see pics of dresses yet! :eek:

kagsinbotley said:
Loved your TR. Thank you.

Im really really sorry to hear about your's and Charles's company. What a huge come down from your fantastic trip away. Im sure things will work out fine for you guys. Im sure all your guest's will be understanding of your situation, and I hope that they will all be very supportive towards you both. Im so happy that you will still get to have your memorable day... and disney will make it fantastic, im sure!

I bet your planning session made it feel very real. At the moment, I feel like im planning a wedding for somebody else doesnt feel real yet.

I look forward to following more of your plans.

Thanks hon! I had a lot of fun writing the TR and gigiling about reliving it. I'm really glad you enjoyed reading it. As far as the job thing goes. UGH. It stinks, but we'll get through it. Like I said earlier, there's a silver lining in there somewhere! :) And you're so right, Disney will make it fantastic no matter how many people are there!
The PS made it feel VERY real. I came home with a to-do list a mile long.
I'm so glad you're here following along! Much more to come! :)

Just a thought.....did you send a pre-RSVP with your STDs? Because perhaps there are some people who won't make it down anyway, thus less regrets you'd have to do?

Also....since your wedding is a mere 3 days after my birthday, can you please send any leftover cake to me please? Don't want it to go to waste or anything ;)

Hope things are starting to turn around for you both!!

I'm not a tanner, I'm a burner.. and I stay burnt. So nothing to be jealous of here! :) I didn't have any aloe, but my mom saved the day with some sun burn cream. AHH. relief! :)
Oh no, I really enjoyed the TofT. I can't wait to ride it again. I was just shocked and it was all unexpected! Star tours on the other hand.. UGH! If you get nauseous easily, be warned. yikes. The behind the scenes tour was really fun tho!
I know, it stinks about the change of events. I'm trying to look in the bright side tho. And yeah, I get what you mean! There aren't that many jobs out there for us. Its a sucky situation. BUT.. We are still having the wedding, and we are still going to have a great day with lots of memories made! .... come hell or highwater dag nab it!!! :laughing:
Btw, I can't believe how close your wedding is! AND.. I still don't see pics of dresses yet! :eek:

I'm not a tanner either. I burn, freckle, and fade. Which is fine. Skin cancer's ugly anyways. :laughing:

I'm curious as to how my brain/body will do with Star Tours. It was fine a few years back, but lately anything 3D or with too much movement... ugh. But I'm stubborn, so that should help! ;)

And that's definitely the way to look at it. You're gonna have a great day in a fantastic place. One way or another. We need to add a stubbornness smiley to our list of emoticons!

I do have pics of the dress on the PJ! Not since she's been hemmed, since my mom's TERRIBLE with a camera, though. And now she's at the cleaners, and since Kristen's fabulous with waiting for the last minute, I get the dress back literally the day before I send it down to Carolyn Allen's. Whoopsie. Are you on the DISBrides facebook page? I do plan on hijacking Doug's tablet at some point on the day of the wedding, making him take a picture of me, and figuring out how to post it on there. (I don't have internet access on my phone, else I'd do it myself lol) You know you're a geek when... :lmao:

Are you on the DISBrides facebook page? I do plan on hijacking Doug's tablet at some point on the day of the wedding, making him take a picture of me, and figuring out how to post it on there. (I don't have internet access on my phone, else I'd do it myself lol) You know you're a geek when... :lmao:

I was just thinking about this as well! Kate, are you on the facebook group? :goodvibes

MrsRomance said:
Just a thought.....did you send a pre-RSVP with your STDs? Because perhaps there are some people who won't make it down anyway, thus less regrets you'd have to do?

Also....since your wedding is a mere 3 days after my birthday, can you please send any leftover cake to me please? Don't want it to go to waste or anything

Hope things are starting to turn around for you both!!
STD, RSVPs?? I didn't even know people DID this!? I'm so lame and unacknowledgable when it comes to all this wedding stuff. :confused3
Unfortunately, the opposite is true for us. We got our 6th month room block last week, and we noticed that lots of folks who would have been on the "cut" list have already booked their rooms. :eek: Those people we will be extending an invitation to. There isn't anyone I know of, or at least no one told me, that they specifically AREN'T coming.. (Well I take that back, Charles' brother-in-law, once said some pretty awful things and concluded his rant with and I'm not coming. However, he's not being cut either.)
Anyway, we basically just cut out what I have been calling "tier 2" and "tier 3". Extended family and work friends.
Things are looking up tho.. I've written about that below... :)
Seriously?! Your birthday is on the 3rd? That's awesome! I will save you a piece of cake, think it would ship well?

yourgypsy said:
And that's definitely the way to look at it. You're gonna have a great day in a fantastic place. One way or another. We need to add a stubbornness smiley to our list of emoticons!

I do have pics of the dress on the PJ! Not since she's been hemmed, since my mom's TERRIBLE with a camera, though. And now she's at the cleaners, and since Kristen's fabulous with waiting for the last minute, I get the dress back literally the day before I send it down to Carolyn Allen's. Whoopsie. I do plan on hijacking Doug's tablet at some point on the day of the wedding, making him take a picture of me, and figuring out how to post it on there. (I don't have internet access on my phone, else I'd do it myself lol) You know you're a geek when...
How did I miss the new dress pic?! I'm going to investigate right this min! Shame on me!
You are sooooo right about that stubborn emoticon! So many facial expressions, so little emoticons! ;)
I love your idea of posting a pic! I'm stealing that! And, I'm going to be watching for yours on the day of your wedding!! :laughing:

yourgypsy said:
Are you on the DISBrides facebook page?
enchantedream88 said:
I was just thinking about this as well! Kate, are you on the facebook group?

uh... no.. I didn't even know such a thing existed.. hmmmm
I'll go look for it!

============================================

Updates!

The wording for the regret letter is pretty much, more or less, kind of, almost, but not quite, complete. If you've ever had to write something like this, you know. I've have a lot of hard things to get through in my life, and this is at the top of the list. IT SUCKS!
Anyway, here is the wording, y'all let me know what you think...

Dearest family and friends,

The company where Charles and I are employed, filed for bankruptcy earlier this month. This development leaves us with many uncertainties about our current jobs and subsequently, our future.

In recent days, we have been forced to make some very difficult decisions concerning the next few months, including our wedding plans. We have discussed and weighed all our available options. We have come to the conclusion that, at this time, our most responsible course of action is to scale back our wedding plans.

Therefore, it is with a heavy heart, that we must limit our invitations to immediate family. We feel terrible about this recent change of events, and it saddens us that we will be unable to celebrate our joy with everyone we would have liked.

We know many of you feel this same pain of job uncertainty in our struggling economy. We appreciate your understanding, your love, and your support in this difficult time.

Please accept our deepest regrets,

:mad:

So that's that.

I decided that it would be better if we had everything printed out on a nice card stock rather than my crappy printer and regular paper. I figure it looked more heartfelt rather than just something we threw together. The good news: I have a cousin in the wedding stationary business! She's printing everything for us at cost! She's just fantastic.
We're also going to order place cards, escort cards, programs, personalized champagne bottles (for gift baskets) and custom stamps from her. She's saving us a LOT of money! YAY for awesome family to the rescue! :yay:

We've also decided on some items that are going to be going in the gift baskets and we've started ACQUIRING! Yikes we're actually spending money now!

Everything below will be going into navy blue plastic buckets. (I know that sounds cheap, and they were, but they look awesome) We're going to wrap them all up in plastic with a silver sparkley bow! My future MIL did this mock up the other day. She did a great job! A photo sticker will go on the front of the bucket, and a name tag, will hang from the bow. (printed by my awesome cousin!)

giftbasketmock.jpg

Inside:
- Coloring books and crayons for the kids
- water bottles with personalized labels (ordered)
- personalized photo stickers for the front of the bucket (ordered)
- personalized draw string back packs. (ordered) We figured people could use these in the parks or the kids can tote their coloring books to the wedding!
- hand sanitizer
- sun burn cream (or aloe - because there are people out there like Kristen and I that have the potential to really need this! :) )
- snacks - bags of chips
- candy - dove chocolate, kisses, peppermint patties (they match our colors)
- homemade rice crispy treats
- personalized champagne bottles, and plastic toasting glasses (not for the kiddos)
- personalized mickey ears with their names for the kids (MAYBE - we're undecided on this one we may just do it for the two flower girls and the ring bearer)
- personalized frame, with pre-paid photo envelope. We want to do caricatures as a wedding favor. We thought a frame for each family that they could put the favor in and ship back to them might be nice. We're working on the logistics of this at the moment - its slightly complicated

There are some other things that we'll put in there, but that where we've started. :cool1:

Hey Kate!

Great job on the letter, I know it must have been so tough to write! Fingers crossed that everyone will be understanding -- I would be, it's not like you just don't want to invite people or anything!

Add me into the super burn camp -- I have been described in the past as being 'so white, I'm clear' :P Seriously though, I burn really badly -- guess it's because I inherited my red-haired dad's complexion!! So needless to say, the sunblock in the bucket is fab!!

Fingers crossed that all starts moving in the right direction -- you're less than six months out now EEEK!

MrsRomance said:
Hey Kate!

Great job on the letter, I know it must have been so tough to write! Fingers crossed that everyone will be understanding -- I would be, it's not like you just don't want to invite people or anything!

Add me into the super burn camp -- I have been described in the past as being 'so white, I'm clear' :P Seriously though, I burn really badly -- guess it's because I inherited my red-haired dad's complexion!! So needless to say, the sunblock in the bucket is fab!!

Fingers crossed that all starts moving in the right direction -- you're less than six months out now EEEK!

Thanks for the kind words! I needed that! :hug: I hope they will understand too.
I know what you mean about being "clear"! :laughing: I've been called the same thing. I'm 75% Irish and have the typical "Irish complexion", but without the red hair. I think red hair is soooo pretty! Yours is no exception, my dear! My favorite response to being called clear is, "I'm proud of my pasty white-ness, I have less of a chance of skin cancer!" :cool1:
Lucky for you that in the UK y'all don't get much sun = no sun burn, right?! hehe

Thanks for the kind words! I needed that! :hug: I hope they will understand too.
I know what you mean about being "clear"! :laughing: I've been called the same thing. I'm 75% Irish and have the typical "Irish complexion", but without the red hair. I think red hair is soooo pretty! Yours is no exception, my dear! My favorite response to being called clear is, "I'm proud of my pasty white-ness, I have less of a chance of skin cancer!" :cool1:
Lucky for you that in the UK y'all don't get much sun = no sun burn, right?! hehe

While that is so true - no sunburns, however there really isn't any real summer here :( It was funny today, we were out and I wasn't feeling well and Jay said 'you look really pale' I was like, if I LOOK pale I MUST be sick :rotfl: I too am proud to be pasty -- I am relatively wrinkle free and don't have sun damage like a lot of people my age so that's one really good thing!!

Just keep smiling, after all if the people who have to get cut don't understand then they probably aren't worth it anyway.....that's my mantra as of late -- if you can't sing from my hymn sheet, get the 'you know what' out of the choir!

One more thing from today...

I've been mulling over this decision for a couple days.. I would love some input.
My MOH, my sister, is the most fantastic person. She tried on a million dresses without complaining once, she's always willing to listen and give advice even at 2 in the morning. She's been an active buffer between mom and I, and has spent endless hours proofing my blogs, my invite wording, this regret letter. Anyway, I wanted to do something special for her and get her a special present.
Her and I have always grown up loving Peter Pan and are both avid readers. When we were younger, I was always Peter, and she was one of the lost boys. In adult hood, we've kept our nicknames and still really love Peter Pan. I thought about getting her this.....

peterandwendy.jpg

It's a first edition JM Barrie Peter and Wendy novel printed in 1911. Its not in GREAT condition, but mint conditions are really expensive. Its also not signed, but those are even more. Do you think she'd like it? I know that's a really difficult question when you don't know someone, but any thoughts are welcome. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter