Just listed a bunch of stuff on ebay

tinkfan4ever

Mouseketeer
OK, I just listed a bunch of stuff on ebay. All the $ will go into the Disney fund. I hope I do well!!!! Lots of girls clothes, holiday stuff and winter stuff. I haven't sold on ebay for a while. Anyone know how it's been going lately?

Some of my ebaying has been hit and miss... Some weeks I do a little better than others... I took off for a month or so and since Ive come back and started ebaying again it hasnt been as good.. But I figure every dollar counts so I will continue to do it.. It also helps me clear out the house a little at a time.. I dont really ebay any one specific thing.. Just a variety.. What is weird to me is that some of the things that I would think would sell with no problem arent selling and the things I'm iffy on, sell.. Imagine that!

Things for me on eBay are going badly as well. It is the worst Christmas season I have ever seen. I have only got up about a dozen auctions right now and I have only one bid. There are not even any watchers or visits. Most of my counters are still on "00001"

I have products that should be selling like hotcakes, but it's like everyone has disappeared!

Hope things are going better for everyone else.

We are doing well, and sell 98% of things on the first time listing.

Granted its stuff like laptops, PC parts, adn college textbooks, old toys, and car stereo stuff. We just put some of our educational toys up, and they haven't eneded yet.

I just started selling on ebay a few months ago and I am surprised at how high people will go for the silliest items.
I sold a bunch of used costumes that closed higher than the original price.
Now I am selling some Lion King (broadway) memorabilia that Disney Visa sent me for free and they are closing around $30!

My baby clothes and girls clothes (really nice stuff Hanna Anderson, gymboree...) went for much lower than I expected.

I have 7 new (with the tags) baby clothes that my newest son has outgrown--before even wearing them. (see my tag line!)

I was thinking of listing them, but haven't got to it yet.

I just started selling things two weeks ago and so far I am doing pretty good. Everything has sold (decent prices too) and out of the the things I have on right now the one item not yet bid on (Gymbo crib shoes; the only clothing I have tried yet) has 7 watchers and still has 6 days left. The other things (books and games) were bid on within an hour of listing. I am so afraid to jinx this LOL so....KNOCK ON WOOD I am optimistic everything will sell. Good luck to everyone else! :wave:

I'm not doing to well right now either. :( I have 17 items listed now and all of them are brand new (clothes, toys, shoes - almost all Disney stuff too). I have only 3 bids - not a good average. 10 of them end Thursday, 3 Saturday and 2 Sunday, so there's still hope! My starting bids are lower than other listings of the same items too. I have also compared shipping and that is comparable too. Glad to here it's not just me!

I do have some watchers on over half the items, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Just wanted to post back... I had some stuff close last night... Only 2 of the items didnt sell.. Something Ive noticed over the last few weeks is that things will have watchers and then they close and noone bid on them.. Not sure why people watch the item but never bid.. Maybe they find one they like better and go ahead and bid on it.. Ive just had a few items each week for the last 2 or 3 weeks that have watchers, but end up closing with no bids..

I told DH that this trip I wanted to stay 10 days at FW! I am so happy to say that today I bought 5dayPHP (from Hotwire - SUCH a good deal!!) and many vouchers with all my Ebay money! Yeah! Keep going, friends - it can be done! :earsboy:

I am also helping with some of the camping fees and MVMCP tix. Pretty good for mom of twins (7) and a 4 year old, not to mention homeschooling our first year! :bounce: :bounce: Can't wait to get there!!

(Mostly selling kids outgrown clothes - two camping stoves and the rest clothes, shoes and halloween costumes)

Originally posted by bettyann29
Not sure why people watch the item but never bid.

I can explain why I personally do this. If I see an auction of interest, I "watch" it. If I ultimately don't bid, it's because I decided that I didn't really need/want the item or the price or shipping was higher than I felt justified in paying. Not too high in general, just too high for how badly I wanted it.

If you have lots of watchers with no bidders, you might consider relisting with a lower price or lower shipping. I particularly tend to skip auctions for small things that have Priority Mail shipping on them when they could have gone First Class Mail for a buck or so.

Sheila

My listings have been hit or miss also...I found 2 bags of maternity stuff from a few years ago & listed a bunch of them. So far none have sold. :confused: I had really thought they would.

BUT...I had picked up 2 sets of legos at a tag sale only a month ago...both were labeled Bob the Builder. Well, the sets had all 3 "Bob" trucks...I listed it at $5.00...last night it ended at over $40.00

Since I only paid like $3.00 for them all...I figure I can list stuff I"m not sure will sell for a while on that profit!

I just listed a lot of Gymboree from last year. It all sold but for lower than usual. Better than a garage sale. All in all sales do seem really slow this year, maybe it's still too early for Christmas???

Sometimes the closeness of C'mas doesn't hit people until after Thanksgiving. That is when bidders start coming out of the woodwork LOL!

Whereabouts can i go to e-bay to find you guys?nana2tots

Well, I have a glimmer of hope! I got another bid, so I have 4 items out of my current 17 items sold & the auctions aren't done yet...

Not sure why people watch the item but never bid.
If I have an item to sell I will find a similar item that is currnetly listed and watch it and see how bidding goes to decide if I should sell my item.

NANA- my ebay name is denofdrool but I only have one item listed right now.

Originally posted by CheapMom
If I have an item to sell I will find a similar item that is currnetly listed and watch it and see how bidding goes to decide if I should sell my item.

LOL, you beat me. I was going to say the same thing.

Nana my user is the same at ebay as here. I don't have alot of imagination.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter