Just Sayin

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just got back from our wonderful trip and we stayed at the POR!!! Our room was perfect and the Acadian section was soooooooo quiet. Loved it!! Not once did I have to complain about noisey neighbors or ANYTHING.. All our dining reservations went off without a hitch and most of the time we got into them early. Food was great!! :banana: My only complaint about ANYTHING on our trip was the ECVs!!!! Im disgusted on how many people use them and they ARE NOT handicapped. I also DO NOT think that it is fair that I can be waiting in a line to go back to my hotel for 25 minutes and one of these ECV people can just go right to the front!!! This is not ok for me OR the 20 people in line in front of me. We are ALL tired and would like to get a seat and unfortunately every time an ECV gets on there the bus loses 4 seats. Okay, thats alright if you are truly handicapped but most are not,, its called eating too much or lazy. Maybe the transportation system needs to be tweeked so that a special bus designed just for the ECVs can make a loop around the resorts. Yes, this would take some time BUT this would deter some people from taking advantage. Sorry JUST SAYIN:confused3

Mandy....what are you talking about?? You use an EVC everytime we go which has been about 20 times...:eek:.I have never seen you jump the line or cut someone waiting for the bus....stop causing trouble, we didn't have any problems this time. We just got back from the greatest trip ever!! :)

mandymelons...

I'm sad that you are not free to express your opinion that a few guests are taking advantage of Disney's excellent accomodations for those with special needs.

I have also witnessed the few who appear to be taking advantage, and I would be lying if said that I was not annoyed at the time.

You aren't a bad person for expressing what most people are thinking. BTW, it doesn't mean we are right, just being real.

Now I will put on my flame suit... ;)

the truth is.............some do misuse the EVC's..........the truth is........ most dont............the truth is.......... some people are overweight and cant walk long distances..........the truth is............some people like to start trouble.........the truth is..........some people like to start trouble with people who start trouble.............the truth is............playing catch in a glass building only works till someone misses.....sooooooo....OP? hope you are a good catcher::yes::

I have to agree with your post Mandy. There are people who need them and those who misuse them. This is a fact and has been brought up on other threads in the past few days. Disney needs to consider the increased use of ECV's and make adjustments to the transportation.

Just reported the original post, hopefully the moderators will be around soon.

This has been debated and argued ad nauseum on these boards. Most of us know it never ends well. To the OP, while you are fully intitled to your opinion, you will not will this fight on these boards.

Just reported the original post, hopefully the moderators will be around soon.

This has been debated and argued ad nauseum on these boards. Most of us know it never ends well. To the OP, while you are fully intitled to your opinion, you will not will this fight on these boards.
why did you feel a need to report the OP...........i can see it for bad language or extreme sarcasm and mean behaviorl, there was none of this......are you a member of the board police?

Why do you feel the need to question me? I'm fully within my rights as a member of this board to report the post. I find her post to be rude, judgement, and inappropriate. I've seen you post on the site before, I'm sure you're well aware that threads on this subject get very heated very quickly and typically end up locked. I also think while most of us acknowledge that there are people who abuse, or at least try to abuse the programs in place to handicap or disabled guests, I doubt even a doctor could glace at someone in an ECV and immediately be able to say whether or not the user was actually in need of it, I'm sure your average Disney guest cannot either.

We just got back from our wonderful trip and we stayed at the POR!!! Our room was perfect and the Acadian section was soooooooo quiet. Loved it!! Not once did I have to complain about noisey neighbors or ANYTHING.. All our dining reservations went off without a hitch and most of the time we got into them early. Food was great!! :banana: My only complaint about ANYTHING on our trip was the ECVs!!!! Im disgusted on how many people use them and they ARE NOT handicapped. I also DO NOT think that it is fair that I can be waiting in a line to go back to my hotel for 25 minutes and one of these ECV people can just go right to the front!!! This is not ok for me OR the 20 people in line in front of me. We are ALL tired and would like to get a seat and unfortunately every time an ECV gets on there the bus loses 4 seats. Okay, thats alright if you are truly handicapped but most are not,, its called eating too much or lazy. Maybe the transportation system needs to be tweeked so that a special bus designed just for the ECVs can make a loop around the resorts. Yes, this would take some time BUT this would deter some people from taking advantage. Sorry JUST SAYIN:confused3

I would give just about anything to still be able to walk, hand in hand, with my DH around World Showcase in the evening. I cannot, a freak accident took that away from us.

We have always rented cars for WDW trips.....now we rent them to avoid the intolerant.

Without my little rented scooter, we would have lost our trips to WDW and DL.

Who are YOU to judge who is deserving?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter