Just Keep Swimming - March 31-April 7, 2013 - Closing Thoughts (Updated 5/17)

I'm subbing Scooter Mom, but we'll see how long it takes to get caught up. :faint: ;)

Hey Glenn !!! I am so happy you stopped by. Let me know whne you are caught up.

I didn't realize they did topiaries themed to non-Disney characters in the various countries like that (trolls, pandas).

It was mostly characters, though. With the random troll/panda thrown in.

The smokehouse.... that's about as American as it gets. No way I could pass the smell of meat being cooked to perfection there without stopping for some.

It was soooo yummy !!!

I was going to ask about the beer sampler, but maybe I should just go look at the dining review sometime... :rolleyes1

The dining review will tell you all you want to know, bro. You just have to click the link. Takes you right to it. :thumbsup2

I am dying over the Snow White topiaries. I NEED TO SEE THOSE OMG.

I LOVE your Pandora charm! I just might have to get one of those…

Day Three – Part Five

So I left off in Japan. The kids had been saving their spending money to buy things here. They LOVE the gift shop there. I find that this gift shop appeals greatly to the tween/teen set.

They spent a good bit of their money there. This is what they got.
DS is going through a Naruto stage and loves all of that stuff, so he got this shirt

And this wristband

And this shirt

It is some stupid thing called Nyan cat. Most annoying thing on earth. But he liked the shirt and got it.

DD got some Hello Kitty stuff

She took the goggles down to the pool before I could adjust them. She brought them back later and said …”these are janked up, mom.” I laughed and fixed them. So funny.

She also got a Duffy

After shopping we moved on and they had this set up between Morocco and France

Then we moved on to France. This is where my most anticipated Flower and Garden food item was located. Y’all they had my favorite drink – Grey Goose Slushie – but this time is was in my favorite color – PINK
A PINK Grey Goose Slushie !!! I had to have one. I was chanting along the way to get it ..”pink, pink, pink.” DH was laughing at me. But you judge for yourself.

DSC06844_zps206ba82c.jpg

Isn’t it BEAUTIFUL ?!! It tasted awesome too. I had to share it with DH and he had way too much of it. I should have just gotten two of them.

DH took topiary photos !!

We moved on to the UK. DH took photos while DS got some French Fries at the Yorkshire Fish Place. He scarfed them down before I could get a picture.

After that, we decided to head out and back to BLT for some rest.

I am dying over the Snow White topiaries. I NEED TO SEE THOSE OMG.

I LOVE your Pandora charm! I just might have to get one of those…

All of the topiaries were amazing.

I love that charm, too. I got another one later in the trip. I will post a photo.

That pink GGS is adorable. I never would have thought that a drink could be adorable! I could almost see myself trying that one!
Awww Belle and Beast topiaries! So cute!
I like the Japan gift shop too. I don't think I've ever bought anything, but the whole shop is just eye candy.

That pink GGS is adorable. I never would have thought that a drink could be adorable! I could almost see myself trying that one!

Isn't it precious ??!! All it needs is some edible glitter. I loved it !!! LOVE !!! :lovestruc

Awww Belle and Beast topiaries! So cute!

We got some more photos later in the trip of Mrs. Potts, Chip, Cogsworth and Lumiere. Super cute !!

I like the Japan gift shop too. I don't think I've ever bought anything, but the whole shop is just eye candy.

We did the pick a pearl there once. I think that is the only thing I bought from there. I'm not gonna lie, I love the stuff in there, too. It is just that the prices turn me off most stuff. The kids love it there.

The kids got some cool stuff. Nikki loves Hello Kitty too. It is some pretty cool stuff though. Your sons black shirt reminds me of one Christian has from TOT. That Duffy is the cutest. I almost bought him for Nikki, but I figured we'd better buy some gas to return home. :lmao:

The slushy looks delicious! I could use a pitcher of those right now.

Thanks for posting pics of the topiairies. I didn't get to see everything so I'm enjoying your pics.

hmm...we never really look around much in the shops in Japan, and I have never heard of that cat...not Hello Kitty, the other one on the shirt your son got. :) I guess that's cause Meg saves all her $$$ for strictly Disney stuff!

Love the Toy Story and Pooh topiaries! And who wouldn't love a good pulled pork sandwich? Looks like it was delicious!

A pink GGS? Now that's a first. How festive!

Love the shopping expedition and the beautiful topiaries.

The kids got some cool stuff. Nikki loves Hello Kitty too. It is some pretty cool stuff though. Your sons black shirt reminds me of one Christian has from TOT. That Duffy is the cutest. I almost bought him for Nikki, but I figured we'd better buy some gas to return home. :lmao:

Well, yeah ....gas is important ... I guess

The slushy looks delicious! I could use a pitcher of those right now.

It was sooo good. I was so happy drinking it.

Thanks for posting pics of the topiairies. I didn't get to see everything so I'm enjoying your pics.

They really had some beautiful displays and three playgrounds set up in Epcot. Those were fun to see.

hmm...we never really look around much in the shops in Japan, and I have never heard of that cat...not Hello Kitty, the other one on the shirt your son got. :) I guess that's cause Meg saves all her $$$ for strictly Disney stuff!

That Nyan cat is soo annoying. Ask Meg about it, I bet she knows. If not, then google it.

Love the Toy Story and Pooh topiaries! And who wouldn't love a good pulled pork sandwich? Looks like it was delicious!

I loved that Pooh topiary with the ballon and that fact that Woody had the pull string on his back. Pulled pork sammich was soooo yummy. It was a full size sandwich for a snack credit.

A pink GGS? Now that's a first. How festive!

They need to have that available all of the time. I mean who doesn't want a PINK GGS ??!!

Love the shopping expedition and the beautiful topiaries.

More beautiful flowers coming up !!

That is so funny that they like to go to shopping in the Japan store. I would never have thought it was popular!

Lol about the janked up.. funny!!

I loved that rose slushie too! It was delicious and stronger than the grey goose citroen slushie.

That is so funny that they like to go to shopping in the Japan store. I would never have thought it was popular!

They have some really cool stuff in there. And I'm not gonna lie. I love the Hello Kitty stuff. They have some super cute fleece pajama pants that I considered buying.

Lol about the janked up.. funny!!

They say the funniest things. The other day we were coming home from the grocery store and she said, "why in the WORLD do they need an expiration date on ICE CREAM?" I guess the thought of someone not eating all of the ice cream in two days just made no sense to her. She and DH can destroy some ice cream. I try to stay way from it. I already weigh too much.

I loved that rose slushie too! It was delicious and stronger than the grey goose citroen slushie.

Which made it better. Plus it was PINK !! The best color ever !!

Ok, I did read your dining review. I wanted to know what the beers where and all I had to do was look and it was right there. :rotfl2: I'm glad you got your pink flamingo grey goose slush, but I agree that you definitely should have just got an extra one. :thumbsup2

Ok, I did read your dining review. I wanted to know what the beers where and all I had to do was look and it was right there. :rotfl2: I'm glad you got your pink flamingo grey goose slush, but I agree that you definitely should have just got an extra one. :thumbsup2

I really should have. DH was sucking it down so fast, I am surprised he didn't get brain freeze. By the time it was gone, we were in the UK and DS was about to go sideways if he didn't get some french fries so I didn't feel like fighting the crowds to get another one. Next time I am getting two - fo sure !!

Not sure where I posted last. Too much happening in the real world. :crazy2:

Since you read my TR I will reserve my opinions of the foods we have in common. Gives you something to look forward to anyway. I will admit I did want to try at least one of the beers but since I was offsite and driving I was good and refrained. :sad1: I really liked the look of the dark beers. I will admit I have never had a Grey Goose Slushie, pink or any other color. I have heard so much about them I will have to change that one day.

I love wandering around Mitsukoshi. My kids and now my grandson loves it too. I willl say he is more into collecting swords for display and loves looking at them.

Not sure where I posted last. Too much happening in the real world. :crazy2:

Since you read my TR I will reserve my opinions of the foods we have in common. Gives you something to look forward to anyway. I will admit I did want to try at least one of the beers but since I was offsite and driving I was good and refrained. :sad1: I really liked the look of the dark beers. I will admit I have never had a Grey Goose Slushie, pink or any other color. I have heard so much about them I will have to change that one day.

I love wandering around Mitsukoshi. My kids and now my grandson loves it too. I willl say he is more into collecting swords for display and loves looking at them.

You MUST try the Grey Goose Slushie.

I am not a dark beer fan. But DH likes them, so that worked out.

My DS wants one of those swords so bad. But ..... NO. Not happening.

Oh my! That Nyan Cat shirt would be very popular in my house! My 11yo dd is crazy for it. :crazy: She had a hat competition at school and she made a Nyan Cat hat and told me she wished she had a shirt to go with it, lol. Thanks for pointing out the shop, it will be a must shop for all of my kids, I'm sure!

Fun updates, my 4yo is enjoying the photos too :)

You MUST try the Grey Goose Slushie.

I am not a dark beer fan. But DH likes them, so that worked out.

My DS wants one of those swords so bad. But ..... NO. Not happening.

I will add the Slushie to my December list.

I don't drink beer often but I actually love the Black and Tan at the Rose and Crown. My aunt got me started on the darker ales.

I am only grandmom and am not happy about the swords but my son and his ex both said Jay could have one. It is packed away and only for display purposes. They actually ship it to the house so that made me feel a little better.

I will add the Slushie to my December list.

I don't drink beer often but I actually love the Black and Tan at the Rose and Crown. My aunt got me started on the darker ales.

I am only grandmom and am not happy about the swords but my son and his ex both said Jay could have one. It is packed away and only for display purposes. They actually ship it to the house so that made me feel a little better.

My DD is still to young and stupid. I don't trust him with it. Plus, it costs too much.

You must try the slushie !!

Oh my! That Nyan Cat shirt would be very popular in my house! My 11yo dd is crazy for it. :crazy: She had a hat competition at school and she made a Nyan Cat hat and told me she wished she had a shirt to go with it, lol. Thanks for pointing out the shop, it will be a must shop for all of my kids, I'm sure!

Fun updates, my 4yo is enjoying the photos too :)

Yes, not everyone gets the Nyan cat. We had several people ask what it was. I told them they were lucky they didn't know. LOL.

Awww .... I so glad he/she is following along !!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter