• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just Pretend the Raindrops are Snowflakes!~A 12/11 TR! *Trip Wrap Up! Pg 21, 2/23!*

Okay, I'm gonna need to join in on your October TR now! I was under the impression that it was almost done for some reason, haha I have no clue why.

You got some amazing pictures of the lights, goodness! Honestly, it seems like whenever I tried to get pictures, the lights were dancing so I would get a bunch of darkness haha.

THE PURPLE CAT! Yeah! When Disney bought the Christmas lights from the Osbornes, they accidentally took the cat from their Halloween display, too! So now every year they put it in a different place. HOW FUNNY that he just saw it!

Ahhhh YAY for the Yoda!!! Hahah I love him.

Brandon seriously got a free turkey leg for saying GOBBLE GOBBLE? That's the coolest thing ever. Why are some CMs so awesome?!?!

I've never seen the Osborne lights (yet...) but there's a light display near by my house where you can set your radio to a station they broadcast and the lights dance in time. My favorite is the Trans Siberian Orchestra too!

Love the Muppets! :)

I saw someone on the boards here post a lot of great pictures after a rain storm. It seems to make the pictures more alive or something. Also, I think at night you can better photograph window displays! I tried and kept getting reflections!

Love the Osborne Lights! It really is amazing. I agree about the Trans Siberian Orchestra songs...I had to buy one of the songs on itunes because it reminded me of the lights. :rolleyes1

Tower of Terror with no wait is always nice. :thumbsup2

haha, the Yoda vinylmation is cute and that's awesome about Brandon getting the free turkey leg.

LOVE LOVE :lovestruc those Osborne lights. I can't wait to go back this year and see them again!

I've never heard about the cat. Now I'll have to look for it at our next trip!

Free turkey leg = AWESOME! Man I love those things but I usually get them from the MK cart. I think I've had them at HS once but many more times at MK. I'm looking forward to having one for lunch in just another month!!! :thumbsup2

I am so sad, we were there for the marathon the last few days of the lights display, but since I had to get up so early we didnt stay to see it :headache:

They are so beautiful and I love the music that they play there too!! The purple cat...ive seen that on a Christmas special (the same one I saw the decorate camp sites at Disney!!) The purple cat came over with when it was handed off to Disney...I think by accident...but each year they hide it in a new spot!!

That is awesome your turkey leg was free...maybe the CM in the back bet the one in the front the next guest wouldn't gobble for a free one :lmao:

This update made me realize that I am almost never at DHS at night. I did see the Osborne lights years ago, but other than that I can't remember the last time I was there in the dark. We don't do Fantasmic, so maybe that's part of it :confused3

I do know that I will try to have some later days there in my upcoming trips!

WOW love the pics of the Osborne lights - absolutely amazing!! :lovestruc

:woohoo: on being able to walk onto ToT - what great fun especially with it being dark as well!

Haha at the story behind getting the free turkey leg - am glad you enjoyed it :thumbsup2

Awesome Pictures!!!!

I thought it was hilarious that Brandon only had to "gobble gobble" for the turkey leg! I would too if it was free! LOL

I put "Go to WDW at Christmastime" on my bucket list! LOL :)

Uh oh, I didn't know they played Trans Siberian Orchestra at the Osbourne Family Lights! Zach HATES, and I mean HATES them!! I'll have to keep that one to myself when I plan our Christmas trip! :rotfl:

Aww! I'm so sorry it started raining on you guys! Glad you got to see the lights for a while, plus you got in some good rides AND a free turkey leg! Sounds like a great night to me!

I think there is a big difference between CHOOSING to leave a park, and HAVING to leave. I know it's sounds silly, but when you make the decision it makes it easier!

Hopefully you got a good night's sleep!

Jen, I love all the photos of the Osborn lights. And I'm so glad you got to do so many rides with just a walk-on (guess all those people left when the rain started coming down).

I really need to stop reading your TRs. Now I HAVE to go during the Christmas season! The lights look amazing, the Turkey Leg sounds great (still need to try one of those), and I love all the walk on rides! I can't remember... was this trip earlier in Dec? Or more mid-Dec?

The purple cat is hidden in the display each year, it is kinda like a hidden Mickey! I think it was part of the original Osborne's display.

Your pictures of the lights are beautiful! I agree, my favorite is when they "dance" to the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. Just purely wonderfully magical!

That's the funniest story about Brandon gobbling for your turkey leg!!! :rotfl: Definitely cool that he got it for free!

I can't believe Brandon just looks up and sees the purple cat! If I told him to look for it though, he would have never found it! :laughing:

Thank you! I love the Trans Siberian Orchestra Christmas music, and being in Disney with the lights, it's so perfect!

I love that he got that turkey leg for free! :laughing:

Cool window display.

I didn't know there was a hidden purple cat. Very cool that you found it. Your pictures are lovely. The colors are so vibrant. Love it!

Woo hoo for a free turkey leg. I would definitely gobble gobble for some free food.

Ugh - I can't believe how much it rained. I guess I'm glad we missed that weekend after all. :rotfl:

Yeah, I remember reading about the purple cat before I left for my trip, but I couldn't remember the story behind it, but I knew it was hidden!

Thank you, I took so many pictures of the lights, they're so beautiful you can't help it!

I know, it rained a lot! And there are still 2 more days of rain to share!:rotfl2:

Good gobbling, Brandon! How cool that he got y'all a free turkey leg!

I wonder if we were at DHS on the same night? Our night was almost exactly like yours, except we did ToT before Star Tours. We ducked into the Muppets, too, because it was the closest way to get out of the torrential downpour. The rain was just terrible that night!

Love your photos of the lights...especially the purple picture :lovestruc!

Ah, good ol' Nyquil...I hoped you woke up feeling better!

Haha, I can't believe he had to gobble, but whatever, it was free, so that works!

I think we were, I remember reading about it on your TR and I think it was the same night! I can't believe how hard it started raining, it seemed like it was going to just sprinkle at first, but then it turned into a hurricane, practically! :laughing:

Thanks, I love taking pictures of the lights, they're so pretty!

Okay, I'm gonna need to join in on your October TR now! I was under the impression that it was almost done for some reason, haha I have no clue why.

You got some amazing pictures of the lights, goodness! Honestly, it seems like whenever I tried to get pictures, the lights were dancing so I would get a bunch of darkness haha.

THE PURPLE CAT! Yeah! When Disney bought the Christmas lights from the Osbornes, they accidentally took the cat from their Halloween display, too! So now every year they put it in a different place. HOW FUNNY that he just saw it!

Ahhhh YAY for the Yoda!!! Hahah I love him.

Brandon seriously got a free turkey leg for saying GOBBLE GOBBLE? That's the coolest thing ever. Why are some CMs so awesome?!?!

Come join the October TR, it's only half finished, I still have 5 more days of trip to write about! I actually like doing those updates more than this one, only because when I write about this trip, I remember being sick and how miserable it was! :laughing:

Haha, that happened to me too, as soon as I'd try to get a picture, the lights would dance, but I made up for it when they weren't! I figured when they were dancing, I'd just try to watch them and enjoy it!

I love that story of the purple cat, that's so cool! I can't believe Brandon found it without me even telling him to look for it! Figures! :laughing:

I love awesome CM's, especially ones that give you free food! :laughing: I think they only had a few left, since it was so late, so they probably would have thrown them out anyway! :confused3

I've never seen the Osborne lights (yet...) but there's a light display near by my house where you can set your radio to a station they broadcast and the lights dance in time. My favorite is the Trans Siberian Orchestra too!

Love the Muppets! :)

I saw someone on the boards here post a lot of great pictures after a rain storm. It seems to make the pictures more alive or something. Also, I think at night you can better photograph window displays! I tried and kept getting reflections!

That's pretty cool, I'd love to have a house like that in my neighborhood! :thumbsup2

The Muppets are so cute, I really love that show, even if it is a little dated!

The parks do look pretty in pictures after the rain, everything just shimmers a little more! I'm terrible at taking pictures of window displays, I think you have to have your flash off! I always forget!

Love the Osborne Lights! It really is amazing. I agree about the Trans Siberian Orchestra songs...I had to buy one of the songs on itunes because it reminded me of the lights. :rolleyes1

Tower of Terror with no wait is always nice. :thumbsup2

haha, the Yoda vinylmation is cute and that's awesome about Brandon getting the free turkey leg.

I did the same thing, last year, I bought 2 Trans Siberian Orchestra songs on Itunes and listened to them constantly to remind me of the lights! :laughing:

Isn't the Yoda vinyl adorable! I still want Darth Vader, though!

I love that Brandon got a free turkey leg...only in Disney! :thumbsup2

LOVE LOVE :lovestruc those Osborne lights. I can't wait to go back this year and see them again!

I've never heard about the cat. Now I'll have to look for it at our next trip!

Free turkey leg = AWESOME! Man I love those things but I usually get them from the MK cart. I think I've had them at HS once but many more times at MK. I'm looking forward to having one for lunch in just another month!!! :thumbsup2

Aren't the lights amazing! I can't imagine not seeing them around Christmas!

I only heard about the cat from the DIS, and I didn't really remember what it was, only that it was hidden when we saw it! I'm glad we did see it though, it's pretty cool!

I love the turkey legs! I'd probably get one in MK, but for some reason, it's like, my tradition now to get one in DHS! Jealous that you get to have one in a month!

I am so sad, we were there for the marathon the last few days of the lights display, but since I had to get up so early we didnt stay to see it :headache:

They are so beautiful and I love the music that they play there too!! The purple cat...ive seen that on a Christmas special (the same one I saw the decorate camp sites at Disney!!) The purple cat came over with when it was handed off to Disney...I think by accident...but each year they hide it in a new spot!!

That is awesome your turkey leg was free...maybe the CM in the back bet the one in the front the next guest wouldn't gobble for a free one :lmao:

Aww, you didn't get to see the lights? That's too bad! :( You need to go on a Christmas Disney trip!

I want to see the special you saw about Disney! I thought I saw all of the holiday Disney specials, but I don't remember anything about the purple cat! I love that, it's so cute that they hide little things in the lights!

Haha, probably, I'm sure the CM's get bored selling turkey legs all day, they probably want to see if people will do weird things just to entertain them! :rotfl:

This update made me realize that I am almost never at DHS at night. I did see the Osborne lights years ago, but other than that I can't remember the last time I was there in the dark. We don't do Fantasmic, so maybe that's part of it :confused3

I do know that I will try to have some later days there in my upcoming trips!

That's funny, I feel like I'm always at DHS at night and never in the day! We have to do magic hours, I love magic hours there! We don't do Fantasmic either (ok, well, we did in October, but that was totally spur of the moment!) I just like to be there after the crowds thin out and I can ride ToT over and over! :thumbsup2

I hope you get to go there at night on one of your upcoming trips, it's so pretty there at night!

WOW love the pics of the Osborne lights - absolutely amazing!! :lovestruc

:woohoo: on being able to walk onto ToT - what great fun especially with it being dark as well!

Haha at the story behind getting the free turkey leg - am glad you enjoyed it :thumbsup2

Thanks! The Osborne lights are really lovely!:lovestruc

I love ToT and when there is no wait, that's even better!

I love turkey legs, and this one was even better because it was free! :upsidedow

Awesome Pictures!!!!

I thought it was hilarious that Brandon only had to "gobble gobble" for the turkey leg! I would too if it was free! LOL

I put "Go to WDW at Christmastime" on my bucket list! LOL :)

Thank you!

I would totally have gobbled for a free turkey leg too, I wish I went up with him but I was sitting at the table, it must have been funny! :rotfl:

YES! Go to Disney at Christmas! :thumbsup2

Uh oh, I didn't know they played Trans Siberian Orchestra at the Osbourne Family Lights! Zach HATES, and I mean HATES them!! I'll have to keep that one to myself when I plan our Christmas trip! :rotfl:

What??? How can Zach hate Trans Siberian Orchestra? I mean, I understand the normal music, but the Christmas music is so wonderful! Just don't tell him, and maybe when one of the songs plays, and he sees the lights dancing, he will appreciate it more! :laughing:

Aww! I'm so sorry it started raining on you guys! Glad you got to see the lights for a while, plus you got in some good rides AND a free turkey leg! Sounds like a great night to me!

I think there is a big difference between CHOOSING to leave a park, and HAVING to leave. I know it's sounds silly, but when you make the decision it makes it easier!

Hopefully you got a good night's sleep!

Yeah, it was a very rainy trip, strange for December! But I'm glad we had a decent amount of rain-free time to see the lights!

It is easier to leave when it's your choice, especially when you're not feeling well. I knew I had 2 left, and that if I wanted to get through them, I had to rest. :confused3 I'm just always so sad to basically skip EMH's!

Jen, I love all the photos of the Osborn lights. And I'm so glad you got to do so many rides with just a walk-on (guess all those people left when the rain started coming down).

Thanks! The crowds were pretty low at DHS that night, which was nice! That's really the only good thing about the rain, people stay away! :rotfl2:

I really need to stop reading your TRs. Now I HAVE to go during the Christmas season! The lights look amazing, the Turkey Leg sounds great (still need to try one of those), and I love all the walk on rides! I can't remember... was this trip earlier in Dec? Or more mid-Dec?

Haha, I'm sorry! I love going during Christmas, that and the Food and Wine festival are my 2 favorite times to go! I love the turkey legs, they are so good! :cool1:

Our trip was December 10-14, I think we were there right before the Christmas crowds started coming in and right after Pop Warner, so it was a nice time to go, I'd definitely do those dates again! Oh, and I will be joining your PTR, I just keep forgetting because I'm hardly at the PTR section of the boards! But I will! :thumbsup2

:rotfl2: That's so funny about Brandon getting a free Turkey Leg just for saying Gobble gobble out loud!

I've been following your October TR, and I'm subbing into this one as well! :) I love all of the Christmas decorations!

That's pretty cool, I'd love to have a house like that in my neighborhood! :thumbsup2

The Muppets are so cute, I really love that show, even if it is a little dated!

The parks do look pretty in pictures after the rain, everything just shimmers a little more! I'm terrible at taking pictures of window displays, I think you have to have your flash off! I always forget!

It's actually a business, not a house, so it's really elaborate!

yeah about the flash being off, but in direct sunlight I had way too much reflection either way!

I have been following your Oct TR and found this one and I am all caught up! And as I am reading, I turn to my husband and say, "it is time to plan our next trip. It has been too long!" Ok, just since Oct but I am having serious withdrawals!!:lmao:

Sorry your trip started out with you sick:sick:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter