Just off the Wonder today!!!! Great time!

Mom 3 mouseketeers

Mouseketeer
We just got off the Wonder this morning. 3 days is entirely too short unless it's the choice between cruising and NOT cruising!!!! I have all my navigators and other paperwork but don't have any way of scanning to post.
Anyone have any questions?!

I just got off too! Weather was PERFECT! Coffee....not so much! LOL

This was my 4th Cruise. Had a great time.

My only complaint was that I was very disappointed with my stateroom host. He forgot to leave us bags and a map for Trick-or Treating. He forgot to leave us fresh wash cloths...twice. He forgot hand towels in the bathroom and yesterday I came back from Castway Cay to find the door of my room ajar!! Thankfully nothing was stolen but I was very uneasy with the fact that he left the door open and anyone could have walked in.

Love the new Outlook Cafe and love the new Flat Screen TVs in the stateroom! Was surprised to find the carpet in the stateroom was looking shabby. The stateroom doors all looked either new or freshly scraped and painted. They all looked great!

i am so excited. we booked a last minute trip a few days ago and will be on the next 3 day this thursday. did you have rough waters in the florida straights as person on previous cruise did? the person coming off the cruise before yours talked about how so many people were motion sick... who is your cruise director? Was the service okay? (person coming off previous cruise commented on how many new people were working - but service was good still). any live entertainment in promenade, cadillac or up on deck?

We did not have rough seas....at least not by my standards. You could feel the ship moving the first night but it really wasn't so bad.

Our Cruise Director was Christian and he was awesome!

Serivce was fine except for my stateroom host.

Did not go to the Promenade or Cadillac but there was a guy singing at the Adult Pool prior to the Sailaway Party.

It was HOT!!!! Castaway Cay was beautiful yesterday but I thought it was pretty toasty, not that I was complaining!!!
Didn't have any coffee, so can't comment. The new Outlook Cafe is beautiful!!! Looks like Cove Cafe but atleast 3 times the size, fantastic additon!!!!
I found the boat to be a bit rocky! Our 1st cruise in February was very smooth. The first night was pretty rocky, especially in the theater during the early show. Overnight not too bad. The night from Nassau to Castaway was very rocky! Woke me up cause the hangers were sliding around and the connecting doors were knocking into the trash cans we were using to hold them open. But no one in our group felt any motion sickness, just not walking a straight line down the hallways!
We had Rosello as our stateroom host and he was great!!!! Our favorite however was Sean who was our server at Palo. We had him in February and he was even better this time! A highlight of our trip!

Can you post some information on the trick or treating onboard. First time during Halloween for us

Since it was just Mom and me, we did not participate in the trick or treating. However, we were wandering the ship while this activity was going on, and I thought it was really cute! DCL set-up several stations on various decks. The stateroom attendant delivered a flyer and bag(s) for the trick or treaters. The flyer listed the order you were supposed to visit the different stations. I believe they did this so the trick or treaters would be on several different paths, and not everyone lined up in one place at one time. (The flyers had different paths to follow basically.)

I thought it was nicely done, and it appeared all the little ones were having fun!

We were on it, too! Our first cruise and we LOVED it! We're definitely hooked!

We thought the boat was incredibly rocky the first night. I totally wasn't prepared for that because leading up to the trip, people had told us that we wouldn't feel it move. We could barely walk a straight line at times! But, apparently, there were 14 foot waves, so the seas were rough. We all felt fine, though, but from the poor attendance to dinner the first night, I gather not everyone felt fine. I also noticed several people with plates of crackers and some getting up mid-dinner and leaving with boxes of food. The seas calmed as the weekend moved on, but like someone else said overnight between Nassau and Castaway was rough again. It woke me a lot too. I could hear creaking and you definitely felt the rolling.

Trick or treating was fun! Like someone else said, bags and a flyer listing the order of stops was left in our stateroom. It started at 4pm. There were 9 stops on our route...they kind of scattered them around the ship. Last stop was the Goofy Pool. My kids were gung-ho and acted like it was a race, so it didn't take them more than 20 minutes or so.

The weather was fantastic! Probably low to mid 80's in the daytime. I thought it was perfect!!

The shows were awesome! Loved Christiaan the cruise director! We had lots of fun doing the different game shows at Studio Sea. The pirate party was great. Loved our excursion in Nassau! Castaway Cay was a blast. I could've stayed there for a week!!

Great cruise! We'll be back!

Hi,
Can you tell me if your received bandanas for pirate night? Also, how did you like the food? Thank you in advance.

No, we weren't given bandanas for pirate night. My understanding is that is for longer cruises only. But, pirate supplies were plentiful in the gift shop. We took our own bandannas and skull & cross bone tees.

Those just off the Wonder can you tell me about the parking at the port? I have heard its a mess with them building a parking deck. Can you still pull in to drop your bags and family off? Or do you have to drop at the shuttle drop area? Do they still let you line up a few minutes before 10am? Where do you park now and how far a walk is it?

Thanks!:thumbsup2

You still drop off your family at the terminal. They direct cars to different areas based on how busy each area is. When we pulled in, we were directed to the area where the buses pull in/out, right at the terminal. The parking lot is just a bit further down from across the terminal where they are building the garage. Not too much further of a walk, and I felt it was no problem at all! Left my bags with Mom during dropoff, parked the car, and was in the terminal all within 30 minutes or less.

We were on it, too! Our first cruise and we LOVED it! We're definitely hooked!

We thought the boat was incredibly rocky the first night. I totally wasn't prepared for that because leading up to the trip, people had told us that we wouldn't feel it move. We could barely walk a straight line at times! But, apparently, there were 14 foot waves, so the seas were rough. We all felt fine, though, but from the poor attendance to dinner the first night, I gather not everyone felt fine. I also noticed several people with plates of crackers and some getting up mid-dinner and leaving with boxes of food. The seas calmed as the weekend moved on, but like someone else said overnight between Nassau and Castaway was rough again. It woke me a lot too. I could hear creaking and you definitely felt the rolling.

Trick or treating was fun! Like someone else said, bags and a flyer listing the order of stops was left in our stateroom. It started at 4pm. There were 9 stops on our route...they kind of scattered them around the ship. Last stop was the Goofy Pool. My kids were gung-ho and acted like it was a race, so it didn't take them more than 20 minutes or so.

The weather was fantastic! Probably low to mid 80's in the daytime. I thought it was perfect!!

The shows were awesome! Loved Christiaan the cruise director! We had lots of fun doing the different game shows at Studio Sea. The pirate party was great. Loved our excursion in Nassau! Castaway Cay was a blast. I could've stayed there for a week!!

Great cruise! We'll be back!

Hi Neighbor!
Glad to hear you enjoyed your first Disney Cruise. Like you, we fell in love with it our first cruise. I know what you mean when you said you could've stayed for a week. After you sail a 7 night cruise you'll be saying you wish it had been 10!;)
Susan

Sounds like you had an awsome sailing! What's the skinny on the Castaway Cay overhaul? Was the island all torn up?

Sounds like you had an awsome sailing! What's the skinny on the Castaway Cay overhaul? Was the island all torn up?

There was hardly anything going on that you could see while there. From the ship we could see a crane off in the distance near the teen beach and in the forefront is the uninstalled slide. Besides those two things I didn't notice or hear anything!
We didn't make it over to the adult beach but our table mates did and said it was beautiful, they didn't mention anythin going on over there.

Thank you for the report. We are leaving on Thursday for the Halloween cruise. I am really worried about the 14 foot waves!!! We had 8-12 foot waves on the last cruise and I thought that was awful. I have one daughter who is very prone to motion sickness, so I guess we will be in the room with her at night.

Thank you for the report. We are leaving on Thursday for the Halloween cruise. I am really worried about the 14 foot waves!!! We had 8-12 foot waves on the last cruise and I thought that was awful. I have one daughter who is very prone to motion sickness, so I guess we will be in the room with her at night.

I really don't think we had 14 foot waves. I was always checking on the TV and never saw anything like that. I felt the ship moving while at the 8:15/8:30 show on the first night. Other than that, I hardly felt anything. My stateroom was on deck 7, mid-ship. You did feel more in the front or back but really nothing bad at all. Maybe some people are prone to feel more than others but honestly, I really didn't think it was bad at all.

This was our first cruise too! The first night was so rough, i was regretting the trip. However, waking up in Nassau was awesome and we didn't feel anything from Nassau to Castaway Cay or the rest of the trip.

Thank you Minniemousememories for organizing the FE exchange. My kids were so excited, they opened everything each time they came back to the cabin. I don't know what was from whom but we loved, and love, everything. It was really magical. Thanks!

Looking at the new uninstalled slide on Castaway Cay was a tease but we had such a great time with the amazing weather. The water was perfect and the food was yummy too.

The trick or treating was so cute and the kids looked sweet in all of their costumes. My daughter was a bee and my son was a mad scientist. At the end there was a parade on decks 9 and 10 led by Minnie in her costume. It was all over by 4:45- 5:00.

The pirate party was a blast too. They set up a buffet on deck 9 after the fireworks.

We definitely want a longer cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter