Kali closed in Jan 2016

dekraut

Mouseketeer
Just booked FP+ for Jan 18-23 trip. Kali is listed as closed for refurb on the Disney site, at least on Jan 23rd. Just a heads up - not on any other boards I've seen.

It was also shown as being down when I tried making FP for 1/8. I hadn't seen any mention of a refurb but figured I'd just missed it. Maybe it wasn't just me this time!

We were thinking it may be a bit cold for it anyway - but we just moved on to something else instead. Not as sad about this one as I was about Soarin'. At least I knew about that one ahead of time!

That's annoying. Will be at AK on 1/22. Oh well, at least it will be easier to get out of AK by 3:30 then.

Just a shame that MK has Buzz closed, Epcot has Soarin closed, AK has Kali closed, HS seemingly has lots closed, and even IoA has the Hulk closed. The Hulk is actually my favorite ride in Orlando.

Just booked FP+ for Jan 18-23 trip. Kali is listed as closed for refurb on the Disney site, at least on Jan 23rd. Just a heads up - not on any other boards I've seen.
Are you arriving on the 18 th? We arrive on the 19 th I thought our FP date was Friday...so was going to stay up until midnight tomorrow night...wondering if I should be staying up late tonight?

We arrive the 18th but when I choose a date nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong? I tried logging out and back in. Nothing...

We arrive on the 18th too & our fastpass date based on the booklet Disney sent is tomorrow (Nov 19). OP do you check in to your hotel Jan 17 maybe? And no park days until 18th?

Ugh! Talked to Cm. We don't have a pkg therefore our tickets aren't linked to our room itself. Apparently, we can ake FP+ for 30 days out because we have tickets but have to wait until tonight for our room ressie right to 60 day out to get FP+ based on having on property resort ressie.

Ugh! Talked to Cm. We don't have a pkg therefore our tickets aren't linked to our room itself. Apparently, we can ake FP+ for 30 days out because we have tickets but have to wait until tonight for our room ressie right to 60 day out to get FP+ based on having on property resort ressie.

Could someone explain this to me? We bought our tix separate from our room reservation. I linked the tix in MDE. I can still book FP at 60 days right? This post confused me. Thanks

This is not right at all. The reason you can't make FP reservations is that your 60 days doesn't come until tomorrow (or tonight at midnight). The OP was checking in on the 17th and therefore was able to make FP reservations today. As long as you have a room reservation and tickets on your MDE account you're good to go for 60 days out. It absolutely does not need to be a package.

Could someone explain this to me? We bought our tix separate from our room reservation. I linked the tix in MDE. I can still book FP at 60 days right? This post confused me. Thanks
Yes, you're fine. Earlier post was very wrong. As long as you have tickets both a reservation and tickets linked to you on your account you can make FP reservations at 60 days before your check in day.

Kali almost always goes down for a rehab in January. It is often pretty chilly that time of year, especially in the morning and after dark. Demand to get drenched is low when it is 40 degrees outside.

As PP mentioned Kali always takes a brief refurb in January. They drain the ride, do maintenance, etc. It is similar to the water parks. It is best to take it out in chilly January then possibly having it down in the crazy hot summer.

That's annoying. Will be at AK on 1/22. Oh well, at least it will be easier to get out of AK by 3:30 then.

Just a shame that MK has Buzz closed, Epcot has Soarin closed, AK has Kali closed, HS seemingly has lots closed, and even IoA has the Hulk closed. The Hulk is actually my favorite ride in Orlando.

The hulk is having a long term closure, it was pretty much torn down and is being rebuilt.

Yes, you're fine. Earlier post was very wrong. As long as you have tickets both a reservation and tickets linked to you on your account you can make FP reservations at 60 days before your check in day.

Thanks! I had a problem with MDE a couple days ago and finally had that fixed. And then that post confused me. As I approach my 60 day window I wanted to make sure I have everything straight.

Thanks! I had a problem with MDE a couple days ago and finally had that fixed. And then that post confused me. As I approach my 60 day window I wanted to make sure I have everything straight.

I am very sorry if I caused you worry. I just included the dates we were going to be in the parks in my original post, not including the day we were checking in.

I am okay with Kali being down - we did it last trip, and we were hesitant about getting on water rides in January depending on what the weather is. We snagged Everest instead - although climbing to the top of Mount Everest in January is going to be really cold! ;)

We will be there Jan 4-Jan 29.

What all is closed besides Soarin? Will that be down all of January?

How long will the Rapids ride be down?

What is this about Buzz? No! Bummer. Dates on this?

Anything else expected to be down?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter