Just off the Fantasy Eastern - any questions I can answer?

kbovenizer

Mouseketeer
We are back from a fabulous week on the Fantasy. SO awesome!!!

Let me know if you have any questions. I'll answer anything I can.

We were in stateroom 6624 and 6626. Traveling with my parents and 4 boys (ages 3, 5, 11, 12). We enjoyed a nearly empty ship on St. Martin port day and went to Magen's Bay on St. Thomas. We loved the beach at Castaway Cay. We saw a few shows and most of the movies. And my kids spent time in boy the Oceaneers areas and Edge. They also rode the Mickey slide about 400 times. :)

I miss the awesome hospitality already! Let me know if I can help you in any way!!

Hi how did your 11 yr old enjoy the oceaneers ares as my son will be 11 next time we go and he has never been in them before ? xx

The 11 year old LOVED the Edge. He never went to the Oceaneers areas. I think partly because his little brothers were there. ;)

He used the App and always knew what activities were going on at Edge. He was there every evening and really had a great time. He made some friends - and texted with them using the App to meet up even outside of the scheduled events. He sobbed on the last night when it was all over.

Disney does a great job with their kids programming!

11 and 12 year olds can go to either the Edge OR the Oceaneers areas. So your son can go wherever he's most comfortable - or go back and forth between the two if he's got check out privileges.

We are back from a fabulous week on the Fantasy. SO awesome!!!

Let me know if you have any questions. I'll answer anything I can.

We were in stateroom 6624 and 6626. Traveling with my parents and 4 boys (ages 3, 5, 11, 12). We enjoyed a nearly empty ship on St. Martin port day and went to Magen's Bay on St. Thomas. We loved the beach at Castaway Cay. We saw a few shows and most of the movies. And my kids spent time in boy the Oceaneers areas and Edge. They also rode the Mickey slide about 400 times. :)

I miss the awesome hospitality already! Let me know if I can help you in any way!!
How well did the texting work on the app, just curious for a recent experience. Seems like reviews are a little mixed on some threads.

Did you find you had enough time in port at St Thomas? It seems like a short day to me. We're doing the eastern A in August. Thanks for offering to answer questions and for any navigators you can post after you catch up on laundry!!! :)

How well did the texting work on the app, just curious for a recent experience. Seems like reviews are a little mixed on some threads.

Did you find you had enough time in port at St Thomas? It seems like a short day to me. We're doing the eastern A in August. Thanks for offering to answer questions and for any navigators you can post after you catch up on laundry!!! :)

The app worked GREAT! I really loved it! We had a small issue on the first day trying to figure out how to grant access to text to our boys. I think it must only be the head of household who gets the security key needed to turn on texting for minors. Or maybe it was just timing... Once we got it turned on it was awesome. One bad thing is that it doesn't PUSH messages - or if it did we never figured it out. You have to kind of keep checking the app to see if you have new messages. Still a vast improvement over having no way to keep in contact on the ship.

St Thomas was our favorite stop. (Although in fairness we didn't leave the ship on St. Maarten day because we wanted to enjoy the quiet, nearly empty ship - which was AWESOME!!! We went to Magen's Bay. One of the nicest, most beautiful beaches I've ever been to. Our all ashore was 7:45 and all aboard was 4:00. We actually left Magen's Bay shortly after we had lunch because my little ones were toast. It was more than enough time for us. We did not do a planned excursion, just got a taxi to Magen's Bay and then again back to the boat. Taxis were not hard to find at all.

How long were you docked at St. Maarten? I am trying to figure out excursions.

I'm trying to remember exactly when all ashore was that day - it's my one missing navigator. Since we didn't get off the boat, I'm not positive. I do know that the all aboard was pretty late - like 6:45. So you have a WHOLE day at port if you want it.

Just back from the same cruise. St. Maarten was from 8:00 AM to 6:45 PM.

The text feature did not work for our 2 cabins, checked with Guest Services and they said since we had switched 1 person from 1 cabin to the other the feature would not work for either room.

Just back from the same cruise. St. Maarten was from 8:00 AM to 6:45 PM.

The text feature did not work for our 2 cabins, checked with Guest Services and they said since we had switched 1 person from 1 cabin to the other the feature would not work for either room.

Thanks for confirming the St. Maarten times! How odd about your texting not working. We had no issues texting with the app between different cabins and even with people outside our family. Bummer!

The app worked GREAT! I really loved it! We had a small issue on the first day trying to figure out how to grant access to text to our boys. I think it must only be the head of household who gets the security key needed to turn on texting for minors. Or maybe it was just timing... Once we got it turned on it was awesome. One bad thing is that it doesn't PUSH messages - or if it did we never figured it out. You have to kind of keep checking the app to see if you have new messages. Still a vast improvement over having no way to keep in contact on the ship.
Great to hear, I'm looking forward to that feature SO much. Did you have to go to GS to resolve the issue, or figure it out on your own? Just planning ahead because I'll get it taken care of right when we board if I expect it to happen - we're traveling with 4 teens and texting will be critical! LOL

Great to hear, I'm looking forward to that feature SO much. Did you have to go to GS to resolve the issue, or figure it out on your own? Just planning ahead because I'll get it taken care of right when we board if I expect it to happen - we're traveling with 4 teens and texting will be critical! LOL

Here's how the texting works...

Each person gets an ID. You can give out the ID to other people and that's how you can text each other. It's not by name.

When I got mine working, I was able to send messages to the other adults in our group (because I could see their IDs by looking on their phones/apps) and we were all hooked up. When the kids tried to get theirs working, a message appeared that said they needed a 7 digit parental authorization code. I couldn't for the life of me figure out where to get a 7 digit code. So we gave up and figured we would fix it later.

When we were up looking at the Edge I asked the cast members if they knew what to do to get the parental authorization code. They told me they didn't, but that I should go to the IT help desk. We planned to go seek out the IT help desk after lunch.

At some point my husband looked at his app and he had the authorization code. So I'm not sure if he got it as head of household or if I was just too early. In any case, we didn't actually have to talk to anyone to get it fixed, but I'm not entirely sure what we did to it (if anything) to make it work. It's really pretty easy. I'm sure Guest Services could help if you can't get it working OR they could at least point you toward the IT help desk.

Was there a character breakfast?

Nope - no character breakfast. I had forgotten about that until just now. The test must be over for now...

We enjoyed room service coffee and Danish/donuts every day. Then normally went to Cabanas for second breakfast. One day we went to Royal Court just to try something different. The food never disappointed!!

Oh so glad to see this. I am totally considering this cruise for our second one. We have 2 boys, 3 and 9.

What kind of activities happened at Edge? What did your boys like about it? Did they find it easy to make friends? What did they say about the cast members there? Did they ever go to Edge seperately or were they always together?

Our next cruise will have one at Edge and another in Oceaneers. Kind of wondering how this will work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter