Kali closed in Jan 2016

What all is closed besides Soarin? Will that be down all of January?

Closures and refurbs can vary somewhat based on the website you check.

Soarin' is scheduled to be down from the beginning of Jan all the way until "Summer", which most are saying means June.

How long will the Rapids ride be down?

No idea. I haven't seen it listed anywhere official yet, but I can't book it for the 23rd of Jan, and someone else posted they couldn't book it for the 8th of Jan, so it seems to be most of January at least. I haven't seen it listed on any of the refurb/closure websites yet.

What is this about Buzz? No! Bummer. Dates on this?

Buzz is down 1.18-2.11 in the MK, but you can still catch Midway Mania in HS.

Anything else expected to be down?

I've seen reports on other websites for the following:
Splash Mountain is down 1.10-1.14 on one site and 1.10-1.15 on another - not sure which is correct
Liberty Square Riverboat is down 1.18-1.22 on two different websites, and 1.18-2.22 on a third - not sure which is correct
Typhoon Lagoon water park is down from 1.3-3.12

Plus several closures/refurbs at some resorts (pool closings, construction, etc.)

I couldn't make Kali Fastpasses for 1/2 although I never saw that it was down for refurb. It's usual for a lot of trides to be down in January during the "slow season." At least one waterpark is down while the other remains open. Our first Disney trip take in late January Buzz, Splash, and Test Track were all down! We still had a great time and didn't know what we were missing since we hadn't been before. Luckily our trip this time seems to be early enough that we will catch most of everything. I am sad that Kali is down though. We always rode in January. We just put a poncho on. I'm tempted to get park hoppers just so we can ride it in December before it goes down and then hop to another park.

Has anyone seen anything on any site about Kali being down all January? I couldn't book a FP for it on 1/22 and noticed that it wasn't allowing FPs from 1/3 (or 1/4) on. Seems strange that it's not being shown as down anywhere else.

That's a shame, we're thinking of possibly going to AK again that Saturday

I looked again the other day and I was bale to make a fast pass for it. I wasn't before. Maybe it was a glitch. So try again!

As PP mentioned Kali always takes a brief refurb in January. They drain the ride, do maintenance, etc. It is similar to the water parks. It is best to take it out in chilly January then possibly having it down in the crazy hot summer.
Makes best sense to do it the coldest months of the year.

Buzz closed 1/18/2016 - 2/11/2016

Space closed 1/10/2016 - 1/14/2016

Liberty square riverboat 1/18/2016 - 2/22/2016

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad 4/4/2016 - 7/15/2016

Swiss family treehouse 7/6/2016 - 9/24/2016

It's a small world 8/22/2016 - 9/15/2016

I checked several websites but none list Kali as down. I also noticed Kali being down In January as that when I have a trip. Kali is usually down during that time because it's colder weather.

I tried for FP for Kali today and it is refurb for all my dates Jan. 30 to Feb. 4. All my FP's went well otherwise. The only "sellout" seemed to be Flights of Wonder which seemed strange. I presume the FP's for this must be very limited as I have not seen this full capacity in 3 trips.

I know splash closes every jan when they expect the overnight temps to hit freezing and they take the time to do some quick refurb work. I never paid attention if kali does the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter