• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just off the Fantasy....a few new things

This construction buzz has been kicking around for a while now, but I don't think the exact nature of the construction was ever substantiated. I think I have heard everything from on-site guest lodgings, deluxe cabanas, additional CM lodging, a new beach area, a water park, etc.

Was on the Dream two weeks ago and noticed this too.

Honestly, it simply looked like beach maintenance work to me. There was a small dredger off the starboard side of the ship with a transfer hose (supported by clear inner-tubes LOL) running to the pictured area. It looked pretty similar to setups present in other beach communities with an inlet in Florida where they fortify/expand the beaches with the dredged material.

Just my $0.02

Last edited:
They rolled out the new one page insert Navigator on the Magic transatlantic that debarked yesterday. I understand they want to save trees but I miss my full Navigator. I really don't use the Navigator app...I like to use the paper one.

MJ

They rolled out the new one page insert Navigator on the Magic transatlantic that debarked yesterday. I understand they want to save trees but I miss my full Navigator. I really don't use the Navigator app...I like to use the paper one.

MJ
Did you let them know you were unhappy?

This construction buzz has been kicking around for a while now, but I don't think the exact nature of the construction was ever substantiated. I think I have heard everything from on-site guest lodgings, deluxe cabanas, additional CM lodging, a new beach area, a water park, etc.
Maybe they've scrapped the rumored plan for putting the teen beach next to Serenity Bay, and are thinking about putting it there?

(Just another maybe to toss in the pile).

Yes, I spoke to an officer about it and they suggested anyone unhappy about it to put it on the comment card.

Yet, there's no place on the comment cards to talk about things you are unhappy about. There are only two spots for free-form input: one is regarding CMs that made the experience "particularly magical", and the other is about a problem you may have had and how it was resolved. I suppose you could comment about the one-page Navigtors as a "problem", although it doesn't really fit into what they're asking about: an issue you had, and how they reacted in terms of service recovery.

That's something I've always noticed about the comment cards: despite the large number of questions, and despite the importance they place on them, they don't seem particularly interested in finding out about specific things you didn't like, and certainly not in taking suggestions. As long as the quantitative metrics in each category meet a certain threshold, the rest doesn't seem to matter.

Yet, there's no place on the comment cards to talk about things you are unhappy about. There are only two spots for free-form input: one is regarding CMs that made the experience "particularly magical", and the other is about a problem you may have had and how it was resolved. I suppose you could comment about the one-page Navigtors as a "problem", although it doesn't really fit into what they're asking about: an issue you had, and how they reacted in terms of service recovery.

That's something I've always noticed about the comment cards: despite the large number of questions, and despite the importance they place on them, they don't seem particularly interested in finding out about specific things you didn't like, and certainly not in taking suggestions. As long as the quantitative metrics in each category meet a certain threshold, the rest doesn't seem to matter.
Exactly the reason I bring a couple pieces of paper (or use the stationery in the drawer) - to add my comments. Works every time. I often get a postcard when we return thanking me for my comments.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter