Just got Dolphin $109/nt on Hotwire~Jan. 2004!

I remember reading awhile back from a post that ??? (the guy who does the betterbidding site) said that perhaps if the Westin company releases Swan rooms to Hotwire, that it has the Resort icon. But if it is the Swan itself releasing the rooms, then it doesn't have the Resort icon.

I remember back in April when I was bidding on the Dolphin for my June stay, that some people were getting the Swan with the Resort icon and some were getting it with the Dolphin-like icons.

Plutosmyfav - that's interesting. I plugged in your dates and the Swan did INDEED have a SPA icon. That is the first I have heard of that. I don't think I have heard of anyone winning a room only bid for the Swan and it having the SPA icon. I'd be interested to see someone bid on California Dreamin's hotel and see if it is the Swan.

Maggie

p.s. Does the Swan even have a Spa??

it is showing a 4 star with the rate of 109.00,
no R for resort, and also no spa icom. Is this what everyone else saw?

I just got this off the betterbidding site:

***Note about Swan and Dolphin: when these hotels come up as options for Vacation Packages, the amenity icons are not listed. The amenities listed are taken from the "Package Details" link.

the Swan also shows laundry facilities, but only if you click on "detailed information" (as the row of icons can only show up to 8 amenity icons, but you can see 9th, 10th, etc if you click on "detailed information" link)

Hope this helps those of you checking out Hotwire...and..GOOD LUCK, hope you all get either S or D!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks all. Just got the Dolphin for $109/night for Dec 29-Jan 1 on Hotwire! I was surprised to be able to get those dates.

Mike

Swan. I know what I am getting with the ressie I made with the Swan. Hotwire would be about 20.00 less but it is for a standard view room.The AP rate is for a lake view.

I am glad for all of you who have already have your ressies. :) :)

Thank you for that link. I agree that Cheryl gets pretty nasty with anyone trying to offer ANY information that could be useful in choosing a hotel through Hotwire.

How can you search for 2004 rates in Hotwire?? I am not seeing where you can input the year. I thought i could only get 2003

What does it say if the Wyndam comes up? If I'm seeing a price of $109 with the same ammenities mentioned in the OP, can I be pretty sure that's going to be either the Swan or Dolphin?

I'm assuming Hotwire is a no refund place similar to Priceline, is that correct?

I'm just looking around and hoping for a deal, not really ready to purchase right now because airfare is so ridiculously high. But I can hope!

Good luck everyone and congrats to those who got awesome deals!

Originally posted by Cosme
How can you search for 2004 rates in Hotwire?? I am not seeing where you can input the year. I thought i could only get 2003

Just click on the month you want (Jan., for example) and it will automatically come up 2004, since Jan. 2003 is in the past.

Liz,

Yes, Hotwire is a no-refunds deal, like Priceline. While there's no guarantee, I think it's a high likelihood that what you're seeing is Dolphin if the icons shown are just like in my original post, and the price is $109. I think the Swan was coming up $112 or $115.
It's kind of scary, I know, but your odds are pretty good, I think.

Sue

I would just watch out for that "Customer Favorite" message. That tells me its not the swan or dolphin

Originally posted by summerrluvv
Thanks for posting that betterbidding.com website. I hadn't seen that one before! I usually check out biddingfortravel.com, but that Cheryl is just so nasty over there! I can't stand to read her rude replies anymore.

Good! I thought I was the only one who thoguht she was rude...I am going over to betterbidding.com too.

Thanks for the 109.00 tip, It seems to be available the night I want to go in Jan too!

-Erica

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter