Just off the Dream...a few interesting points

A bit? :scared:

That shows that it really is about the money. They didn't even try to pretend it was about the environment. And to boot they ragged on customers for taking the travel-sized ones home.

Disney isn't usually so overt – I'm really hoping they meant "Since we are providing larger bottles of shampoo, etc. you won't have to bring it yourself." But if so, they chose unfortunate placement and wording, lol.

A bit? :scared:

That shows that it really is about the money. They didn't even try to pretend it was about the environment. And to boot they ragged on customers for taking the travel-sized ones home.

YES .... that's it exactly. It costs far less for them to use refillable dispensers than to make plastic tubes that everyone wants to take home. Pretty ridiculous they didn't even try to mention the environment in that email.

During our first cruise, my son and I ate gluten-free, and our dining server told me to preorder a special-made lunch for Castaway Cay. We're Texans, so I ordered ribs and beans.

:sad2: The ribs were like big chunks of rubber, and the beans were unseasoned kidney beans. I almost cried.

You didn't miss much. The "regular" food on CC is pretty gross.

On the Fantasy, you could get the paper navigator from guest services beginning at midnight the day of. Since I was in bed by midnight, I would get my paper navigator first thing in the morning.

If the Navigator is delivered to my room by 9 p.m. the night before, they can certainly have them at GS by that time.

Ok, I can live with the dispenser bottlers but am I the only who does not like the idea of glass in the bathroom? Are they in any type of holder that will not move in rough seas?

MJ

Barbeque ribs & beans are very appropriate to picnics here in Texas. I learned at that time not to pre-order again, or to expect DCL to be able to decently make barbeque ribs or beans.

I'm with you - nothing wrong with 'good' ribs and smoky sauced beans!! Yum! Not just in Texas - it's a southern thing with us too!
(all summer long - or anytime we can get/make them)

Is that information on the app and is it accessible when you’re not on the ship?

No, it's not accessible off the ship. No idea if it's on the app or not. I will definitely make sure I get that information and put it into my phone, however, whether it's preprinted or just available to me.

The softer reflected light from a paper source is much more comfortable on our eyes.

Not mine. It's much harder for me to read. I now read books almost exclusively on a tablet because I otherwise have to have a strong light on the page in order to read it. The backlight on a tablet is much better for me because it creates a better contrast between the "page" and the text.

Hey cruise buddy! Just got off the Dream yesterday too! We stayed deck 8 midship and did not get the individual sized soap bottles :( they had big glass pump bottles with tamper proof tape on the lid. We did get the soap bars. I was sad to see no navigator in the cabins either. I was also suprised to see shutter sound printing pictures but suspect they will move towards doing away with it pretty soon. I didn’t notice a lot cutbacks. The DVC previews used to give free drinks of the day but they now give water bottles and up to $50 stateroom credit for anyone who go to the one on one sessions.
Is this $50 only for previews or also for the DVC member party? No way was I drinking $50 worth at the member party on embarkation day. So if I can get a $50 stateroom credit, count me in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter