Just returned from 1st DCL!!!!

Just curious as to why you thought RCCL was less organized than Disney.
I have sailed on both and I have to say that I enjoyed RCCL just as much. I think they both have positives and negatives. I'd just like to hear what you thought was sooo much better?:confused3

Yes I agree I did like both, don't get me wrong. 1. as far as embarking and disembarking DCL is so far ahead of RCCL. I remember having to wait in several check point lines for RCCL and only had to wait in one for our DCL. 2. I liked that we actually got to hand the servers their tips. 3. I have two children and I don't think they would have been as happy on RCCL. 4. RCCL and DCL are about equal on food, although I did like going to three different restaurants. 5. Love Love Love the fact that they have their own dock at the private island. Much easy than RCCL.

My husband and I have decided that if we go on another cruise alone, we will choose RCCL, but with the kids definitely DCL.:hippie:

My daughter was on this cruise with you. Just got off Sunday, driving home now as we speak. She commented also that someone was airlifted off Cataway Cay. Said they would not comment why.

She had a great time. I'll hear all the details soon.

One of those adults you saw falling was my SIL. Geesh, she fell like 3 times the whole trip, but once was on Castaway Cay. I swear I think she was trying to get hurt to get a free cruise or something!! She was fine but had a nasty bruise. I thought the decking in some areas was slicker than others. I just walked very carefully and had my girls wearing their crocs.

BTW, I'm going to try my hand at a trip report, too. I'd like to pass on somethings that I felt were helpful and somethings I learned the hard way.

I'm so sad it's over but the memories will be forever cherished!

Waiting patiently for those trip reports. O.K., no I'm not, :rotfl: I'm not the patient type. :lmao:Get busy! We leave for our vacation in less than 2 wks. and I want to hear everything. Spill it!.....:surfweb:

thanks for the tip about the hot decking and shoes. Our first cruise is in July and those kind of practical tidbits are very valuable to me. :thumbsup2

Trip report finished. Titles 3 day "Wonder"ful cruise. The only thing is I don't know how to add pictures.

akjtmax said:
Trip report finished. Titles 3 day "Wonder"ful cruise. The only thing is I don't know how to add pictures.

Piece of cake:

1) Create an account on www.photobucket.com (which is what most people here use).

2) Upload photos to your new album.

3) Copy the "IMG Code" link and paste it here.

The code should look like this:
[IMG*]http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb105/sunturtle02/IMG_2590x.jpg[/IMG*]
-> I added the *'s to prevent the photo from displaying twice.

IMG_2590x.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter