Kathryn & Charles, WDW wishes wedding, WP/GF 10/06/12!

I'm not even going to quote that and just say....

OH.... MY.... GOSH!!!!!!:scared1:
WOW!

I am sure I would never be allowed on property again and they would cancel my wedding if I asked for all of them! :laughing: Where do I start?? I just printed that out and I'll make my call on Monday to add some of these! I hope they don't hate me! Thanks for my rest of the day project!

MrsRomance said:
Bavarian Cream with Fresh Strawberries
SERIOUSLY?! :cloud9:

I will take many pictures and report back with as many details as possible when I return! Promise! :)

I am sure I would never be allowed on property again and they would cancel my wedding if I asked for all of them! :laughing:

No, I think they would just have to roll you out of the room! I'm sure there is a limit to how many you can try, but seriously -- given how much people spend on Wishes weddings, they should let you try whatever you want!

Are you getting the groom's cake through disney? We used It's Tasty Too for our cake and they were a-maze-ing! We tried to price up a cake through Disney but they wanted over $400ish more than It's Tasty Too if you can believe it!

Just something to consider :D

MrsRomance said:
Are you getting the groom's cake through disney? We used It's Tasty Too for our cake and they were a-maze-ing! We tried to price up a cake through Disney but they wanted over $400ish more than It's Tasty Too if you can believe it!

We had planned to use Disney cakes. Honestly I thought that was our only option. Isn't there some ridiculous fee for bringing in your own cake? I remember talking about that with our sales person awhile back. :confused3 Was it still cheaper to pay the fee and bring in your own cake?

We had planned to use Disney cakes. Honestly I thought that was our only option. Isn't there some ridiculous fee for bringing in your own cake? I remember talking about that with our sales person awhile back. :confused3 Was it still cheaper to pay the fee and bring in your own cake?

I think it depends on where you're going to have it. If you're planning on having it at your reception then I don't think you can use an outside vendor. I know others have had the groom's cake at the rehearsal dinner, or at another event.

We had ours in our room because we didn't have a formal 'reception' as such -- we just had our dinner at Fantasmic! It may be worth asking about though!

HAHA. I LOVE to travel! #1 most favorite-est hobby! Hence the whole being a pilot thing. It really makes traveling a requirement! :) However, I have to say, when I travel for work I really only see hotels and airports. The traveling for free to where ever I want to go when I'm not working, however, is the BEST part! :)
That's crazy about your MOH! I'm so sorry! Least you had a local one that was promotable!
I couldn't agree with you more! I definitely have Peter Pan syndrome! Just because I get older doesn't mean I have to act it! :laughing: (If I could have put peter pan as my avatar I would have, but tink had to do for now!)

Doh! I must've completely missed that part! Or forgotten. There's a very good chance of that. If it's not written down these days... :rolleyes1 What a fantastic job! Even if you aren't seeing as much in the locations, just getting to go to so many places. And the free air travel is pretty sweet, too. :goodvibes

You'll take lots and lots of pics at your PS, right? Let me live vicariously through you! :laughing: I'm just looking at that list and imagining the taste and I'm all but drooling over my keyboard! :lmao:

yourgypsy said:
Doh! I must've completely missed that part! Or forgotten. There's a very good chance of that. If it's not written down these days... What a fantastic job! Even if you aren't seeing as much in the locations, just getting to go to so many places. And the free air travel is pretty sweet, too.

You'll take lots and lots of pics at your PS, right? Let me live vicariously through you! I'm just looking at that list and imagining the taste and I'm all but drooling over my keyboard!

HAHA! Not to worry, it was only mentioned once and very obscurely at that. I'm sure you're not the only one that didn't catch it. Plus, you had to forgive me when I thought your ring was a sapphire when I TOTALLY should have known better! Truce? :laughing:
In all honesty air travel is super ridiculous these days and I'm so grateful to be able skip around most of the bull-honkey.
You bet I will take LOTS of pics during my PS! I'm so excited :goodvibes and so nervous :scared: all at the same time. Talk about a flood of emotions.
I get to taste cake, but what if I forget to ask something important! I get to met the chefs, but what if I can't afford the flowers! I get to meet my planner, but what if she hates me!? :eek: I didn't say all of my nervousness was RATIONAL! HaHa!

CAKE....
Anyway, I'm sooo adding the following cakes to my tasting come tomorrow morning:
(and yes I'm drooling now too! I blame Amanda because she gave me the list and I've done nothing else all day!) :)

- chocolate cake with mint chocolate filling. (even though it isn't on the list)
- Chocolate cake with Bavarian Cream with Fresh Strawberries! UH-AWESOME
- chocolate cake with Peanut Butter Cup filling
- chocolate cake with White Chocolate Mousse with Fresh Strawberries
and
- the almond cake with Amaretto Mousse

Where is the :DROOL: emoticon!? Suppose I'll have to settle for :cake: instead...

My cake is going to be like 20 layers tall because I won't be able to decide between all the yummy goodness!

Planner: "So, Kate, which flavor would you like for your wedding cake"
Me: "YES, PLEASE!"

:rotfl:

Now, THATS my kind of cake!

Eek! I finally found a date twin!!! =] <3 Can you believe how close we're getting?!

Your ring is gorgeous!!

HAHA! Not to worry, it was only mentioned once and very obscurely at that. I'm sure you're not the only one that didn't catch it. Plus, you had to forgive me when I thought your ring was a sapphire when I TOTALLY should have known better! Truce? :laughing:
In all honesty air travel is super ridiculous these days and I'm so grateful to be able skip around most of the bull-honkey.
You bet I will take LOTS of pics during my PS! I'm so excited :goodvibes and so nervous :scared: all at the same time. Talk about a flood of emotions.
I get to taste cake, but what if I forget to ask something important! I get to met the chefs, but what if I can't afford the flowers! I get to meet my planner, but what if she hates me!? :eek: I didn't say all of my nervousness was RATIONAL! HaHa!

CAKE....
Anyway, I'm sooo adding the following cakes to my tasting come tomorrow morning:
(and yes I'm drooling now too! I blame Amanda because she gave me the list and I've done nothing else all day!) :)

- chocolate cake with mint chocolate filling. (even though it isn't on the list)
- Chocolate cake with Bavarian Cream with Fresh Strawberries! UH-AWESOME
- chocolate cake with Peanut Butter Cup filling
- chocolate cake with White Chocolate Mousse with Fresh Strawberries
and
- the almond cake with Amaretto Mousse

Where is the :DROOL: emoticon!? Suppose I'll have to settle for :cake: instead...

My cake is going to be like 20 layers tall because I won't be able to decide between all the yummy goodness!

Planner: "So, Kate, which flavor would you like for your wedding cake"
Me: "YES, PLEASE!"

:rotfl:

Now, THATS my kind of cake!

I would totally be freaking out as well. I get nervous when it comes to meeting new people. I'm (mostly) fine once the other person starts the conversation, but the anxiety leading up to the situation is the killer. I have a phone conversation with my planner on Monday and I'm already having anxiety about that! :scared1:

Too bad they'd probably charge an arm and a leg and a major organ or two to do multiple flavors per layer. :laughing: Which really wouldn't be all that hard to do, if you think about it. The hard part would just be not eating all of it at one time!

What time is your planning session? I hope it's early enough so that you don't have to worry about eating breakfast! :goodvibes

Kathryn,

I loved reading your journal!!! Your PS is coming up so soon! I can't wait to hear how it goes. I am also using Navy as the color of my girls dresses! I think navy is just so classy! Regarding your bridemaids shoes, do you know what color?! Im debating this!

I hope your PS goes well!!!

Im so Sorry ladies.... I PROMISE to get to each and everyone of your responses! (I'm mobile an limited in hOw I can respond...)
Just wanted to say I made it to DC and off to offically pick a bridesmaid dress!!!!
Soooo excited! :yay:

Im so Sorry ladies.... I PROMISE to get to each and everyone of your responses! (I'm mobile an limited in hOw I can respond...)
Just wanted to say I made it to DC and off to offically pick a bridesmaid dress!!!!

YAY! How exciting! Have fun....and think of this:

CAKE TASTING TRAY!!

(would post a pic but it was HUGE!!)

I got behind on all your plans but now I'm all caught up! You can probably guess which BM dress I prefer but I have to say I just LOVE it in navy. So so classy. :)

I actually have a question for you. We are planning our wedding for October 2013 and during our site visit our consultant got me a little freaked out about the whole lottery process. She said that Oct is one of their busiest months and that it's not uncommon to have 7-10 people wanting the same date! She also said that there have been people that have tried 3 or 4 times without getting a date! So I'm wondering if you had any issues getting your October date, especially since it's a Saturday (we want a Friday). Thanks!

YAY one vote for dress one! Its secretly my favorite too! I haven't divulged which is my favorite yet to my MOH, I want her to pick the one she feels the prettiest in. Thanks for your kind comments on my STD!
OHH yay for DC people. :yay: Like most people in DC, she's not from there. She got her masters there at American university and never moved after she graduated. I LOVE going to visit her. Especially this time of year! I absolutely love cherry blossoms. I hope we get to see some! Right now in Atlanta we are having a dusting of yellow icky pine pollen. At times it literally looks like a yellow fog in the air. :eek: I'll wave to you when I'm there! :laughing:

Lol, most people from this area aren't from here originally (myself included). DC is pretty much a "transplant" area. I really do enjoy it here. I'm hoping to make it into the city to see the cherry blossoms this year.

And, :wave2:!!

You are soooo sweet! Thanks! Bad news tho, work wouldn't let me go today! :mad: I have to work tonight so I can't take a flight until the morning. BOO-HISS, no fun today! But, I'm getting up bright and early for tomorrow! We have three appointments lined up! PHEW! Trying to make up for lost time.

Sucks you couldn't make it up here last night, but I'm glad you made it safely today! Hope you got to enjoy the gorgeous weather! And, hope you ladies found a dress!!!!

I actually have a question for you. We are planning our wedding for October 2013 and during our site visit our consultant got me a little freaked out about the whole lottery process. She said that Oct is one of their busiest months and that it's not uncommon to have 7-10 people wanting the same date! She also said that there have been people that have tried 3 or 4 times without getting a date! So I'm wondering if you had any issues getting your October date, especially since it's a Saturday (we want a Friday). Thanks!

I'm going to second this question, especially since the boy has always wanted a fall wedding. (Granted, we may not have it since I might go back to school, but that's a tangent for another post. :rolleyes1)

Hi there! Wow I missed a lot!! The BM dresses are so pretty! I really like the 3rd one with the bow! Which one did you pick????? popcorn::

mmm cake! Just an FYI, while you're tasting cake flavors, they will not make slices ... they give you slivers of each type of cake, so you'll get like 4 thin sheets of chocolate cake (we tried almond, chocolate, yellow and marble)then small containers of all the fillings so you can spread the filling on the cake and try it. I assume they will just add slices of cake you requested, ie the Red Velvet, and then a container of the filling (PB Cup). :) That way you can mix and match!! We are getting 2 layers of almond w/ amaretto (one to cut into and one to take home) then our 3rd layer is almond w/ bailey's. yum! :goodvibes

I went to school in VA so almost all of my friends from school now live in DC. I love visiting them! Hopefully you get to see some Cherry blossoms! Is it too early for them? We got a tree last year at our house but it hasn't bloomed yet (though I'm much more north than DC!) Hope you're having fun with your MOH!

Ah Kate! I'm so behind in just 3 days!!! I know I'm late now but I like the first dress lol! Glad you made it to your MOH, that's so cool and personal that you're flying to each bridesmaid. Mine are only in one other state so thankfully its driving distance! This Disney wedding saving is tough :scared1: but all worth it in the end!! I'm so looking forward to your planning session and the details. You're so funny, I'm the same kind of nervous about my PS! I love the way you describe things!! :rotfl: I look forward to catching up with you every time I can manage to login. These boards are addicting!! There is Lots of love from the disbrides!! :hug:

My DF would like a red velvet scuba diver for his grooms cake. His inspiration is from Steel Magnolias and their armadillo cake.

Hey! Just wanted to give you a heads up on the grooms cake. Make sure you tell your wedding planner straight up what you want because they might not be able to do it. DH is a huge Broncos fan and a huge Journey fan so I wanted a Broncos football helmet with a Journey Cd next to it. My planner asked and was told the best they could do was a flat sheet cake decorated to look like a football field with Broncos written in the end zone with music notes on them. I know I have seen some amazing cakes here so I was surprised when they couldn't make what I wanted and I chose to have my groom's cake at my off property rehearsal dinner.

So just check to be sure!

Yay! Have fun shopping! :goodvibes

I'M BACK!!! I have a lot to report, but first (and most important).....
I totally love y'all!! :lovestruc

lilsqueakrr said:
Eek! I finally found a date twin!!! =] <3 Can you believe how close we're getting?!

Your ring is gorgeous!!
Awwww!! Thanks so much! Yours is gorgeous too and your story is so sweet!

:yay::yay: DATE TWINS! You know there is another of us out there.. which really makes us triplets!! hehe.. pima416, aka Amanda.. Here is her PJ

I'm so glad you're here following along! I'm loving all your plans so far!

yourgypsy said:
I would totally be freaking out as well. I get nervous when it comes to meeting new people. I'm (mostly) fine once the other person starts the conversation, but the anxiety leading up to the situation is the killer. I have a phone conversation with my planner on Monday and I'm already having anxiety about that!

Too bad they'd probably charge an arm and a leg and a major organ or two to do multiple flavors per layer. Which really wouldn't be all that hard to do, if you think about it. The hard part would just be not eating all of it at one time!

What time is your planning session? I hope it's early enough so that you don't have to worry about eating breakfast!
Its always nerve racking meeting new people! Especially when these people determine the next 6 months of your life and the lifetime of memories!
LOL about the multiple layers per cake! I wouldn't have even thought about that! When I think about making a cake my main concern is more: "don't burn it don't burn it don't burn it" and less: "How can I get two flavors in this layer" :laughing: My natural inability to bake doesn't give me much imagination when it comes to originality. The most original I get is copying off someone else.. hehehehe. However, I do agree it would be REALLY hard to not eat all of it!
My PS starts on Tuesday at 9 am! We meet with the chef first and then at 1 with the planner. FULL day, with steak for breakfast! YUM! :) I don't think I'll have to worry about breakfast OR lunch... and maybe not even dinner! ;)

rnbecca09 said:
Kathryn,

I loved reading your journal!!! Your PS is coming up so soon! I can't wait to hear how it goes. I am also using Navy as the color of my girls dresses! I think navy is just so classy! Regarding your bridemaids shoes, do you know what color?! Im debating this!

I hope your PS goes well!!!

Thanks so much! I'm so glad you're here! :welcome:
YAY for navy! I think its a BEAUTIFUL color.. good choice! ;)
As for the Bm's shoes, I was thinking I would use my secondary colors which are silver and crystal. (yes, I've officially make "crystal" a color for my wedding!:laughing:) Their dresses would be navy, they're carrying a combination of light blue hydrangeas and white roses, and their shoes would be silver with some bling. I haven't quite gotten so far as to actually looks at specific shoes yet, but that's whats rolling around in my head!
Do you have a PJ? I'd love to see your planning and the dresses you've picked out for your girls!

MreRomance said:
YAY! How exciting! Have fun....and think of this:

CAKE TASTING TRAY!!

(would post a pic but it was HUGE!!)

Why is it that I'm always posting a ":scared1:" in response to your posts!? hehe. That looks UH-AWESOME! I've never been so excited to gain 5 pounds, seriously!
Btw, I called today and set up all the fillings I wanted to try. Of course since we are only a few days out from the PS, they weren't sure if they could, but my planners assistant seemed to think it wouldn't be a problem! I'm doing the happy dance! I CAN'T WAIT!

tinydancr06 said:
I got behind on all your plans but now I'm all caught up! You can probably guess which BM dress I prefer but I have to say I just LOVE it in navy. So so classy.

Thanks so much! I'm so in love with that color too! I'm pretty sure I can guess which is your favorite dress!! Great minds think alike! While I loved that dress, I didn't love it on my MOH. :confused3 Oh well!

First, YAY for October 2012 brides! :yay: I just love October and I think its SOOOO sweet you're trying to get married on your anniversary! Love it! (Btw, I'm totally stalking your PJ!)
I'm sorry this is so long...
On to your question: Nothing about a lottery was mentioned to us! I wish I could help you with how that process works, but all I'd be giving you is worthless conjecture. I'm sorry. :( BUT, this is what happened to us and maybe it will help:
I was REALLY adamant about a Saturday 5pm fall wedding. However, like you, we were told October is a busy month for conventions and there will be a lot of people interested in that date and time. (Saturday 5pm, apparently its popular!) However, we started planning 20 months out, so you're in the right time frame to get the date you want. Now, I will say that we had to be johnny on the spot when it came to signing the contract so no one could get to the date we wanted before us. Come Oct 6th, 2011 at the opening of business, that contract had been read, signed, completed, and faxed.
(I'm sure you know this, but I didn't so I thought it was important to mention here...) To have a completed contract you have to know an approximate guest count, choose the resorts as well as the dates and locations where you think your guests will choose to stay for your room block. With our guest count (256), this was VERY complicated and took about a month to work though so start early!!
However, we were ready to lock in when that 12 month mark came and I think this is the only reason we were able to get that date. I would also ask pima416, aka Amanda because she was able to get Oct 6th, 2012 too!
One other side note and something to be aware of. OneSong, aka Michelle ran into this and I'm sure others here have too! Disney reserves the right to change your location and your room block at ANY TIME FOR ANY REASON. Its in the contract and they WILL NOT budge on this. Its either agree to it or don't have a Disney wedding. What's going on behind the scenes is this: The Disney conventions take precedent over any wedding.. PERIOD, even with a signed contract! My thought was, this is ABSURD, I'm personally spending over $60,000 not to mention what my guests will spend on hotels and food while they are here, I want to lock in my location dog-gone-it! But the conventions bring in more money and they bring in that mo-money yearly. Weddings are just a one time deal (VR's being the exception). From a business standpoint, however, I understand why the conventions take priority. I don't like it, but I understand it, it's just business.
Ok all that said, I don't know anything about a lottery because that wasn't ever mentioned to us, but I think you have a VERY good chance of getting the date time and location you want if you're first in line at the fax machine all ready to send off that contract at the opening of business Oct 25th, 2012. I hope that helps and I haven't lead you astray.

Sucks you couldn't make it up here last night, but I'm glad you made it safely today! Hope you got to enjoy the gorgeous weather! And, hope you ladies found a dress!!!!

Quote: tinydancr06
I actually have a question for you. We are planning our wedding for October 2013 and during our site visit our consultant got me a little freaked out about the whole lottery process. She said that Oct is one of their busiest months and that it's not uncommon to have 7-10 people wanting the same date!

I'm going to second this question, especially since the boy has always wanted a fall wedding. (Granted, we may not have it since I might go back to school, but that's a tangent for another post. )
DC was sooo pretty! The weather was perfect and the trees were gorgeous! Details about the dress searching will be in the post to follow! :yay:
As for the question about a fall wedding, I hope you don't mind if I refer you to the answer I just gave to tinydancr06. I really hope this helps y'all.

tric8783 said:
Hi there! Wow I missed a lot!! The BM dresses are so pretty! I really like the 3rd one with the bow! Which one did you pick?????

mmm cake! Just an FYI, while you're tasting cake flavors, they will not make slices ... they give you slivers of each type of cake, so you'll get like 4 thin sheets of chocolate cake (we tried almond, chocolate, yellow and marble)then small containers of all the fillings so you can spread the filling on the cake and try it. I assume they will just add slices of cake you requested, ie the Red Velvet, and then a container of the filling (PB Cup). That way you can mix and match!! We are getting 2 layers of almond w/ amaretto (one to cut into and one to take home) then our 3rd layer is almond w/ bailey's. yum!

I went to school in VA so almost all of my friends from school now live in DC. I love visiting them! Hopefully you get to see some Cherry blossoms! Is it too early for them? We got a tree last year at our house but it hasn't bloomed yet (though I'm much more north than DC!) Hope you're having fun with your MOH!
While we didn't actually pick a dress, we did a lot of narrowing down! I'll give the full run down in the next post! :)
I'm so glad you mentioned this about the cake! I had no idea how it worked and would have made a fool of myself when I asked for certain flavors with specific cakes. As it is, I called and just requested the flavors and sounded so much more educated on the subject! THANKS!! :hug: yay for DISBoards!
OMG!! The Cherry Blossoms were SOOOOO GORGEOUS!!!!! :eek: Apparently they were peak bloom this week! I didn't get down town, but they were just as pretty in the suburbs and they smelled great too!

Wshs0127 said:
Ah Kate! I'm so behind in just 3 days!!! I know I'm late now but I like the first dress lol! Glad you made it to your MOH, that's so cool and personal that you're flying to each bridesmaid. Mine are only in one other state so thankfully its driving distance! This Disney wedding saving is tough but all worth it in the end!! I'm so looking forward to your planning session and the details. You're so funny, I'm the same kind of nervous about my PS! I love the way you describe things!! I look forward to catching up with you every time I can manage to login. These boards are addicting!! There is Lots of love from the disbrides!!
You're not too late at all! Your BM dress vote was dually noted! Its also my favorite! ;)
I am so blessed to be able to have the ability to travel to all of my girls. I thought it was a good idea too, but logistically may just not work out for all of them. They are all busy busy women! Thanks so much for saying so though! I totally understand the saving for the Disney wedding. DF and I are paying for our shindig and OMG! Now that we've been eating Ramen Noodles and soup for 18 months, that PS steak and cake are going to taste EVEN BETTER!! It could be made of cardboard and it might not even notice as long as it was frosted covered cardboard! j/k :laughing:
I love that you are following along and are laughing all the way. I love to laugh and it makes me all warm and fuzzy inside knowing other people are laughing too! :hug:
There is a lot of love on DISBoards and that's what makes this places so awesome. Everyone is happy for everyone else and none of that catty-ness!
Side note: I can't find your PJ anymore, and the link in your signature says it can't be found!! :eek: I'm going through withdrawals!

belle2211 said:
Hey! Just wanted to give you a heads up on the grooms cake. Make sure you tell your wedding planner straight up what you want because they might not be able to do it. DH is a huge Broncos fan and a huge Journey fan so I wanted a Broncos football helmet with a Journey Cd next to it. My planner asked and was told the best they could do was a flat sheet cake decorated to look like a football field with Broncos written in the end zone with music notes on them. I know I have seen some amazing cakes here so I was surprised when they couldn't make what I wanted and I chose to have my groom's cake at my off property rehearsal dinner.

So just check to be sure!
Oh.. thanks for the heads up!! I LOVE your grooms cake idea and a flat sheet cake decorated like that defeats the purpose!! That's a great idea about having it at the rehearsal dinner! We're having our rehearsal on property, but not through DFTW. I'll have to ask if they'll let us bring in our own cake! What cake company did you use? I've heard of "that's tasty too", did you use them or someone else?
Thanks so much for the heads up!

yourgypsy said:
Yay! Have fun shopping!
Thanks!! I can't say it was all fun and games, but I have the best MOH ever! She literally tried on 50 dresses and never once complained! BFF's (and sisters) totally rule!
More on the details up next......

Oh no, we can't allow withdrawals!! :scared1: Thanks for letting me know about my link, it's fixed now!! :goodvibes That would be a thanks to my board posting illiteracy! Oops. :cool1: I'm learning how to work these boards rather slowly :rolleyes1 Not much going on with my PJ right now though, next step is the picture posting lesson. I hope to figure that out soon so I can get some pics posted so stay tuned :hug:

Ah! Kathryn! Your response is super helpful! I appreciate you putting the time in to write it. I didn't realize that you had to have all of that stuff done BEFORE the exact 12 month mark. It all makes sense now because our consultant told us we need to set up a phone conference with her for August or September to get ready for booking the date so it must be to discuss everything you talked about. You're the best!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter