Just got into my first House Party!

I think, if I'm remembering correctly, that my packages and my SIL's package were alll for 15 people.

I'm in!

:rotfl2:

I just signed up. I'm always leary of giving away my email (JUNK MAIL STINKS!) but I said to DH... If the dis-ers are doing it... it must be alright.

I've signed up for the Barilla party. You girls with the clone wars and scrapbooking stuff are so going to have fun!

Thanks for the great info, Dis folks.

Melissa

Hi Jen -

Can I ask if your email stated how many parties they are doing? I only see 500 on the map and normally they do 1,000. If so, I will continue crossing my fingers, if not I will just have to accept that they don't love me LOL!! :confused3

It was only 500 parties for the Canon one.

to those who have hosted parties- does having more guests and posting pics increase your chances of getting more parties?

I noticed for the star wars party, many people are listed as having zero guests! I invited people thinking I had to- if I had known many people didn't actually have parties I wouldn't have bothered!

I invited one 6 yr old from my son's class, and his mom rsvp'd they're bringing their "not invited" 12 yr old also- that makes 16 kids, I am trying to figure out how to handle the goodie bags with one too few if they in fact only send 15!

to those who have hosted parties- does having more guests and posting pics increase your chances of getting more parties?

I noticed for the star wars party, many people are listed as having zero guests! I invited people thinking I had to- if I had known many people didn't actually have parties I wouldn't have bothered!

I invited one 6 yr old from my son's class, and his mom rsvp'd they're bringing their "not invited" 12 yr old also- that makes 16 kids, I am trying to figure out how to handle the goodie bags with one too few if they in fact only send 15!

That one is easy, the 12 yr old wasn't invited, he is the wrong age bracket, so he gets the different goodie bag you make up from party supplies available at the store. :thumbsup2

I saw that too, the 0 guests and 0 photos. Every other party I've hosted stated you had to invite Xamount of guests and post Xamount of photos to be considered a finalist. I didn't apply to this one, so I don't know what the criteria was to be a finalist.

I also thought you had to invite a certain number of guests and upload three photos to be a host. I'm not sure you need to put them all on your guest list on the houseparty site, since you can invite some by phone or mail and not just by email, but I always put all of mine on anyway, even if I'm not emailing the invitation.

I received an email to apply for a Grey Poupon houseparty. There was a paragraph in the application process that stated they will be monitoring hosts to be sure they follow the rules. Maybe it's a problem they've become aware of and plan to take care of? It also mentioned not creating multiple accounts to try to receive more than one party package per address, and specified that products must be given away to guests and not kept.

If you go to the site and apply for it you should see the exact wording. I'm sure I left something out.

I also thought you had to invite a certain number of guests and upload three photos to be a host. I'm not sure you need to put them all on your guest list on the houseparty site, since you can invite some by phone or mail and not just by email, but I always put all of mine on anyway, even if I'm not emailing the invitation.

I received an email to apply for a Grey Poupon houseparty. There was a paragraph in the application process that stated they will be monitoring hosts to be sure they follow the rules. Maybe it's a problem they've become aware of and plan to take care of? It also mentioned not creating multiple accounts to try to receive more than one party package per address, and specified that products must be given away to guests and not kept.

If you go to the site and apply for it you should see the exact wording. I'm sure I left something out.

I saw that too. I hate that they have to state the obvious and that some people will still not comply, only in it for the free stuff.
I don't always have a physical party on that day, but all the items do go to the guest I invited. We've had a chocolate tasting party via the internet. That was fun, but it did make for messy keyboards. :rotfl2:

When I got in, I invited 10 people and uploaded 1 photo. This is my first party. So, do we usually get supplies for 15 people? Our list just increased by a couple kids, so I want to be sure to have enough goodie bags. This is so fun!:cool1: Thanks to my dis friends for showing me house party and for the great tips! :wizard:

I also wanted to add that I thought of another cool snack...popcorn balls and call then "Planet Hoth Balls" (the snow planet!). Or maybe peanut butter balls dipped in chocolate and call them "Death Stars". I would love to hear if you guys thought of any more fun ideas! :goodvibes

I hope someone is on right now! Help! I made an invitation with directions to our house on the website...it lets me edit it, but I can't print this one. The invitation it wants me to print doesn't have the "what to bring" part. the "party mantra" part or the directions to our house. The invite it lets me print (by the guests name where it says print invitation) is one that just says our house and the time basically. I hope I am making sense!:confused3 Any one able to help this dis'er? Please reply as I am trying to get these ready today to send out! :surfweb: Thanks!:goodvibes

I hope someone is on right now! Help! I made an invitation with directions to our house on the website...it lets me edit it, but I can't print this one. The invitation it wants me to print doesn't have the "what to bring" part. the "party mantra" part or the directions to our house. The invite it lets me print (by the guests name where it says print invitation) is one that just says our house and the time basically. I hope I am making sense!:confused3 Any one able to help this dis'er? Please reply as I am trying to get these ready today to send out! :surfweb: Thanks!:goodvibes

I think the whole point of their system is for you to get your guests to log on to their website. Which is why it won't print those things.

You will have to copy & paste it into a wordtype program yourself to print out.

I think the whole point of their system is for you to get your guests to log on to their website. Which is why it won't print those things.

You will have to copy & paste it into a wordtype program yourself to print out.

I was thinking the same thing. Thanks for confirming that!

I started another thread about the Clone Wars party, I hadn't seen this one...

The Clone Wars party is also our first, my ds10 could not be more excited. I am so eager to find out what is in the box, so I can get what I need to supplement it. I want to make sure each child gets a great goody bag, and it would help if I knew what was coming...

Oh! In my rsvps, I had parents replying they are coming as well, which is a bit unusual (usually by this age they just drop off and pick up). I think everyone wants to see this new show!

I am a bit behind in that I never learned how to download photos from our digital camera to the computer and then post them to the internet. I think there's just a connection we hook-up between the camera and computer, but one of my tasks for this weekend is to figure it out. It's taking Star Wars to drag me into the 21st century!

Maria

I started another thread about the Clone Wars party, I hadn't seen this one...

The Clone Wars party is also our first, my ds10 could not be more excited. I am so eager to find out what is in the box, so I can get what I need to supplement it. I want to make sure each child gets a great goody bag, and it would help if I knew what was coming...

Oh! In my rsvps, I had parents replying they are coming as well, which is a bit unusual (usually by this age they just drop off and pick up). I think everyone wants to see this new show!

I am a bit behind in that I never learned how to download photos from our digital camera to the computer and then post them to the internet. I think there's just a connection we hook-up between the camera and computer, but one of my tasks for this weekend is to figure it out. It's taking Star Wars to drag me into the 21st century!

Maria

LOL about the parents...I am thinking we're gonna have some parents here as well! I finally figured out how to upload pics to the computer:surfweb: , so my party site has some pics and I am gonna add more after the party! I can't wait to see what's in the packages they send out! House party said it was going to be the best package yet from Cartoon Network, so who knows!:banana:

I finally got in! I got the Canon party. I've been trying for over a year. I don't think it's an age issue, I'm over the 40 group, and just got in. I sign up for all of them.I'm so happy, I love to scrapbook! Good luck to you and keep trying!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter