• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

just got a Keurig...we were recently dubbed the Keurig Krew......

For mjtm610, don't forget a grinder. target sells on for about $20 that does the job well.
For all, I'm on my second Platinum Keurig, because the system started to dispense the wrong amount of water requested, or not at all. Also, remember to run a cycle without a cuop in the K-cup holder if you're making a hot chocolate or mocha, it will eventually clog the dispenser. AND, remember to clean it a couple of times a year per the instructions.

Just got back from Bed Bath and Beyond where we usually buy our K-Cups (using one of their ubiquitous 20% off coupons) and they had a notice posted that effective February 1st the prices are going up $1/box.

Hurry out and get your's now.

Just got back from Bed Bath and Beyond where we usually buy our K-Cups (using one of their ubiquitous 20% off coupons) and they had a notice posted that effective February 1st the prices are going up $1/box.

Hurry out and get your's now.

THANKS!!! I'll get some tomorrow.

:confused3 We're puzzled...

Val just "descaled" our Keurig and now its giving us short pours. It seems like it only wants to put about 1/2 - 2/3rds the amount of water it should put in the different sizes. Anybody got an idea of what we did and how to fix it?

sometimes i think the company is "not quite there yet" there are more than a few problems that pop up........but.........if you call them, from what i hear, they will bend over backwards to help you.........up to and including a replacement.........i believe Mr Klose had situation involving a defective unit.

:confused3 We're puzzled...

Val just "descaled" our Keurig and now its giving us short pours. It seems like it only wants to put about 1/2 - 2/3rds the amount of water it should put in the different sizes. Anybody got an idea of what we did and how to fix it?

Descaling already? How old is your Keurig Jeff? I hope you are not using bottled water in your Keurig. It has added minerals and will kill your Keurig quicker than a steamroller crushing. We've had two friends who have lost Keurig's due to excessive scaling caused by bottled water.

We have filtered water at the tap and our Keurig is 5 years old. We have never had to descale. If you do not have filtered tap water a Brita water picture is a good idea.

Good luck. :)

I think we've had the unit for a couple of years now, maybe only 18 months. Good to know that you haven't bothered to descale George. I think we will refrain.

We use regular tap water here. Our water in Plymouth is really good.

I think Val just descaled because she thought it should be done - its not like there was an issue with the quality/quantity of the coffee.

This morning it worked just fine for my first K, so I'm hoping that its back to normal.

Descaling is when you run vinegar through the machine. Its supposed to clear up the deposits that get left in the unit from the minerals in your water.

We were directed by Keurig Customer Service to descale due to our short cup problem. We use Brita filtered water exclusively in the machine and have a filter in the water chamber as well. So I really don't think we had a mineral build-up problem, but we did it on their advice. We are heavy users of the machine though.

I think that did improve that problem, but I'm not convinced that it's giving the right amount all the time. I have call Keurig on my "to do" list.

But now we have a new problem. We used to leave our brewer on all the time 24/7. Suddenly now it keeps shutting itself off. I thought someone (kids) might have messed with the auto-shutoff setting by accident, but I've tried setting the auto-shutoff to "off" - didn't work, "8 hours" - didn't work.

I'm starting to have a love/hate relationship with that dang machine. Love the coffee, hate the hassle. Our 1 year warranty time frame is up in April I think and I'm going to have to try and resolve something with them before that time.

And with that, I think I will go up to the kitchen and make a cup with our Tassimo! :)

We were directed by Keurig Customer Service to descale due to our short cup problem. We use Brita filtered water exclusively in the machine and have a filter in the water chamber as well. So I really don't think we had a mineral build-up problem, but we did it on their advice. We are heavy users of the machine though.

I think that did improve that problem, but I'm not convinced that it's giving the right amount all the time. I have call Keurig on my "to do" list.

But now we have a new problem. We used to leave our brewer on all the time 24/7. Suddenly now it keeps shutting itself off. I thought someone (kids) might have messed with the auto-shutoff setting by accident, but I've tried setting the auto-shutoff to "off" - didn't work, "8 hours" - didn't work.

I'm starting to have a love/hate relationship with that dang machine. Love the coffee, hate the hassle. Our 1 year warranty time frame is up in April I think and I'm going to have to try and resolve something with them before that time.

And with that, I think I will go up to the kitchen and make a cup with our Tassimo! :)

I'm with you. I'm on my FOURTH (yes, FOURTH) complimentary brewer.

Every time, it was getting to the point that "short-cupping" was an understatement. It was producing MAYBE 3 - 4 ounces of coffee on the 8 oz cup size.

We always left it on 24/7. We checked the manual and it said it was okay to do that. The last one we got, I RELIGIOUSLY de-scaled the thing every 6 weeks. We had done only 2 descalings, so it was less than 5 months old and it was short cupping again.

My wife and I BOTH have employers that have a Keurig and neither of us has ever had a problem with them. My employer does have an office model, but my wife's office has a home model. Neither one has EVER had a problem. I asked if they shut theirs off - and they do. They leave them on during the work day, but shut them off when everyone leaves.

Well, on this latest model, I'm turning it on ONLY when I want a cup, and I am still religiously descaling the thing every six weeks. I haven't had a problem yet - and I've done 3 descalings on it.

Usually, when they send me a new one, they just want the k-cup holder with the needles back. This time, they sent out FedEx to pick up the entire brewer to take it apart and look at it.

I'm convinced that the heat cooked the minerals from the water onto the tubes inside and that's what was clogging it.

I too LOVE the coffee. I have also been AMAZED by the customer service. But if/when this latest model goes, I'm not calling them again. We're going to switch over to Tassimo. Knock wood though, shutting it off and descaling every 6 weeks has been working so far.

Update on our short cup problem. Val called Keurig and they walked her through cleaning out the jets on the machine using a straightened out paper clip. That fixed the problem...

...for about a week. This morning it started acting up again. Going to try cleaning them out again. :coffee:

Got one for xmas (well hubby did) and I love it...Just wish the cups were cheaper. We use out my k-cup to use our own coffee but what a pain. New plan do swagbucks to earn amazon giftcards and get coffee for free. I told hubby if he wanted the cups he had to do swagbucks too lol

We still find the best deal on K-Cups is at Bed, Bath & Beyond. With one of their ubiquitous 20% off coupons, a $10.99 box of 18 comes in at less than 50 cents a cup.

Our local BB&B has a very large selection.

Oh there was a coupon out back in I think dec that was for 42 off the milesstone (or something like that). My grocery store had them on sale for 5.99 so I got them for 3.99 for 12. So .33 each. So wish I had more then one of those coupon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter