Just the 3 of us… almost. Nov '09 TR ~ Update 7/10

hey girl.. your plans sound sooo nice. It's been a rough couple of weeks here in my household... i hope everyone is doing well there.

I'm actually really excited to read your TR for this trip, it's an area i'd love to visit one day. popcorn::

We still have not decided what tickets we are going to purchase. The debate is between getting a 2 day park hopper, or going for the AP. There is a big difference in price, but we know that we are going to be in the Southern California area a couple of more times within the next year. We are trying to figure out if we will have the time to visit the parks for a few days during those trips. Since that is so far away, it is making us talk in circles about what kind of tickets we should get for this trip.

Why is that important? If we get an AP during this trip, then we will probably try to visit the parks every day, even if it is just for a couple of hours in the evening to go on a few rides or have a meal. This will loosen up the schedule on the days that we commit to go to the parks for the full day. There is a lot that we want to do (some things for us adults and some for Dylan), but if we only go for 2 days we will have to pick the things that are the highest priority.

At Disneyland, we already have our list of favorites.

For Todd and I, it’s the usual suspects : All of the Mountains (Space, Big Thunder, Matterhorn, Splash – depending on how cold it is), and Indiana Jones. Since we are still planning to go by ourselves, we will have to ride these as Single Riders (or do the baby swap thing) because the other person will stay with Dylan. During our last trip to WDW, we didn’t do any thrill rides until the last few days of the trip. We had been so focused on doing things for Dylan that we forgot to do some of our favorites. We don’t want to make that mistake again, so we are just going to have to do Single Rider.

For all 3 of us : We have taken Dylan on most of these before so we know that he will be able to handle it this time too.

Buzz Lightyear
Finding Nemo Submarine ride – if there is not a super long line.
Haunted Mansion – this is still up for debate, due to the “scariness level”. Since it will be done up with the holiday overlay, it is a little less dark so I think it will be ok.
Jungle Cruise
Pirates of the Caribbean
Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride – again, may be a little too scary at the end of the ride…we’ll see.
Roger Rabbit’s Cartoon Spin
Peter Pan

Just for Dylan : These are things that we know he will love, so we are trying to go on them specifically for him. I’m including some pictures of our trip last November from when he had just turned 1 year old. He really liked the Fantasyland area.

Alice in Wonderland
Casey Jr. Circus Train – he is VERY into trains right now, so this is a MUST.
Winnie the Pooh
Dumbo

ry%3D480

The Carrousel

ry%3D480

It’s a Small World – I’m most excited about this for him. Last year he was in awe of this, and he was so little that I’m sure that he was totally overwhelmed by the colors, sounds, etc. This year, he will get it more and that will be fun.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

One last update, some of our family that we will be spending Thanksgiving with is thinking about going to Disneyland on Tuesday. If they decide to go, I’m sure that we will be spending the day with them. They are DL veterans so it should be pretty low key if we end up getting together. We’ll see!

I've never been to DL, but I'm here for the ride. I just couldn't resist posting that Dylan is so freakin' adorable! Those are great pictures!

Sounds great! Being an east coast gal, I would love to
visit the west coast. Calif looks wonderful!

Your time is so close. I bet that all of you have a wonderful time no matter what you decide to do. I like the plans you have made tho. I know if I lived close enough to go more than once a year I would have the AP. It just gives me excuses to keep going back. Can't let that pass go to waste.

Have a grand time.

Ginny

How funny!

Us West Coaster's always say we wish we could go to the East Coast lol ..

I do love the West Coast tho, it's truly Gods country (less cement) than the big cities lol

We are going spring break .. so over 4 months we wait .... *sigh*

Your plans look good!!! :thumbsup2

Hi Becky! Thanks again for stopping by.

hey girl.. your plans sound sooo nice. It's been a rough couple of weeks here in my household... i hope everyone is doing well there.

I'm actually really excited to read your TR for this trip, it's an area i'd love to visit one day. popcorn::

Hey there! I'm sorry to hear that life has been tough. Hopefully the holidays will give you some downtime. (??) We love visiting the LA area and it will be fun to do a TR about it, since we have been there so many times.

I've never been to DL, but I'm here for the ride. I just couldn't resist posting that Dylan is so freakin' adorable! Those are great pictures!

Aww, thanks so much. I'm hoping to get some good holiday pictures of him on this trip. Possible Christmas card shots....we'll see how cooperative he is being.

Sounds great! Being an east coast gal, I would love to
visit the west coast. Calif looks wonderful!

California is definitely worth visiting. The great thing about it is that it is so big, you get a wide range of things to choose from. I love living in Nor Cal, but I am always so excited to go south. We used to live there too, so it always makes me a little homesick. :)

Your time is so close. I bet that all of you have a wonderful time no matter what you decide to do. I like the plans you have made tho. I know if I lived close enough to go more than once a year I would have the AP. It just gives me excuses to keep going back. Can't let that pass go to waste.

Have a grand time.

Ginny

I think we are going to go for the AP. You are exactly right. If we buy it, it will force us to take at least one more trip there. Since we are already planning to be in the area, it makes sense to go to DL as well. We leave tomorrow, so we will be doing some things spur of the moment (which is part of the reason why I wanted a trip w/ just us 3.). :goodvibes

How funny!

Us West Coaster's always say we wish we could go to the East Coast lol ..

I do love the West Coast tho, it's truly Gods country (less cement) than the big cities lol

We are going spring break .. so over 4 months we wait .... *sigh*

I agree. The East coast has so much history, and that is why I like to go there. But I love living on the West coast. We feel blessed to live here.

Hang in there, your trip will be here before you know it. This one snuck up on me because we have been so busy. Hope you are having fun planning it!

So tomorrow is the big day! We are working on packing everything up tonight, but it is slow going. Because....I stayed home sick with the flu today! :sick: Yep, my wonderful luck! I am just really glad it was today and not tomorrow when we are supposed to be in the car for most of the day. Hopefully a good night's sleep will do me some good. Luckily no one else is sick.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

Have a fun, safe trip Alison. Be sure to get lots of pix of that cutie pie for me to lurk at. We are headed to Nashville next week. Saves me from cooking. Will be anxious to hear all upon your return.

Ginny

Have fun! I hope you get to feelin' better. What luck. :rolleyes:

Have a good Thanksgiving! :hug:

Talk to you when you get back!

So tomorrow is the big day! We are working on packing everything up tonight, but it is slow going. Because....I stayed home sick with the flu today! :sick: Yep, my wonderful luck! I am just really glad it was today and not tomorrow when we are supposed to be in the car for most of the day. Hopefully a good night's sleep will do me some good. Luckily no one else is sick.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

Oh no, Alison!! I hope you feel better soon! :goodvibes

I hope you started to feel better and had a wonderful time! Can't wait to hear about it. Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving!

One small problem….we have had 2 separate groups of people already ask to go with us. We have tried very hard to say no the nicest way possible (& normally we would be thrilled to have these people go with us), but we are sticking with the plan so far. I’m not sure it will last, but as of right now it is still just the 3 of us.

being one of those people who wanted to go with you, I have to say how dare you tell us no, and want to go on a vacation for once by yourselves!;)

Of course we understood!!!!:rotfl:

Hi everyone! So sorry that I have completely slacked on this TR. It became too overwhelming to try to wrap up my first TR to WDW and start on this one as well. I am going to start this up very soon & I will probably just tack the TR onto this PTR to make it easier. Hopefully I will have some readers!

Genee - you are so funny!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter