• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just the 3 of us… almost. Nov '09 TR ~ Update 7/10

Yes an update! I love hearing from you!

So, Dylan made his way off the air mattress. Glad to know my little guy is not the only one who rolls around! :laughing: Me and you were in the same boat- I kept waking him up and putting him back on the bed when he was stayed the night at my house over Christmas break.

Aw..poor guy. I know feeling the poop in your diaper is not fun. :guilty:

Loved the pics of him and daddy in line. How do you entertain Dylan in lines?! We are most nervous about this part for our July trip!

Yay, I log on to the Dis and find an update! I have to say that Todd and Dylan take such cute pics together! You could make a multi photo frame montage for father's day! Dylan is looking like such the little boy now. Doesn't time just fly?

I've never been to DL, but your pics of DCA look gorgeous! It looks like your lunch wasn't too crowded at all and I love the story of how the two boys broke out into the "happy dance." Too cute.

I love all of the dad/son pictures that I get with them. I wish that I got more of the mom/son pictures but it just doesn't happen very often. Tonight we went to the store & he was walking along with us, chatting away, & Todd said, "He is like this little person now. He's not a baby anymore."

DCA definitely has its beautiful sections. It is under a lot of construction right now so I can't wait to see the final product. The area by this restaurant is supposed to be like the Napa Valley & they have done a really good job with it. The "happy dance" is something that Dylan picked up on from Todd. ;)

Great update. I wonder why they don't put in FP at TSM? Seems silly not to have them. Your lunch looked good, despite being small and pricey. I've never been to DCA, so this is all very interesting to see. Looking forward to more!

The only thing that I can think about the non-FP on TSM is that there is not an easy way to incorporate that line, but it seems weird to do it at one park & not the other. I am enjoying writing about the West Coast parks, since most of my Dis friends have only been to WDW. It's fun to share with all of you. :goodvibes

Yes an update! I love hearing from you!

So, Dylan made his way off the air mattress. Glad to know my little guy is not the only one who rolls around! :laughing: Me and you were in the same boat- I kept waking him up and putting him back on the bed when he was stayed the night at my house over Christmas break.

Aw..poor guy. I know feeling the poop in your diaper is not fun. :guilty:

Loved the pics of him and daddy in line. How do you entertain Dylan in lines?! We are most nervous about this part for our July trip!

Oh, yes. Dylan rolls off his bed all the time. That's why we have not permanently switched him to a big boy bed at home yet. That was a theme during this trip for me. Waking up multiple times at night to find where he had rolled to and then put him back in his bed.

What I like to do before trips is go to the Dollar Store & buy a bunch of cheap little toys. I don't show them to him before the trip. I keep his bag with me in line & I will bring out random toys when he needs a distraction. Usually he will be fascinated long enough to buy us some time. I also keep plenty of snacks & a juice cup available. We are very lucky because he is a good kid, but he gets bored in line sometimes & he needs to be distracted. New toys work with him, & if he loses them or breaks them it is not a big deal because they were only $1.00.

I'm really enjoying your TR, thanks for sharing popcorn::

Thank you so much for reading! :goodvibes

Oh Alison! I was worried for a minute when you started the story of Dylan and the diaper...I thought you were going to say he had gotten your stomach bug - whew! :scared:

No FP for TSM?? :confused:

Another cute update!

I agree about WCT. Decent food, but ours was really REALLY rushed. Drinks are supposed to come before food :confused3 It was nice to have a glass of wine though! We didn't get dessert, but I guess we should have.

I'm here :) I think I forgot you had the Thanksgiving trip in there, I was just thinking about the last week!

Oops!

Off to catch up.

Thanks for the tips! :)

No problem. I hope it is an easy situation for you!

Love the update! Dylan is such a cutie!!:littleangel:

Thanks so much!

Oh Alison! I was worried for a minute when you started the story of Dylan and the diaper...I thought you were going to say he had gotten your stomach bug - whew! :scared:

No FP for TSM?? :confused:

Oh, thank goodness that he did not get the flu. That would have been a nightmare in a hotel room.

As far as no FP for TSM... :confused3 I don't know, but it sure is annoying!

Another cute update!

I agree about WCT. Decent food, but ours was really REALLY rushed. Drinks are supposed to come before food :confused3 It was nice to have a glass of wine though! We didn't get dessert, but I guess we should have.

We aren't usually dessert people, but on vacation we get it more often. I could not believe how good this ice cream was. Normally we would get something "better" thank ice cream but I'm glad we didn't this time.

I'm here :) I think I forgot you had the Thanksgiving trip in there, I was just thinking about the last week!

Oops!

Off to catch up.

Thanks for coming over to read! I want to do a TR of the most recent one too, but I am worried that I will get them mixed up. I am going to try to finish this one first & then do the next one.

Oh man, that diaper story sounds like something that would happen w/ our gang! I don't know how many times I've gotten the kids all ready, and we are on our way out the door when baby has a blow-out. I do feel grateful that it happens prior to us leaving on one hand, but geez what timing!

Oh man, that diaper story sounds like something that would happen w/ our gang! I don't know how many times I've gotten the kids all ready, and we are on our way out the door when baby has a blow-out. I do feel grateful that it happens prior to us leaving on one hand, but geez what timing!

I agree. I would much rather change a poopy diaper at the hotel than at the park. But why couldn't it have been a 1/2 hour earlier? He has never taken off his diaper like that. I was so shocked. I think once he got dirty, he realized what he had done and then he wouldn't stop crying. Poor little guy!

After our wonderful lunch and a short visit to the preview center, we headed over to A Bug’s Land to let Dylan go on some really little kid rides. We have never spent any time in this area (other than seeing It’s Tough To be a Bug movie) because Dylan has never been old enough to appreciate the rides. Every day on this trip, he talked about trains (he calls them “choo-choos”) and I knew that there was one in this area.

I have to say that this is one of the better themed areas in the park. There is a lot of attention to detail that give you something to appreciate while walking around. Cute ideas to appear as though trash has been used to create buildings. Little cocoons used as hanging lights. Unfortunately I did not think to take a lot of pictures of the theming.

Our first stop was Flik’s Flyers. Similar to Dumbo in that it is a ride that just goes around & around, but the cars you ride in are made of boxes from Chinese food or animal cookies. We all were able to ride in one car & there are seatbelts in the cars. There was no line and we walked right on.

ry%3D480

Before the ride started.

ry%3D480

Dylan was excited to ride it until we were half way through the ride & he realized that we were pretty high up in the air. He got a little scared & scooted closer to Todd but he did great. When it was over he had a big smile on his face so I guess that sums it up.

Next we rode Heimlick’s Chew Chew Train. Let me just say this is for REALLY little kids, which means it was perfect for Dylan. He LOVED it. What is not to love about riding in a brightly colored caterpillar that loves to eat & burp his way through the ride?

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

After we got off the train, Todd went to ride on Soarin’. This is the one drawback to going on a trip with just the 3 of us….Todd & I don’t get to ride any of the big rides together. But it was a small sacrifice to pay to have our own little family vacation. He rode the Single Rider Line & was back in a very short time.

Dylan & I stayed in the Bug’s Land and I asked what he wanted to do. He wanted to ride the choo-choo again, so that is what we did. Again, there was no line either time we rode it. After we got off, we wandered around to see the other rides. The bumper cars are next to the train, but I wasn’t sure if he was ready for bumper cars. There were some benches next to it, so we sat and watched the people on the ride. Whenever he saw a car crash into another car he would say “Uh oh!” Ha, ha. When the ride ended, he didn’t say anything, he just got off the bench & headed for the line to get on the ride. I thought that was so cute! :love:

We waited one time and then we were on. We got in the car & he wanted to drive but I told him that I needed to. I kept driving around the outside of the area & no one hit us. Right as it was ending, I drove really slowly into someone else and he started cracking up. Then it was time to get off the ride and he did NOT want to. He cried a little bit but finally got out when I told him we were going to go on a different ride.

The last ride was a Ladybug ride that is kind of like the teacups. You sit in a lady bug car that is a big circle & you can spin yourself or not. We got our own car & I figured we would just ride around and not spin. Well, that didn’t work out because the car spins you even if you don’t spin yourself. A lot. It got going pretty good by the end of it and there was nothing I could do to stop it. Dylan got scared because it was jerking us around but it ended quickly & he looked happy when we got off. I’m glad Todd was not with us because he would have gotten sick. He does not do well with the Teacups!!

Todd called to find out where we were & we met up with him. It was my turn to ride Soarin’ & Todd kept Dylan with him. I walked right in using the SRL and I waited less that 10 minutes until I was on the ride. I was on the bottom row, but right in the middle. I’m not complaining since I only waited 10 minutes! I love this ride. Everything about it is perfect…the song, the smell, the images. It makes you fall in love with California, even if you already live here. The orange trees are my favorite smell, but I love the ocean smell too.

When I got outside they were waiting for me at the exit. Todd had just finished taking Dylan’s picture with the Cars characters. What a cute little photo op area! Dylan has really started to like the Cars movie so he liked seeing Mater & Lightning McQueen.

Waiting his turn to get his picture taken.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

After that was done, a CM came out of the toy store and gave some kids these bubble guns to play with. Dylan joined right in with the other kids to play with the bubbles. He was so happy. It was a fun & unexpected moment for him.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Diving on the ground after the bubbles

ry%3D480

After everyone cleared out Dylan was standing there by himself & we realized that this little girl was running circles around him. At first it was really funny because he wasn’t interacting with her at all. She was just running around him while he stood still.

ry%3D480

After a while she kept going & going and he started to look confused. Finally he looked at me like, “what is she doing?”

ry%3D480

It was hilarious to watch him try to figure it out. He finally just walked back over to us and she looked disappointed that she had to stop running. The whole thing was pretty funny.

It was past Dylan’s nap time so we left the park & walked back to the hotel. On our way out we snapped this picture of the California sign at the front of the park. I like the candy cane decorations for Christmas. Very cute!

ry%3D480

We got back to the room & Dylan went right to sleep. Todd was watching football. I kept alternating between watching the game and falling asleep. We both finally fell asleep and didn’t wake up until 6:00, which was when Dylan woke up. He slept for 3 ½ hours! I’m so glad he did because I think that nap really helped since I was still not feeling 100%.

Up next….our first full evening in a park.

Aw..he looks like he's having so much fun with you guys on the rides. So cute!!

Uh oh, I'm scared about my little guy not wanting to get off rides. I have a feeling I might have to carry him off kicking and screaming. :laughing:

:lmao: Love the pic of him on his tummy on the ground getting the bubbles.

After we got off the train, Todd went to ride on Soarin’. This is the one drawback to going on a trip with just the 3 of us….Todd & I don’t get to ride any of the big rides together. But it was a small sacrifice to pay to have our own little family vacation. He rode the Single Rider Line & was back in a very short time.

ry%3D480

I totally agree! We have the same thing with Disney World, since we live in Florida, it's easy for people to join us on our trips, which is always great, but it's also nice to have some "alone" time every once in a while. Ramon and I do the same thing when we go on trips just the four of us and there's something we really want to ride and the girls are either too small or just refuse to ride, we use SRL - little to no wait...always a good thing. :thumbsup2

He has the cutest little face!!

Aw..he looks like he's having so much fun with you guys on the rides. So cute!!

Uh oh, I'm scared about my little guy not wanting to get off rides. I have a feeling I might have to carry him off kicking and screaming. :laughing:

:lmao: Love the pic of him on his tummy on the ground getting the bubbles.

We haven't had a problem w/ him trying to stay on a ride before. This was a first. Now that I think about it, we probably have been very lucky that he hasn't protested before. I should remember that promising to go on another ride worked.

We have video of the bubble incident and it is hilarious. He dove on the ground to get a bubble & then kept crawling around until he went into the full sprawl. I always say that he is such a boy. No fear and loves to be getting dirty on the ground. Ha ha.

I totally agree! We have the same thing with Disney World, since we live in Florida, it's easy for people to join us on our trips, which is always great, but it's also nice to have some "alone" time every once in a while. Ramon and I do the same thing when we go on trips just the four of us and there's something we really want to ride and the girls are either too small or just refuse to ride, we use SRL - little to no wait...always a good thing. :thumbsup2

He has the cutest little face!!

I think the SRL is a great thing. Every once in a while you stuck in a bad one but I appreciate that they have one available for the people who are like us (one parent has to stay with the kids). The baby swap thing is good too but I don't like how they put you in the FP line. They used to let you walk up the exit to the ride, but now it is changed.

Cool theming in that Bug area of the park. Glad Dylan got to enjoy a train ride (or two)! I don't think I'd like the ride where it spins you on its own. That's neat that Soarin' has SRL! Cute with Dylan "uh oh"-ing the bumper cars! :laughing: Looks like he had a good time with those bubbles. Neat to see a "new" part of the park!

Hey there,

I finally de-lurked, so I'm subscribing. I love the photo of Dylan with the confused look as the girl runs circles around him. Hilarious!!

Just thought you'd like to know, I just posted a pic of my little guy on Kristen and I's PTR!

Cool theming in that Bug area of the park. Glad Dylan got to enjoy a train ride (or two)! I don't think I'd like the ride where it spins you on its own. That's neat that Soarin' has SRL! Cute with Dylan "uh oh"-ing the bumper cars! :laughing: Looks like he had a good time with those bubbles. Neat to see a "new" part of the park!

Yeah, riding that car that spun on its own wasn't a pleasant surprise. I'm lucky that spinning doesn't bother me, but I know a lot of people who could have the rest of their day ruined over something like that.

The bug area is so cute. I wish I had taken better pictures of the theming.

Hey there,

I finally de-lurked, so I'm subscribing. I love the photo of Dylan with the confused look as the girl runs circles around him. Hilarious!!

Hi there! Ha, ha. You finally gave in to the power of the Dis. :laughing:

I love that picture too because I remember the moment that I took it. I was thinking, "His face is showing exactly what he is feeling right now."

Just thought you'd like to know, I just posted a pic of my little guy on Kristen and I's PTR!

Thanks for letting me know. I'm heading over there to look at it right now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter