Juuuuust 40 inches..with shoes on

Frantasmic said:
Sounds like on MK day, she should be gellin' (i.e., have those gel inserts in her shoes for that fresh feet all day feelin' one-inch givin' special brand of pixie dust!)

I think the measurement is with shoes.
I know this is off topic, but do they make those gel inserts for kids? With all the walking we'll be doing and all the worrying I've done about whther they'll be comfortable or not, it would be great to get some.

Analogy:
Your DS/DD is 20 years 11 months and 22 days old. You let him/her drink a beer with dinner. He/she then goes to a friend's house and gets pulled over for speeding. While writing the ticket, the police officer smells the beer and finds out you allowed your child to drink under the age of 21. You can then be arrested for contributing to underage drinking.

Will it happen? Probably not, but do you want to take that chance?

Here is the deal:

Disney will generally not make a kid take shoes off - although there have been stories about people who have their little girls in those ridiculous platform things...

The measurement system they use is not exact. One ride she'll get by, the next will be no luck.

The CM has the final say. And CMs differ as well.

CMs can and have lost jobs over height restrictions. Do them a favor and don't argue.

Prepare your daughter for she "might" be big enough for some of the rides. Or just avoid them - our last trip my daughter was "just" tall enough....and then got a concussion the day before we left. So no "big rides" for her that trip. You know what, she didn't even notice them - we kept her WAY to busy to notice them.

mattsdragon said:
Am I the only one that sees a problem with fudging safety restrictions? These rides are restricted because a person who is too short may not fit properly in the restraints and may go flying out of a ride with a lot of motion. This is the sort of thing that ends up with a child getting injured and Disney having to explain that their rides are safe.

If your kid is too short, do you really want to get her shoes that will make her tall enough to get on the rides? I mean, are you then going to take accountability if your daughter is injured? I think that if there are some CM's who will let a child get on if they are questionable is pretty irresponsible. It's the CM's who say "sorry, you're too short" are the ones we should be applauding. The one that suggested going and getting "bigger sneakers" should be fired for taking a lax attitude.

Right there with you...........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter