Just off the Fantasy....a few new things

ginnenern

We're almost there!!
Just sailed the Western Caribbean and returned a couple of days ago. First of all, had an amazing time on our 3rd Disney cruise, Just a couple of things I'd like to put out there:
1. Darren McBurney is the current cruise director....he was awesome!
2. Prior to the cruse, I asked if movies being released in "select" theaters would premEAR on the boat? No one knew for sure....BUT, they do!!! Saw the premEAR of Queen of Katwe....it was great!
3. There is construction on Castaway Cay.(equipment appeared to be "hidden" in the woods) but very obvious that areas have been cleared. Reports are they are putting in a private resort. Guests will arrive to the main land and be brought over by boats for their stay and they will enjoy CC daily. I hadn't heard this, but maybe it is out there???
4. Lastly, the Navigator has changed. On our first day, we received the 6 page traditional Navigator but it highlighted everything for the week, including all stage shows, character sightings, and movies (except the premEAR) but then daily we only received the "one page insert" that lists everything out by time and location. It had "fold" lines so you could turn it into a trifold page to make easy to carry. Guest services told me this is the first week they have rolled this out. I hated not getting my "full" Navigator but I did see that it cut down on wasting of trees, and at the end of the cruise, I just lined up each daily sheet inside of my full one from day one and could just "flip" through.

I had noticed a lot of equipment off to the side when I was walking from the second family beach area to the first. I thought it was odd but now I know why it was there. (sailed the fantasy Sept 3rd) I'll have to looked but I thought we had the one page insert also on our cruise. I'll post back but I am 99.9% sure its one page insert.

Disney is extremely limited in the amount of development they can do on the island by the lease they have with the Bahamian government. Although it is possible that they have renegotiated it's terms to allow more but nothing has been heard about that. I doubt they have enough room to allow for a resort. Plus there have been reports of rather unpleasant insect life on the island after dark and the risks of being on a barely developed island in the middle of the ocean when it comes to transport. Speaking of transport, they would have to be flown into the Bahamas and taken there by ship or endure an approximately 12 hour hard charging sail from PC to get to the island.

We were on the same cruise...my first! It was an amazing week, the weather was perfect, and we enjoyed absolutely everything, from the fantastic shows, the amazing ports and excursions, and just relaxing with the 'drink of the day' in the adult pool areas. Especially enjoyed Falmouth Port, our Braco Stables excursion and the closeness, beauty and ease of the Falmouth port area right next to the ship. Trying to get back to 'normal' life now! (Miss being served meals, my room cleaned twice a day, and my chocolates on my bed at night!)

I was curious about the construction you mentioned when we were docked in February. I assumed they were dredging out a second pier area. Maybe it'll be a new DVC resort. Spend 50 points for an air conditioned hut!

I was curious about the construction you mentioned when we were docked in February. I assumed they were dredging out a second pier area. Maybe it'll be a new DVC resort. Spend 50 points for an air conditioned hut!
I'd like to see pictures of where the construction is. Anyone got some?

I had noticed a lot of equipment off to the side when I was walking from the second family beach area to the first. I thought it was odd but now I know why it was there. (sailed the fantasy Sept 3rd) I'll have to looked but I thought we had the one page insert also on our cruise. I'll post back but I am 99.9% sure its one page insert.

I was on that sailing too!

I am not home to see if I took any photos of the construction site, but if I recall I did not. The red box is the expanded construction site. I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't going to build an additional small boat dock in order to increase parasailing and fishing excursions. This would keep them from having to sail around the cruise ship each time they took people out.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    155.6 KB · Views: 96
I am not home to see if I took any photos of the construction site, but if I recall I did not. The red box is the expanded construction site. I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't going to build an additional small boat dock in order to increase parasailing and fishing excursions. This would keep them from having to sail around the cruise ship each time they took people out.
That makes sense.

I may have some pictures of this. I'll look tonight! I was on the ship as my parents walked back from Castaway and I did take snaps of them, so it might be in the background. There were dozers, dump trucks, etc.

I just realized I put this in the wrong thread earlier, whoops!

I took these on the 9/10 EC Fantasy cruise from my verandah on deck 9.
The first is just a blown up version of the original below it.

upload_2016-9-28_19-34-12-png.197656

upload_2016-9-28_19-37-51-png.197657

Just sailed the Western Caribbean and returned a couple of days ago. First of all, had an amazing time on our 3rd Disney cruise, Just a couple of things I'd like to put out there:
1. Darren McBurney is the current cruise director....he was awesome!
2. Prior to the cruse, I asked if movies being released in "select" theaters would premEAR on the boat? No one knew for sure....BUT, they do!!! Saw the premEAR of Queen of Katwe....it was great!
3. There is construction on Castaway Cay.(equipment appeared to be "hidden" in the woods) but very obvious that areas have been cleared. Reports are they are putting in a private resort. Guests will arrive to the main land and be brought over by boats for their stay and they will enjoy CC daily. I hadn't heard this, but maybe it is out there???
4. Lastly, the Navigator has changed. On our first day, we received the 6 page traditional Navigator but it highlighted everything for the week, including all stage shows, character sightings, and movies (except the premEAR) but then daily we only received the "one page insert" that lists everything out by time and location. It had "fold" lines so you could turn it into a trifold page to make easy to carry. Guest services told me this is the first week they have rolled this out. I hated not getting my "full" Navigator but I did see that it cut down on wasting of trees, and at the end of the cruise, I just lined up each daily sheet inside of my full one from day one and could just "flip" through.

Who were the Cruise Staff team members?

Disney presents our new "Super cabanas" private pool and beach "club". Only $2000/per cabana. One drink coupon per person included.

Maybe DCL is trying to keep up with the upgrades NCL is making to Great Stirrup Cay.

This construction buzz has been kicking around for a while now, but I don't think the exact nature of the construction was ever substantiated. I think I have heard everything from on-site guest lodgings, deluxe cabanas, additional CM lodging, a new beach area, a water park, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter