Just got back and sharing some thoughts

mrwinky

Mouseketeer
We just got off the plane no more then 3 hours ago....And I figured I would share some random thoughts about our stay :)

We stayed at the Hojo in a Prem Room and used Upgraded City passes

Hotel...

Building 1, 4th floor facing Matterhorn... Room was nice, (bathrooms are way to small, really wish they had a soaker tub :) and a second sink!!! As for the fireworks view, to be honest we only watched them once from the hotel, I don't think I would pay for the view, (most of the time we are in the park when they happen anyways) but as always Hojo was good to us :)

Passes...

We bought city passes from Costco.ca $309.99 for adults, First time I tried to talk to them about upgrading I was sent in the park, Then I was informed it needed to be done outside the park, stood in line again, and was informed that we should do the upgrade after we have used the SeaWorld and Universal portion (I felt like I was getting the run around). Finally they said they would do it (got us exception passes since we hadn't done seaworld yet) and then I get charged $194 for 3 adults and 1 child (was suppose to be $150) I tried to argue, she told me nope, you bought them at Costco and that's why... At this point I was tired and beyond arguing.. I feel kinda of mislead by everyone... But oh well.

Food...

Did goofy's kitechen on Sunday. Was really disappointed, Food was good, but Characters where never around. In the 1.5 hours we were there, only had 3 char come to the table. Was not worth the $127 for breakfast :), Park food... I can not say how much I really enjoyed the Cajun Meat loaf at the French Market!!!! and Earl of Sandwich.. Don't have one in Canada, but it was pretty dam tasty!!!!!

Photopass...

We loved it, came home with over 150 pic's just wish we got more then the 2 magic shots is all.... Tying in the Ride pic's was a huge bonus!!!

Disneyland...

Awesome... Of course I wish Big Thunder was running!!!. lines were small on the weekdays... 10-15min wait on just about everything (except Peterpan) I was pretty upset over "The View" We left the castle till Monday, and well we couldn't get in it, since they were filming the view all week (Could have put a notice up to tell us :( ) Weekend lines were longer, average around 45-60min for main attractions....

California Adventure Park

Carsland!!! was AMAZING.... Never did apply the wide right technique, I would go get fast passes around 10:30-11:00 (usually this ment 5-7 return time, which was fine with me ) on Tuesday we tried for Fastpasses right away but the line was all the way back to off the page.. I could not believe it, went and did Toy story mania, California Screaming, and the Zepher, then went back and got passes with no line. We ended up doing the ride 4 times. Carsland at night is just amazing!!!!, Not sure what they are thinking with Lugi's Tire ride, I found it boring and well not a fluid ride at all... World of Color had the holiday show, Was well done, we had Blue zone, ended up in the "wet zone" near the bridge and we did not get wet at all (other then the rain we had )

Shopping ...
Ordered a Jack and Sally print from off the page :) (wish they used more color in Sally, but all in all was awesome) was really looking forward to the nightmare before Xmas Train Mystery pins (but never found them) ended up getting addicted to the World of Color ones (have lots of doubles, if anyone has some extras, Id like to finish the set, even snagged the super chaser) They still offer the 20% off coupon when you order food to use before 1:00pm. we made good use of that at World of Disney. Did the Disney Outlet in San Diego and deals to be had (snagged a hoodie that was in the park $60, for $15 at the outlet store ). Did Ridemakerz, and well I'm upset, I built a Stealth RC Mater, and after all add on's etc, it was $100 only to get home and realize the car doesn't have enough power to move on its own.. I've tried 3 sets of batteries and still cant get it to move more then an inch...:furious::furious:

SeaWorld...

Was ok, but man it was dead.... I couldn't believe how dead, I mean we walked around at time we were the only people in certain areas. This was on a Monday

Universal...

Was ok, dead, we walked on to the Mummy, Transformers, and Jurassic park.. Only Simpsons had a wait... After doing SeaWorld and US, I realized how much time and effort Disney does in making there attractions :)

Feel free to ask any questions, while its still fresh :)

Disney does have the highest quality attractions, but don't you wish they had super dead days like SeaWorld and Universal do?! I sure do.

thanks for sharing your experience, sounds you had a great time, too bad about the rc car, does it have a warranty? or can you get a bigger battery???

I'm going to check into the warranty , I'm guessing no since I'm in canada and we don't have a ridemakerz here :( but yes all in all it was a great trip!!!

We were at the parks the same time, we just got home yesterday. Have you ordered your photo pass CD yet? I was under the impression from reading on here that shipping was included but it seems that since I'm in Canada We have to pay the $15 :(

We were at the parks the same time, we just got home yesterday. Have you ordered your photo pass CD yet? I was under the impression from reading on here that shipping was included but it seems that since I'm in Canada We have to pay the $15 :(

No I just viewed my pics when we got home , I have not tired to order it, I hope it's not $15, already feel nickled and dimed over the passes and exchange rate :)

It is $15 for International shipping for the CD. Free if you are in the States. But you can get all the photos as a download (if you have less than 700), and that is a free option . Then back up to your own CD, or whatever back up system you prefer.

I also just got back from staying at hojo in a premium queen room building 1 level 6 facing Disney this room did have a 2nd sink outside the bathroom came in very handy

What size battery does the car take? If it's AA (or possibly even AAA), then you should be able to get a high powered battery - I think they're mainly designed for digital cameras.

What is the 20% off if you order food before 1pm deal? TIA

Glad you had a good time and thanks for sharing your thoughts

What is the 20% off if you order food before 1pm deal? TIA

Glad you had a good time and thanks for sharing your thoughts

When you order food at some CS places they may print an offer on your receipt for 20% off merchandise at certain store before 1pm. The offer can come at any time, the shopping needs to be done by 1pm.

When you order food at some CS places they may print an offer on your receipt for 20% off merchandise at certain store before 1pm. The offer can come at any time, the shopping needs to be done by 1pm.

Yes the offer is good for World of disney, star traders and one more in DL, in California adventure park it's good at Eliase and company and one other can't remember

Winky

Thanks! This is come in handy for my DD who has been saving her $. One more question - does it have to be used the day it is received? My DD is shopping at the World of Disney our last morning. We will not have Park tickets.

It is $15 for International shipping for the CD. Free if you are in the States. But you can get all the photos as a download (if you have less than 700), and that is a free option . Then back up to your own CD, or whatever back up system you prefer.

Ok thanks for that info. I will look into that.

Not sure what they are thinking with Lugi's Tire ride, I found it boring and well not a fluid ride at all...

It's way more fun if you split up your family into more than one tire and have battles. Even if you never get near each other, having a goal makes it more fun. And it takes riding a couple times to really get the hang of how to move it. Once you work that out, you then see the point of the ride and how people enjoy it. (kind of like TSMM...until you really learn how to use the pullstring, it's annoying...once you learn that you don't have to pull it all the way out but you do have to let it go all the way back in, you get more shots in and it's infinitely more fun and sore-arm-inducing)

If you really feel the upgrade should have been $150, why not write in to them about it?

The traditional way they have upgraded from the citypass is to take current gate price minus the online prepurchase price. This might have changed, but I don't know. The answer "because you bought from Costco", however, is not enough information and I would not be satisfied with it. Even if I didn't get a refund, I would want more of an explanation.

Boo for such a poor character experience at GK :( We had great success last year there with about 10 characters.

Thank you for sharing your experiences. It sounds like a successful trip, even with some of the downsides that happened. I haven't had much good luck at Goofy's Kitchen in the past couple of times I have gone. I prefer Minnie's at Plaza Inn over Goofy's.

As for the tickets, my understanding is that you will lose any discount when you upgrade at the parks. They will take what you actually paid for the ticket and apply that to the upgrade, not the face value shown on the ticket. As far as I know, it's been like that for years.

Universal is about 45 minutes north of Disneyland in LA.
and SeaWorld is 1.5 hours south of Disneyland in San Diego.

You can order the citypass on the Costco Canada website. The pass includes 3 day park hopper for DL and DCA, 1 day at SeaWorld and 1 day at Universal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter