K and D's Wishes 11/29/10 Japan/Attic 2 more days! Updated 11/27/10

Xenabaka777

Earning My Ears
"Some day my prince will come"

So how did we meet?

2003 Danilo and I went to BostonU unaware of the other one. Him from Sao Paulo, Brazil and me MA- GO PATS!!! I went to visit my parents in VA Beach for a weekend and when I returned to BU Danilo's roommate had knocked on my door for some help on a paper. (we were in engineering English ie English is not my strong point) So I went to his room to help. That is when I was introduced to Danilo and it was like love at first sight. From that day on we tried to be just friends since we were both studying engineering (yah we are nerds) but no can do. After a month we were officially dating and have been together ever since. Like 1/4 of my life for all you math geeks out there.

So why Disney?

We choose Disney since it is the most magical place we both have ever been. When I was little I used to go to Disney almost every year. Danilo on the other hand, his first time was my surprise trip for our 2nd year of dating anniversary. He had no idea. I secretly packed up his clothes and things with the help of his roommate and mine and was off to class with the suitcase. We both had mechanics together. He was under the impression that I was going to visit my parents in VA Beach so when I asked him to take me to the airport he was not surprised. When we arrived at the airport I checked us both in (he was still in the dark). I then handed him the ticket, "I hope you have your id" I said. I thought he was going to pass out. So we spent 4 days in Disney and he was completely hooked. I actually think that he is more of a Disney fanatic more than I am. So when it came time to choose a place for the wedding there was no choice. Disney was perfect. Since most of his family does not live in the US, his parents are now living in Taiwan and his sister in Japan, Disney was a perfect way to have not only a wedding but also a vacation. His parents don't speak English but do speak Portuguese, Chinese, and Japanese and Disney can accommodate them. It will also take the pressure off my wild family because there will be something for everyone to do.

Coming up: Cast of Characters, Wedding logistics, and other details

Save the Date

Here is my save the date cards that I just made today. I am going to do Christmas colors since we are getting married in the Christmas season. All the supplies only cost me $20.00.

100_2196.jpg

Going wedding dress shopping with mom! Well just going to see what style I like and then mom, who is a dressmaker, will make me exactly what I want. So glad cause it will save me alot of money.

Here are some pictures of the dresses I liked. Please let me know which ones you like
Dress1.jpg

I will have kelly green trim

Dress2.jpg

I love the strap pattern

Dress3.jpg

This just made me look so thin

I am throwing back and forth the idea of just going for the wishes. I am going to have 18 guests and with the extras I want it is coming to about 11, 300 with the estimate costs based on prices I have found on the internet. Is it worth the extra $$ to go to a wishes wedding?

Base Tax Service Total
Ceremony 4750 0 0 4750
Reception 1500 97.5 300 1897.5
Desert Party 440 28.6 88 556.6
Venue Rental 375 24.38 75 474.38
Hostess 90 0 0 90
Characters 1200 0 0 1200
Photo 1695 0 0
Makeup/hair 300 0 0 300
Transport 264 69.96

So after talking to DFTW sales I am going to upgrade to the wishes wedding. YAY!!! We will now be able to do a few more personalized things to accommodate everyone in the wedding. So here are the details of what we hope to get:

Rehearsal Dinner: Ohana’s
Special Event: Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
Ceremony: Japan Pavilion in EPCOT
Reception: The Attic at Disney's Boardwalk- Brunch w/beverages
DP: Morocco in EPCOT
Stay for us and guests: Caribbean Resort or All Star Music
Guests: 20-25: DF Family and mine plus 6 close friends
Photo: Disney (since we will be in the park), and one of my friends takes amazing photos and she is coming to the wedding plus an MK session
Video: My Best Friend is amazing so she is going to take the video.
Characters: Mickey and Minnie at the Reception
Gifts: That will be a surprise but already have them planned. J

Still need to decide??
Dress
Centerpieces
Floral
Food
Desserts
Cake
Hair/Make-up
Invitations
Officiant : I need one that speaks either Chinese or Brazilian Portuguese. Can some one help since Disney does not know one on the list?

More Updates to come. I am so excited!

So I have yet to write the engagement story... so here goes:
Well my DF said to me while I was over visiting some friends if I could take him to this park that we had been to a year ago. It is Point which is in the back bay wildlife refuge. He explained to me that he wanted to go for a walk since it is so pretty there. I was reluctant because it was kind of cloudy but I took him anyways. So we arrived at the park which is beautiful and walked to a bench at the end of the pier. We sat on the bench where we talked for a while about things that were going on in work and such. He then proceeded to ask me how my chinese lessons were going. He started drilling me like how do you say this and that. He then asked something that I had no idea what the meaning was. He then dropped down on one knee and asked me if I would marry him. I was so excited!!! And Then the Sun came out! It was so amazing!!! I love him so much!

So I talked to DFTW and they told me that my date would be wide open for 2010 since it is the Monday after thanksgiving. All I will have to do is call Nov 29th this year and start the process. I finished the save the dates back in october and was just waiting to send them out. I just sent out the save the dates and they have already arrived in Taiwan! Can't believe that it was so fast. I decided to send them all out now since Disney is such an investment and it will give my friends some time to save. My whole family and his want to stay for the whole week which will be wonderful! Honeymoon will have to be postponed but it will be a great time with all my girlfriends since I think DF is going to ditch me for his family for the rest of the week. It is going to be a blast

Just got my date for next year! It is official Nov 29th!:cool1::cool1:
Ceremony: Japan Pavilion
Reception: The Attic

Can't Wait!

:welcome: to the dis and congrats! I have to admit, I freaked out when I saw your title...I saw the 29th, and Japan and I was like wait a second. Then I remembered I'm October. It's so nice to have another Japan bride!! Everything sounds great so far and yay for upgrading to a Wishes wedding!!

I like the last dress I think.

Wow congrats on your engagement and getting your wedding date/location. Everything sounds wonderful so far. I think upgrading to the Wishes wedding was a good move. Your engagement story is so cute, I'm sure you were surprised! Keep us updated! :thumbsup2

Well the deposit is in and there is no turning back now. I can't believe that it is now less then a year away. I am waiting for the WC to call me and we are going to Disney World in Feb (taking my 8 year old twin cousins, their first time to Disney) so I am hoping to do the tasting and the planning session. DF wants no part of the planning (guys) :) YAY more for me to do! I will try to keep you all updated. Happy New Year!!!

Congartualtions on offically putting a deposit down! I love the idea of a Christmas time wedding. I have never been down during Christmas time, but will be there December 2010 for our planning session. I always joke to DF that would could be bettet than xmas in Disney, my two favorite things! I'm looking forward to hearing more about your plans!

Well, I am digging out from that storm that hit the Virginia NC border. Virginia gets an F for snow removal (coming from a Bostonian). My Planning session with DFTW is in 3 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot wait to see my sites and to plan everything! Of course I can not have a BEO yet but when I talked to my planner she said it was alright we can still plan everything. I am getting so excited! D and I are on a biggest loser competition (between each other) so we hope to be fit and trim for the Nov wedding day. I will post pictures when I get back!:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

So I just got back from my planning session!!!!! Meri is amazing!

Here are the details:

Part 1: Getting to FL

Well we took a wicked early flight wed morning to make it to our planning session. We were on the plane and in a holding pattern for like an hour and then the pilot came on and said we were out of fuel having to make an emergency landing. Needless to say I was panicked since I was going to miss the planning session. This is were the amazing Disney part comes in. I called Meri and she was extremely accommodating moving the session to the next morning. We waited to re-board our flight which took 5 hours and then we were back on our way to FL. Only 12 hours late. Then we get to the AKL and they upgraded for free us to a Savannah room with an amazing view! Disney Magic :) We spent the relaxing night at AK (never have been there at night) and then had dinner at Ohana's (our favorite and the rehearsal dinner site). Pictures to come- Just need to upload them.

Coming soon Part 2:planning session

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter