Just Relaxin’ on the Wonder – Nowhere, Nothing, Nada. - Complete! and Final Thoughts

love the pictures, that red dress looks great on you.

You can never go wrong with a Mickey Bar

Just a little behind...... I am all caught up now.

1. It is great to see Fran walking. I know the the leg has been super painful.
2. We are doing the WBPC cruise in May. I am happy that we will be leaving and not boarding there in SD. Looks really painful.
3. I hate that the DVC meeting moved to embarkation day! It is already jam packed. I refuse to attend. I loved the first ones I went to and now they are just not as fun.
4. I am a little woozy from your mixology glass. I love having fun at those, but I am a real light weight. I would have gone to bed for the rest of that day. :cool1:
5. Good thing I have already eaten. Your pictures are killing me!
6. What a great room! I am one of the wierdos who love sleeping Aft. The vibration puts me out faster than anything!
7. I have never done a B2B. Good to know it is easy if you get the same room.
8. That red dress looks amazing!!

As always, thanks for sharing!

Another member of the Triton's fan club--it is also my favorite DCL MDR. In addition to the French menu, I love the décor, especially the mural. The Little Mermaid is my favorite and I've been fortunate both Wonder cruises to site right by it--able to admire it all through dinner. Also like hearing your gold status stories--my first cruise as a gold castaway member will be the west coat repositioning from San Diego to Vancouver in May. Already anticipating some rice krispie treats!

Lovely character pics and I liked your Cali style for formal night. Is the Gold/Platinum reception worth going to? We haven't been to one either.

The first one was Chicken Cacciatore and I wanted some, but it was full of olives. Blech!

Can't blame you there. Why ruin a perfectly good dish by throwing olives in it?

Fran wanted some of the creamy artichoke soup, but she said it wasn’t very good.

I think I see the problem.:crazy2::rotfl2:

See those two girls in front of Fran? OMG we always ended up in character lines with them and they were so obnoxious. Now I understand liking pictures with the characters, but for every character we saw with them, they had a miniature plush of the character that they would hand to the character, and get pictures of the character “playing with themselves”. Then the girl would have the photographer take pictures of her with the character. Then she would take parting shots of the character. Then the next girl would do the same thing!

:faint: How you were able to keep from going into full thermonuclear meltdown? You must have the patience of a saint.

I had to have one, it was a Blue Margarita!

Just like the Star Wars drink!

He said to me in a Jamaican accent, “Ah, now I remember you ladies, you give out the candy! You were on this ship before! I was lookin at you trying to remember where I knew you.” I explained that we had been on the ship a year earlier out of Miami. For the rest of the cruise, he was the nicest bartender and I tried to get all my DotD’s from the family pool from him for the rest of the cruise. A few times, he added an extra splash or two of the main booze ingredient!

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

And you say “Alison, why are you showing us a second set of your soufflé pictures?”

Alison, why are you showing us a second set of your souffle pictures?

Just kidding. I can't blame you for getting two, those are really good. And nice photos throughout.

DSCN6729.jpg

Great pic with Stitch!

Now I understand liking pictures with the characters, but for every character we saw with them, they had a miniature plush of the character that they would hand to the character, and get pictures of the character “playing with themselves”.

:rotfl2::rotfl: Sorry, I know it wasn't funny when you were standing in line, but reading it like this is hilarious! I'd expect this from children so this is a little strange. And the fact that they packed every character to bring to pictures is crazy to me!

He said to me in a Jamaican accent, “Ah, now I remember you ladies, you give out the candy! You were on this ship before! I was lookin at you trying to remember where I knew you.” I explained that we had been on the ship a year earlier out of Miami. For the rest of the cruise, he was the nicest bartender and I tried to get all my DotD’s from the family pool from him for the rest of the cruise. A few times, he added an extra splash or two of the main booze ingredient!

Yes! The candy paid off! I don't remember if you said or not, but what kind of candy were you handing out? Like the halloween treat sized candy or more specialty candy like Ghiradelhi?

The ears are fabulous!

(again, stick with the drinks on the menu and they arrive much more quickly!)

Oh I bet you're right!

nd that’s the main thing I don’t like about brie cheese is the rind.

Same. ::yes::

What the heck is up with Fran and either no desserts or Mickey bars?! :confused3 Oh well, at least she got something for dessert this night.

I knew i'd see this again. ::yes::

Mmmmmm...I think Triton's was my favorite dinner (besides Palo) on the cruise. I had the lamb AND the duck, and both were wonderful. That Grand Marinier Souffle looks great also!

Just catching up! So many great photos. I love the sealions. Your breakfast looks yummy!

Oh my re your cat Milo. Sorry for your worry. I love the photos of you both and the lovely port shots. Thank you. I am liking your cruise very much. I loved when you said the smell of the port replaced by bacon and waffles, our kind of morning!

The previous night our waiters had inquired for us what “style” the buffet was going to be and the theme was Italian for lunch.

I like this buffet.

After we noshed on our food for a little bit I went back and got some minestrone for me. Notice the Mickey head pasta.

That Mickey head pasta is cute and the soup looks delicious.

I also wanted to try the Risotto, but they gave me way too much.

This does look really good though.

Love the photo.

We got back in line since Donald was up next. There was a delay in Donald coming out and the line just kept getting longer and longer. A lot of these people ended up giving up.

That line looks impressive. I think the only times I have seen lines that long is for the Princess Gatherings and some of the special character meet and greets on some of the longer cruises.

See those two girls in front of Fran? OMG we always ended up in character lines with them and they were so obnoxious. Now I understand liking pictures with the characters, but for every character we saw with them, they had a miniature plush of the character that they would hand to the character, and get pictures of the character “playing with themselves”. Then the girl would have the photographer take pictures of her with the character. Then she would take parting shots of the character. Then the next girl would do the same thing! It got very tiresome to see them do this day after day, and we really hated waiting in line behind them. Most people were short and sweet, in and out, but UGH not them.

Unfortunately I have met people like this in a number of cruises. The longer cruises tend to attract them like magnets.

We met Donald.

I am glad that you did get to meet them.

And This. I had to have one, it was a Blue Margarita!

Oh, I like this one. Unfortunately it rarely seems to make an appearance.

Today was the day for the Castaway Club Gold and Platinum reception. I had never been to one before as we only turned Gold the day before and I was looking forward to the free drinks, and Mickey Rice Krispie Treat.

I was invited to this on my second cruise, which was before they introduced the tiered system and then when I came back after this, I was no longer able to go until we turned gold.

While I had a glass of Champagne

I think there is an old friend of ours in that photo. This looks like Pierre, the Food and Beverage Manager.

And stitch came by to say “hi”

That is a nice touch. Whenever I have been to those receptions, Captain Mickey visited.

On our way back to the room, we stopped to see Minnie in her Formal wear.

I like the new signature on the formal photos.

Minnie finally came out and we got our shots.

All three of you look amazing.

Fran got the Breaded and Deep Fried Brie. She really enjoyed it. I was afraid that it would be fried with the rind on, and that’s the main thing I don’t like about brie cheese is the rind.

I love this dish and I am not keen on rind either.

Corinna

Firstly, I just noticed your ticker says 3 days, YAY!!! :cool1:

Those girls in the character line would have made me avoid them like the plague. I could not have stood behind them and witnessed that.

What is all this hating on olives? I know you don't like them but there's several others on here too...

Fun that the sealions were still there :)

Those are wonderful FE gifts. You did a great job on them. I wish there could be something like that for Disney resorts but I know the logistics of it would be a nightmare!

That Nightmare Before Christmas event sounds like a lot of fun. Then again, I'm all for a rousing sing-along, even when it's not Disney.

Those are wonderful pictures of you and Fran. Definitely frame-worthy.

Candy makes everyone happy! I'm glad the bartender gave you some pixie dust because of it.

Omg, ALISON! Where have I been?!? I have been so busy and forgot to catch up on your TR. so much to say:
That's so brave of you to do 2 FE groups. I can barely handle one!

We aren't interested in getting off the ship in Ensenada either (except we just went to that shopping building at the port...next time we will stay on the ship!).

Your pic of the soft serve...it was also Ensenada day that DS and I discovered the mango and blueberry flavor. Yummy! It was already gone by, I think, the next day!

Those girls in line would have annoyed me to death!!!

You looked fabulous on dress up night in that red dress!!! We missed Minnie in her formal wear...so beautiful. I especially loved that you had Minnie ears I the pic!

Your BBB kids tray...LOVE it!!! Somehow, one or two of them followed us home! :rolleyes::rolleyes1:confused3

Lastly, have an awesome cruise!!!!!!!! :cool1::cheer2::banana::dancer::jumping1::woohoo:party:

I ate before I came in here to catch up! But that didn't help one bit! I'm hungry again and I want a Mickey Bar, a soft serve, souffle and that chateaubriand!!!

Love the red dress on you. You look fantastic!

What a shame about those two girls always being in front of you at character meets. Once or twice is okay but not every single time! :headache:

Safe travels!!! I hope to see you in Florida :) Text me when you get off the ship. I'm sorry we didn't figure out something before this.

Just checking in to say "Hey!"

We made it to Orlando and we've been just hanging around the airport for the last 3-4 hours. We had dinner, checked out a couple stores, got a Cinnabon and went back to the room for bed. 4:30AM came really early this morning and I'm not even sure when I went to bed last night, but I texted Naked Jim at 12:37AM that I had given up on putting away the cat food cans that I had brought in the house from the cat food room. So I'm guessing I had less than 4 hours sleep, but that will be one for the next trip report!

Tomorrow we're off to board the Dream so have fun without me and I'll catch you when I'm back on land. I should have responses caught up and I've got a couple days of updates already written so I may post those on our first night back on land. We'll be hanging out in the room, making dinner and doing laundry that night. For now I think I'll watch TV and drift off to sleep. We should be on East Coast time when we wake up tomorrow morning.

TTFN!

Both of them!
I thought the second one was a little weak though.
Ed Harris is trying to kill you... then he's not. Well he is. Then he's a stand up guy.
Um...

I forget the second one mostly. I just remember Helen Mirin being such a delight in that film and liking the silly parts.

Your dinner at Triton's looks awesome! Totally the right room to be in for Formal Night & awesome menus. The French onion soup looks great!

That's what's great for me and the Wonder. We know her inside out. I'm a little apprehensive and a little excited about the Dream all at once.

You guys look so happy with the characters and really seem to be enjoying yourselves! That is totally how vacation should be.

It was a lot of fun, once we got going.

OMG. You didn't just do that! :laughing:

You caught that? :rotfl:

You know... I'm not sure if I've ever actually had a Caprese salad.
It seems like I should have. And I know what it is... but... :confused3

And after involved discussion we had regarding vegetables on your thread, tomatoes weren't mentioned. You can't go wrong especially when you add cheese! :teeth:

I think the stovetop Mac looks more appetizing to me.

It was.

Agreed!!!
Olives are a great way to spoil an otherwise perfect dish.
Any dish.

::yes:: And a martini too.

I see what you did with the butter, there.

Sometimes I put it in my pocket to warm it up.

Cure!

The little boy being held sure looks like he's had enough.

I'm pretty sure they were among the folks who bailed on the line.

I wonder if they're on the DIS?
That level of commitment just makes me wonder.

I'm not sure they spoke much English. I have a feeling they were part of the Anime crowd.

Slippery floors! You were ready for slippery floors, right?

There's an instance that photoshop would have paid off. I need to look at things more closely.

:goodvibes And how big a smile did you guys have when he said that?

I smiled Eben bigger when he put that extra bit of tequila floater on top!

Ah. I would freak out if I got back late and the ship was gone.

Uh, yah.

You guys are popular with the avian crowd.

:rotfl2:

That thing looks like it shouldn't be able to stay upright!

I'm amazed at how many ships like that stay upright and afloat.

Two of my favourite things.
"Free" and Rice Krispie Treat.

Too bad I never got to enjoy said rice Krispie treat. Someone had it for a midnight snack. :rolleyes1

I like those.
One of the few that I do.

I've never had one. I should have tried a sip.

I was going to ask if you had to dress up to the nines.
But are there people who don't dress up at all? ie. shorts and sandals? Or do you have to dress up at least a little?

They can't make you do anything. It's mostly peer pressure. A lot who don't want to dress up skip the MDR and go to the buffet, room service or QS on deck 9. You see anything from shorts and flip flops to ball gowns and tuxes. On this next cruise we are dressing somewhat down for dress up night, ,but dressing up for Remy on Pirate Night.

Good timing

I thought so!

Thanks for the tip!

I'll remember that tonight!

Mmmmmm... And it looks good, too.

It is. You bet I'm having it one night this week!

Mmmmm... love rack of lamb too...

Probably this one too!

And it looks more soufflé too!

Always get two!

I guess so!

You can't do much else!

probably shouldn't be looking at this thread before eating breakfast. I almost took a bite out of my computer. pluto:

Usually not a good idea with my threads. We're not big into adventure so most of it is through food.

The girls ahead of you in the character line would have driven me nuts. I do try to remind myself that not everyone has lived as close to Disney as I have and that they probably haven't grown up seeing characters, but some things I just can't tolerate. I think I would have gone to the back of the line just to get away from them.

It's only on the ships that I will wait for a character. We had chosen to get the photos so we resolved to wait. I hope that they aren't on this ship!

Overall, the trip sounds excellent. I might be able to wrangle my husband into doing a Mexican cruise if I tell him how much fun he can have by staying the ship. He's afraid of Mexico. I told him about just getting off to buy medications, though! That can be beneficial if we can figure out the spanish names for everything.

The people in t he pharmacies are used to Americans coming in. They were able to help us with names and a lot are very similar to the American name.

Sounds good! Italian food always works for me but if it is a chance to see a few more characters, why not?

They we unrelated but the characters were close by the buffet.

OMG! That looks exactly like the trays we used to use in high school. Suddenly, it makes me worry about that buffet...

I picked the kids tray on purpose. I don't like my food touching. I love those separated trays.

What? You wait for Captain Hook and get Stitch? Rip off. :sad2:

They clearly post the times a character is going to be out. If we wanted to be sure and the Captain we should have finished lunch quicker.

Thank you for remembering this is a family board and not posting any of these pictures.

The characters knew it was a family ship and didn't do anything inappropriate!

Yeah... ice cream always wins.

::yes:: because ice cream.

Awesome! Always nice when a good deed pays off!

We have more for this cruise and we don't even have plans to be back. It's just fun to see their faces light up when you hand them a handful of chocolate.

Congratulations on your gold status. You've definitely earned a free drink from them.

Thabks! Can't wait to get another!

He's showing up everywhere!

I know huh? And this isn't the last you see of him.

That's alright. We've all seen one.

Yeah and I didn't get to eat it anyways. :sad2:

Dinner looks delicious. But I'd be tempted to skip the food and say just bring me one of each dessert. :rotfl2: I'm glad your second dessert was hot and fresh!

They will let you do that too, you just might need to wait until they're ready. Have a Mickey Bar as your entree! :thumbsup2

I just remember Helen Mirin being such a delight in that film and liking the silly parts.

Yeah, she was good.
Then again, she usually is.

And after involved discussion we had regarding vegetables on your thread, tomatoes weren't mentioned. You can't go wrong especially when you add cheese! :teeth:

It really looks good. I must have had it! Somewhere.

::yes:: And a martini too.

:laughing:

Sometimes I put it in my pocket to warm it up.

:lmao: I've done that!

I'm not sure they spoke much English. I have a feeling they were part of the Anime crowd.

Ah. Were there a lot of Anime people there?

There's an instance that photoshop would have paid off. I need to look at things more closely.

:laughing:

I smiled Eben bigger when he put that extra bit of tequila floater on top!

I bet!

Too bad I never got to enjoy said rice Krispie treat. Someone had it for a midnight snack. :rolleyes1

She sounds like my DW... or my DDs for that matter.

"Okay! I've got a dozen cookies made and cooling. Off to work, bye!"

9 hours later.

"Hi! I'm home!.... Who ate all the cookies!?!?"

They can't make you do anything. It's mostly peer pressure. A lot who don't want to dress up skip the MDR and go to the buffet, room service or QS on deck 9. You see anything from shorts and flip flops to ball gowns and tuxes. On this next cruise we are dressing somewhat down for dress up night, ,but dressing up for Remy on Pirate Night.

Got it.

Always get two!

:laughing: Okay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter