Just got Dolphin $109/nt on Hotwire~Jan. 2004!

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by momtotwinglesx4, Aug 21, 2003.

1. momtotwinglesx4

momtotwinglesx4 DIS Veteran

I'm so excited! I had a Club Level Dolphin Jr. Suite booked for our family of 7 for 4 nites of our trip at the nurse's rate of $340/nite, but with the recent postings of the Swan coming up at great rates, I decided to check for my dates. Really didn't think anything would come up for Jan. though.

I put in for 2 rooms, WDW area, for Jan. 6 to 10, 2004.

4* hotel for $109.00/room/nite that showed up showed:
    restaurant
    pool
    fit. center
    bus. center
    golf
    tennis
    laundry

Took the plunge and got the Dolphin!! Yippee! (Would have been just as pleased with Swan too!) Won't be club level, but for $122/nite cheaper, I guess we can buy our own bagels, lol!

Sue

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Robinette

Robinette DIS Veteran

Good for you, Sue!

Quite a few people are getting the S/D on hotwire today. Question...does it come up saying "Customer Favorite?" I've put in my dates for October and a 4* hotel with the same ammenities shows up for $73.00 a night. Anyone know?

4. hulabird

hulabird DIS Veteran & Planaholic!

Be careful because Wyndam Palace has also said customer favorite. What I saw when I did a package search for Hotwire is write down all the amenities for the swan that was on the package and then when I did the search tried to match them up. On both package and then the regular hotel search laundry and R for resort came up.

5. rlduvall

rlduvall DIS Veteran

The $73.00 rate that says Customer Favorite is Wyndham. I keep getting that one, too. If you read the "reviews" sometimes it says within walking distance to DTD. I don't want that one, I want the Swan, wahhhhhhhh! I don't think Swan shows a SPA and Wyndham's does.

6. momtotwinglesx4

momtotwinglesx4 DIS Veteran

No, I don't recall seeing "customer favorite" on mine.

7. magicmouse2

magicmouse2 DIS Veteran

One of them shows for $149 for April 04:D
    Sticking with my Disney ressies for now;)

8. grimp

grimp Earning My Ears

Thank you for posting your information. I had Swan booked with AAA discount for Feb. 8 - Feb. 10 at $177.50. After reading your post I checked Hotwire; I decided to take the shot and also got the Dolphin for $109. Must say that my hands were shaking when I hit the purchase button as my wife would have shot me had the $109 quote been another hotel.

9. kimmie

kimmie <font color=green>Sometimes I have senior moments

I am too scared to do it! I would love to jump on this rate, but I chicken out! What if its not S/D? I am like you Grimp, I would be a nervous wreck!!;)

10. kda

kda DIS Veteran

So, are Swan & Dolphin the ones that show R for resort?
    Any other hotel show R?

Thanks!

11. grimp

grimp Earning My Ears

Both show four stars and -

The Dolphin shows:

Restaurant
    Pool
    Fitness
    Business Center
    Golf Nearby
    Tennis Nearby
    Laundry

The Swan shows:
    R
    Restaurant
    Pool
    Fitness
    Business Center
    Golf Nearby
    Tennis Nearby
    Spa

12. swilphil

swilphil Feels trapped in a Brady Bunch episode at the Poly

I went to the Betterbidding.com site and someone posted this at 4:30 p.m. today:

"I just got the Swan for 12/1-12/5 at $112 and it DID NOT match the Swan described in the package. It had the 8 ammens that match the Dolphin but it did not have R (resort) or SPA. I thought for sure I was getting the Dolphin but it came back as the Swan."

The website gives you what amenities different hotels list, and hopefully they keep updated. I'm tempted to try it for our next trip.

13. sandbar

sandbar <font color=purple>Every day is an adventure to pu

Does that rate include the $10 resort fee? Either way, you get a high 5 from me for getting that great price! Good for you!! Have a great time! :D

14. CaliforniaDreaming

CaliforniaDreaming #1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert

I see $149 with an "R" & "SPA" - is this the Swan?

15. JennSaint

JennSaint DIS Veteran

Well we had decided to take a break from Disney in February 2004. We are going to Bonita Springs Hyatt Regency for 8 nights but I left our last night open to stay somewhere around St Petersburg since that's where we are flying into. Well since I still read these boards everyday I decided what the heck lets spend our last night in Disney and I went to hotwire and also got the Dolphin for $109.00 per night!!! We are planning to go to Disney again in February 2005 and were planning on staying in the Epcot resort area so this will be a good chance to see if we would like this area.

I'm so excited! Can't believe I'm so excited for one night! We still have a day and plus left on our park hoppers so we figure we can use one or the other for that one day.

Thanks momtotwingles for tipping us off!:Pinkbounc

16. summerrluvv

summerrluvv <font color=darkorchid>Work Hard. Have Fun.<br><f

Thanks for posting that betterbidding.com website. I hadn't seen that one before! I usually check out biddingfortravel.com, but that Cheryl is just so nasty over there! I can't stand to read her rude replies anymore.

17. maggiew

maggiew DIS Veteran

California Dreaming - the Swan does NOT have the Spa icon.

Maggie

18. CaliforniaDreaming

CaliforniaDreaming #1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert

Guess it must be the Wyndham Palace then...

19. plutosmyfav

plutosmyfav <font color=deeppink>Has high hopes, high apple pi

That was me! I was sure I was bidding on the Dolphin, but it came back as the Swan. There definitely was no SPA or R icons. It's very strange but I'm not complaining :)

20. plutosmyfav

plutosmyfav <font color=deeppink>Has high hopes, high apple pi

When I looked at packages, the Swan did have a SPA icon, but the hotel I bid on (turned out to be Swan) did not have the SPA icon.

21. mom-2greatkids

mom-2greatkids Mouseketeer

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc Just got the Dolphin for $109 in January!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

WDW here we come!