Just off the Fantasy Eastern - any questions I can answer?

So trust me when I say that just about anything goes - unless you are going to Palo/Remy. We had main/early seating - maybe things were more formal during the later seating.

I never saw a tux. I saw a handful of jackets and a couple of ties, but in general things were more casual than I expected.
My husband wore a suit coat with a polo shirt on formal night (and to Palo). He wore khakis and a polo for semi-formal night. All other nights he wore shorts and a polo shirt.
My boys wore long pants on formal night and shorts on all other evenings.
I wore a little black dress on formal night, sundress on semi-formal night and capris all other nights.
Wear what makes you comfortable!!! You will see it ALL there.

Agree 100%!

We had late seating and I wore nice slacks and a long sleeve dress shirt the first night of cruise casual and felt overdressed to be honest. Every other cruise casual night I wore shorts and a nice polo shirt even though I brought entirely too many nicer clothes that just stayed in the closet (first time Disney cruisers - go figure). Much more comfortable after completely stuffing my face with the great food and desserts.

I did wear a jacket and tie to formal night and was surprised at the number of men not wearing ties. It was a spring break cruise, however.

For semi-formal night I think I wore slacks, a nice shirt, and a tie (no jacket) and was fine.

Last edited:
Did the ship seem very rocky? Hearing chatter on another page that it was rockier than usual and rumors about problems with a stabilizer?

We were on the Fantasy for the 5/2 cruise and it was very rocky the 1st couple of days but there was a tropical storm in the Bahamas so not sure if that was part of it. We had only cruised on the Dream and it was rockier than those cruises but really didn't see anyone having issues. The last 4 days were pretty smooth. I did get on the treadmill the 2nd day and my legs were killing me because it felt like I was going uphill then downhill. I gave up on the gym after that. The weather for our cruise was great but the people from warmer places like Texas were getting cold in the evenings. We had rain one night but the rest of the time it was wonderful but that is coming from someone from the Pacific Northwest.

Did the ship seem very rocky? Hearing chatter on another page that it was rockier than usual and rumors about problems with a stabilizer?

We just got off this cruise as well. It was our first cruise, so do keep that in mind. To me there is a difference between rocking and shuddering, and our cabin was shuddering. We were totally aft in 6188 and couldn't believe how bad it was. Others who we spoke to who have cruised before said it was out of the ordinary as well.

I was just reading about all the shaking issues too. We didn't have any problems. I thought overall the cruise was very smooth. There was more rocking on day 5 than the other days as we started heading back north. We were in 6624 and did not have any shaking at all. I feel bad for those that did! Sounds like it was a real issue with trying to get some sleep - which is hard enough to get under the best of circumstances!

How was the weather?

The weather could not have been better. It was awesome! We had scattered showers on the St. Thomas day, but we managed to stay dry at Magens Bay. I think other excursions/areas may not have been as lucky. There were also scattered showers in the area for Castaway Cay day, but it never rained on the island. We pretty much had low 80s and sun the whole week. I miss it!!!

Love reading this thread...thanks! I just made the final payment on our Disney Fantasy E.C. Cruise for October and the kids are so excited. My DH and I will complete our Disney Cruise Ship Collection finally but the kids still have yet to try the Disney Wonder. This will be the first 7-night cruise for the kids, but DH and I did a 7-night on the Wonder out of Galveston a few years ago.

We are excited about trying some new ports. I've been to St. Thomas/St. John but nobody else has been. Kids want to do the zipline tour, but I'm afraid that my small kids (ages 11, 12 and 15) won't all measure up to the weight minimum of 70 pounds (DS11 and DD12 are just over 60 pounds with clothes) so not sure if that will work. I think we plan on doing the helmet dive as well, or at least that is what I've booked for now.

I really like the idea of doing our own tour via taxi though, now that I've read about people doing it. We just may have to look into that.

I'm hoping my kids finally get something out of the kids clubs, but so far 2 other cruises have not shown them to be interested in that stuff. I may have to force them to do the icebreakers the first night just to see how that goes. I think my DD12 would REALLY love it because she loves all kinds of activities and wants to keep busy. I think the boys would be happy watching movies by the pool and just hanging out but who knows. DH and I really want to finally try Remy this time, debating dinner or brunch. We LOVE Palo for brunch (have done it a few times on other ships) and may have to do that again as well.

Glad you had a great cruise! I'm thinking of doing this one also.

At Magen's Bay were their beach chairs? If so was it difficult to get one?

We just got off this cruise as well. It was our first cruise, so do keep that in mind. To me there is a difference between rocking and shuddering, and our cabin was shuddering. We were totally aft in 6188 and couldn't believe how bad it was. Others who we spoke to who have cruised before said it was out of the ordinary as well.

Glad it wasn't just me. We were in 6166 in June and I felt like the bed vibrated all night! Enough that you coul see the bed shaking from across the room. We loved the room and location except for that. First-time cruisers but we also woke up to a definite rocking of the boat one of the nights around 1:30 am. I was surprised that we felt so much motion on that big of a boat--- but the rocking didn't bother me like the vibrating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter