Just Relaxin’ on the Wonder – Nowhere, Nothing, Nada. - Complete! and Final Thoughts

Great updates! You and Fran's outfits are fabulous!! Love love love the characters in their Halloween gear, so cool!!! Donald was a hoot and a half!!! :laughing:

I'm so glad we were able to meet up, thank you for taking the time :) and I'm so glad you finally met mom. I hope you had a fabulous rest of your trip and safe travels home :)

I think I saw you two at Hollywood Studios Saturday passing by me. I was hoping to see you again to say hi but never did. I've been reading a bunch of your trip reports since we're planning our 1st cruise on the Wonder in February :)

Ohhhh.... anime doppelgangers. Scary stuff.

Luckily we didn't see them in any character lines.

:lmao:
I hear you!

Yeah, and you have three of them to do it to you!

Higher praise could not be bestowed!

:rotfl2:

Nice.

I thought I preferred that photo, but...

This one is drop dead gorgeous.

Thank you! :goodvibes

You and me both. On both counts.

I have one, it just doesn't fit my lens.

I probably would've been the same way.
I haven't seen Monsters Uni.

Sure. Makes total sense.

Completely understandable.

Sure. Eating healthy. Yup.

::yes::

Holy crap!! :faint:

And a sausage.

I think the sausage came with the waffles, the bacon was a side order.

She looks like she's just about to crash into the wall here.

Just parking. :laughing:

Better odds for you then.

It was!

Yum! I'll take one, too!

It's my new Bingo drink!

Hey! Good for you!

Not too shabby.

Oh, that's easy. Just look around for a Disney souvenir.

:rolleyes1

Obviously you have not seen the photos of our house.....the whole thing is a Disney souvenir.

Just out of curiosity, what would you say the ratio of costumed to non-costumed guest was?

I'd say about a third of the folks or less had actual costumes. About as many had Halloween related clothing (ie T-shirts with a Halloween type motif). There were still a lot of people who weren't dressed out of the ordinary at all.

Eep! Nope!
What were they waiting for?

There was some sort of a Halloween story that was being told, the story of the pumpkin tree or something like that.

Love that pic.
"You see this? It's mine. So hands off."

Kinda looks that way huh?

I like that. Clever.

Very classy!

And not just one!
They do look good, though.

She certainly likes her strawberry soups!

Then good enough for me.

It is pretty good, we usually have one on a week long cruise.

Oh, man. I think I'll forgo the burger and have that.
Looks soooo good.

It really was, which is why I ended up eating too much! :rotfl:

Oh, poor Fran. She must've been devastated.

:rotfl2:

And did you succeed?

... Apparently not.

:sad2:

OMG! Look at Fran! :rotfl:

I know, isn't she cute?

While I suppose being Cruella would've been more fitting,
I personally love your costume!

Thank you! And it was much more comfortable than wearing a wig!

And late at night, a group of passengers was seen surrounding them.
They were never heard from again...

:lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Harry's a dad now????

Well in the Epilogue of the last book, he and Ginny are at Platform 9 1/2 with....well, I wouldn't want to give any spoilers.

:lmao: That's hillarious!
And I would'nt worry about being a character hog if it's the character that's doing the hogging.

OK, I don't feel as bad since everyone seems to think it was Donald's fault.

I think I'm missing something here?

Either all the guys think it's OK, or it's too obscure to see. I was trying not to be obvious at the time I was taking the picture, but the 2nd gal back with a real sour look on her face was wearing an outfit where here undergarments hung out the back and the top was cut rather low. You can only see how short the thing is just barely in the picture, but lets just say she looked something that rhymes with the name of one of the three stooges and I don't mean Larry, Curly or even Shemp. On a Disney ship, the outfit looked rather out of place.

Not a clue.
But I will say that I'm really impressed at some of the costumes the guests have.

They were pretty well done.

Very nice shots of the sunset. That is great that you were able to win bingo during the event. I had a hunch that you would have done the mixology during your cruise.

You and Fran had nice costumes that night.

Thank you very much. I like taking pictures of the sunrise/sunset on the ships. Mixology is one of our favorite classes on the ships. We have fun dressing up!

Awesome photo op!

Thanks!

Great costume!

Glad you like it!

That's so cool! I'm glad you got to see your new friends again! :faint: :sad2:

:rolleyes1

I didn't realize that was a part of the show. That really looks like a fun place to eat and watch it transform.

On the Wonder and Magic it transforms from a Black and White Canvas to a vibrant and colorful dining room. Even the waiters have reversible vests that they change before the ending "show". The Dream and Wonder are totally different.

Great costume!

Um, Harry... this is a Disney ship.

Maybe he is looking to make a deal....

An hyper, angry duck and sugar. What could possibly go wrong?

Yeah? :confused3 What could possibly go wrong? :rolleyes1

:rotfl2: Sounds like it was a fun interaction. Nothing to worry about. It isn't your fault that Donald was acting like a 3 year old with a candy addiction!

That pretty much sums it up!

::yes:: There were really some great ones there.

Yes there were.

??? Ok, got me. Now I'm curious what I'm missing.

This is what I told Pkondz who also didn't get it.
Either all the guys think it's OK, or it's too obscure to see. I was trying not to be obvious at the time I was taking the picture, but the 2nd gal back with a real sour look on her face was wearing an outfit where here undergarments hung out the back and the top was cut rather low. You can only see how short the thing is just barely in the picture, but lets just say she looked something that rhymes with the name of one of the three stooges and I don't mean Larry, Curly or even Shemp. On a Disney ship, the outfit looked rather out of place.

Bret Michaels? Axl Rose? Insert the name of any other 80's hair band rocker here...

OK, this is the best guess I've had so far, I'll go with it.

Such a fun evening, and super awesome character interaction! You were lucky to get a little sideshow!

All the costumes are so great. I think some people must've spent a bit of cash on them, not to mention time in getting gussied up!

It was a really fun evening! It was the latest that we stayed up all week pretty much! yeah, not only cash, but some of these people obviously made the costumes themselves.

Absolutely! Too good of an opportunity to pass up.

:thumbsup2

Wow, I'm impressed! Nicely detailed costume.

Thanks! It was actually easier to pull off than you might think!

:rotfl2::rotfl2: I love it!

In hindsight, it was pretty hilarious.

Nah, this is the character just messing around. It's great when they do this!

I'm glad everyone thinks this way!

So as I said, perhaps the guys are OK with this. Here was what I said to pkondz:

I'm pretty sure that's @pkondz .

Don't blow my cover, dude.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Obviously you have not seen the photos of our house.....the whole thing is a Disney souvenir.

:laughing: While I may not have seen pics, that's pretty much how I imagined it.

I'd say about a third of the folks or less had actual costumes.

Oh? From your shots, it looked like everyone was in costume.

There was some sort of a Halloween story that was being told, the story of the pumpkin tree or something like that.

Ah.

I know, isn't she cute?

Well in the Epilogue of the last book, he and Ginny are at Platform 9 1/2 with....well, I wouldn't want to give any spoilers.

Oh, that's right! I think I remember that. Been a while since I read it.

Okay, gotcha. Can't really see any of that from the picture.

Hmmm... considering the season, I suppose you could say when Santa sees her he says "Ho, Ho, Ho."

Great updates! You and Fran's outfits are fabulous!! Love love love the characters in their Halloween gear, so cool!!! Donald was a hoot and a half!!! :laughing:

Thanks! The characters are so fun in their Halloween outfits!

I'm so glad we were able to meet up, thank you for taking the time :) and I'm so glad you finally met mom. I hope you had a fabulous rest of your trip and safe travels home :)

I was so glad you meet your mom too! She is just the bundle of energy that she seems like in your TRs!

I think I saw you two at Hollywood Studios Saturday passing by me. I was hoping to see you again to say hi but never did. I've been reading a bunch of your trip reports since we're planning our 1st cruise on the Wonder in February :)

It's amazing how many people we run into when we're in the parks. I guess we're pretty obvious! :laughing:

:laughing: While I may not have seen pics, that's pretty much how I imagined it.

You. have. no. idea.

Oh? From your shots, it looked like everyone was in costume.

I only took pictures of the people who were in costume. There were plenty more who weren't. Our table mates at dinner did not dress up.

Oh, that's right! I think I remember that. Been a while since I read it.

Me too, but I do remember that part for it's sequel potential.

Okay, gotcha. Can't really see any of that from the picture.

Hmmm... considering the season, I suppose you could say when Santa sees her he says "Ho, Ho, Ho."

Perfect.

Day 6

Restless nights seem to be the theme on this ship. This night I woke up to find Princess and the Frog on the TV. It wasn’t too long before I drifted back to sleep, and then when I woke up, we were in the harbor at Cabo. What I didn’t realize is that Cabo is actually on the Eastern side of Baja California. As a result the sun was rising over the water on the horizon.

We were in the harbor at Cabo when I realized that the sun had not yet risen, and we were on the correct side of the ship for pictures.

Evidently lots of other people wanted to see the sunrise because these boats were racing out to sea in droves.

Still no sign of the sun yet, but I was afraid that this ship might mess up my view.

These tender boats were just waiting to start taking passengers to the mainland.

The boats continued to gather.

And the NCL ship moved in closer.

All ready and waiting.

Then the sun started to rise on the horizon.

For you photographers out there, I’m guessing that this is where the Neutral Density filter that I want to get would come in handy.

I love the way that morning sun plays on the local scenery, this picture doesn’t really show it, but it is still really pretty with the rising sun.

I don’t have any notes on what I did after the sunrise photos, so I have to assume that I played around on my tablet checking the DIS and FB and making notes on the cruise. I’m sure Fran slept in for a little while, but then again as I check the Navigator, I’m not sure that she slept in, and I’ll explain when I get there in the next post.

We decided that today we didn’t want such a large sit down breakfast. We decided that Parrot Cay would be the perfect spot to have just a little bit of breakfast. While the buffet is somewhat extensive….

It was Pirate day and people started early, even Fran got in on the fun.

At home my breakfast is often a bowl of corn flakes, V8 and coffee. I was sort of looking for the same taste of home, but with all the options, I couldn’t resist grabbing some extra fruit and a donut as well.

Fran’s plate

She wanted some oatmeal with too much brown sugar.

I got a little sausage and cheese to top off my breakfast.

Since we didn’t plan on taking the Tender boats to Cabo, we decided to go up to the adult pool and just relax, do some reading, web surfing and play solitaire on my tablet. Much to my surprise, Stitch was out in his pirate outfit and he had no line, so we jumped on it!

We headed into the adult pool area and it was completely deserted.

I wanted a picture in my Dalek Dress

Soon Fran succumbed to her natural desires.

I continued to play solitaire on my tablet, occasionally checking the DIS and FB.

Our spot was not temperate enough for Fran, I can’t remember if she wanted to move into the sun because she was cold, or move out from under the glass as it was getting to hot. Either way we moved to the uncovered loungers and she resumed her activities.

I went to the Cove Café and got something I saw on @dizneet’s TR, a shot of espresso mixed with vanilla ice cream. It was a very hot day, and for me it really hit the spot.

After this we decided to head back to the room for a spell for a change of nap scenery. This was the third time that I resumed watching National Treasure and I never did get to see through to the end!

You took some very nice sunset pictures at the harbor. You could have used the ND filter for the sunset shot but the pictures turned out well without it.

I bet it was quiet on deck where you looked all relaxed.

You took some very nice sunset pictures at the harbor. You could have used the ND filter for the sunset shot but the pictures turned out well without it.

I bet it was quiet on deck where you looked all relaxed.

Thanks Bret, I really need to get that ND filter! Especially before my next cruise in March. It was great on the adult pool deck, so relaxing, we had it all to ourselves for almost an hour before people started showing up and even then it was still quiet. Hence the name "Quiet pool."

So earlier I alluded to why I didn't think that Fran slept in, but I forgot to elaborate on that. I also forgot to post the Navigators, so I'm going to do that right now. But the reason that I know we didn't sleep in, is that we had breakfast and went up on Deck 9. Stitch was out there starting at 9:15 and we were able to get pictures with him. If we had finished our breakfast by 9:15, that means we were at breakfast somewhere in the 8AM hour. Anytime we are up and going before 9AM, well for us anyways, that's a WIN!

While I'm at it, I'll just post the next update as well!

Continuing with Day 6

About 1:00PM we decided to head out for lunch at Triton’s again.

We have eaten from this menu before and I have some favorites. We split the Captain’s Cobb Salad Entrée as our appetizer.

And we also split the Steak Frites

Then we had a goal. At home it’s very rare that we actually go to the movie theater, but I had seen trailers for a movie that really interested me. It came out on October 16, the start day of our 2 day cruise and today was the day that it fit best into our schedule. So at 2PM we went to see Bridge of Spies. It was a great movie and an enjoyable way to spend the afternoon on the cruise.

After the movie, I got a Drink of the Day, Sunken Treasure, one of my favorites!

We went back to the room to get changed. Even though we weren’t participating in Pirate night tonight (we were having dinner at Palo instead), we wanted to get pictures with Captain Jack. The line was huge and normally we wouldn’t wait so long, but we really wanted a picture with him and had not had the chance in the past. While we were waiting this guy was dressed as a parrot. Another guy wanted a picture with a parrot on his shoulder so this madness ensued.

Then it was my turn.

The first thing Captain Jack did was grab my necklace pendant. I smacked his hand and said, "you can’t have that!"

He did the same thing to Fran when she came up. Hers was not nearly as sparkly.

After our pictures, we went up to Palo for our Dinner, but I'll save that for the next update!

Beautiful pictures of the harbor and sunrise :)

Captain Jack is a riot! Well done for smacking his hand away!!!

I have not heard of Bridge of Spies, I'll have to look that up.

The parrot on the shoulder picture is quite funny :laughing:

Love the empty Quiet Cove pictures :cloud9:

This night I woke up to find Princess and the Frog on the TV.

Never seen it. I presume a terrarium is involved.

We were in the harbor at Cabo when I realized that the sun had not yet risen, and we were on the correct side of the ship for pictures.

Yay! More sunrise pics!

Still no sign of the sun yet, but I was afraid that this ship might mess up my view.

Uh, oh.

And the NCL ship moved in closer.

Get out of the way!!

For you photographers out there, I’m guessing that this is where the Neutral Density filter that I want to get would come in handy.

::yes:: Failing that I'll shoot two shots with one for the sun and one for the sea and combine in post-processing.

I love the way that morning sun plays on the local scenery, this picture doesn’t really show it, but it is still really pretty with the rising sun.

::yes:: I can totally see it.

While the buffet is somewhat extensive….

Holy crap! No kidding!

It was Pirate day and people started early, even Fran got in on the fun.

:goodvibes

She wanted some oatmeal with too much brown sugar.

That's how I eat it!
I'll even skim the top and when all the sugar's gone, add more.

I got a little sausage and cheese to top off my breakfast.

:laughing: You weren't kidding! "a little". One of each!

Cute dress!

We headed into the adult pool area and it was completely deserted.

Whoa. I didn't think that was possible.

Soon Fran succumbed to her natural desires.

:laughing:

What a great view to sit and relax.

So earlier I alluded to why I didn't think that Fran slept in, but I forgot to elaborate on that. I also forgot to post the Navigators, so I'm going to do that right now. But the reason that I know we didn't sleep in, is that we had breakfast and went up on Deck 9. Stitch was out there starting at 9:15 and we were able to get pictures with him. If we had finished our breakfast by 9:15, that means we were at breakfast somewhere in the 8AM hour. Anytime we are up and going before 9AM, well for us anyways, that's a WIN!

Ah. That explains it.

While I'm at it, I'll just post the next update as well!

:sad2: You post just a wee bit faster than I do.

So at 2PM we went to see Bridge of Spies. It was a great movie and an enjoyable way to spend the afternoon on the cruise.

My folks saw that and really liked it too.

After the movie, I got a Drink of the Day, Sunken Treasure, one of my favorites!

mmm... that looks good.

While we were waiting this guy was dressed as a parrot. Another guy wanted a picture with a parrot on his shoulder so this madness ensued.

:lmao:

The first thing Captain Jack did was grab my necklace pendant. I smacked his hand and said, "you can’t have that!"

:laughing: I love the expression on his face, too!

And here too!

Love your red dress and the pink one too! You and Fran both have a nice wardrobe! Love the food as usual! And Capt. Jack looked like a lot of fun!

Beautiful pictures of the harbor and sunrise :)

Thank you!

Captain Jack is a riot! Well done for smacking his hand away!!!

He was very funny and stayed in character very well.

I have not heard of Bridge of Spies, I'll have to look that up.

It starred Tom Hanks whow player the roleft very well. The staging was quite real and slightly disturbing, but it was a great retelling of an event that happened before my time.

The parrot on the shoulder picture is quite funny :laughing:

It was one of those moments in the line which kept us amused while we waited.

Love the empty Quiet Cove pictures :cloud9:

I love that it can be like that on the Wonder.

Never seen it. I presume a terrarium is involved.

:laughing: No, more like a swampy bayou, lots of jazz, vodoo, and a trumpet playing aligator.

Yay! More sunrise pics!

Uh, oh.

Get out of the way!!

At least it kept going.

::yes:: Failing that I'll shoot two shots with one for the sun and one for the sea and combine in post-processing.

Wow, that's way above my skill set! I'm lucky to be able to remove unwanted elements from a picture. Never combined two shots to make one.

::yes:: I can totally see it.

Cool.

Holy crap! No kidding!

Why do think I gained 10 lbs on this cruise?

That's how I eat it!
I'll even skim the top and when all the sugar's gone, add more.

Well allrighty then! I would go into a sugar coma.

:laughing: You weren't kidding! "a little". One of each!

Well... :rolleyes1

Cute dress!

Thanks, that's the Dalek dress orangecats2 and I talked about on your thread. Although I have no idea if that's what hers looked like.

Whoa. I didn't think that was possible.

On the Wonder there are tons of quiet spaces, at least in the areas for the adults.

What a great view to sit and relax.

That was one of the most relaxing days of the cruise. Of course we were only there for an hour or so because even with the tablet for entertainment, I still get bored easily.

:sad2: You post just a wee bit faster than I do.

Well, here's the thing. I just got back from a 10 night trip with a cruise and WDW. While in line and on the buses, I practically wrote the TR in Notepad on my phone. Yesterday I actually finished this TR except for my "final thoughts". I'm trying not to post too quickly, but I've already finished the opening and 1st post of the new TR. I've got 93 days until we leave on our next vacation. Even though it's not a Disney trip, I've had a request for a TR from several folks, so I need to keep plugging along!

My folks saw that and really liked it too.

I really enjoyed it and though I wasn't there it appeared to be historically accurate in the scenery and background depiction. Spielberg really did a thorough job.

mmm... that looks good.

That's my favorite DotD.

:laughing: I love the expression on his face, too!

I know. He was really funny.

And here too!

Classic Jack!

Love your red dress and the pink one too! You and Fran both have a nice wardrobe! Love the food as usual! And Capt. Jack looked like a lot of fun!

Thanks! Well I might bring the better clothes on trips when I know that I'm going to have my picture taken. On a daily basis at home I don't actually get to wear my nice clothes. Doesn't make for good laundry and house cleaning apparel! :laughing:

:laughing: No, more like a swampy bayou, lots of jazz, vodoo, and a trumpet playing aligator.

I was this close!

Why do think I gained 10 lbs on this cruise?

:laughing: I'm surprised you got away with only 10!

Thanks, that's the Dalek dress orangecats2 and I talked about on your thread. Although I have no idea if that's what hers looked like.

Oh, that's right!

Of course we were only there for an hour or so because even with the tablet for entertainment, I still get bored easily.

Ha. Sounds like me.
"Aaaahhh... this is the life. Good book. Comfy chair. Nice scenery. Nice weather... So. Whadya wanna do now?"

I'm trying not to post too quickly, but I've already finished the opening and 1st post of the new TR.

:faint:

Spielberg really did a thorough job.

He does that, doesn't he?
Just (re-) watched Schindler's List the other day.

Not an easy film to watch.

Looks like a nice relaxing day on the ship. Not a thing at all wrong with that!

I loved the parrot on the shoulder with Jack Sparrow. :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter