just got a Keurig...we were recently dubbed the Keurig Krew......

Love that fact that we arent throwing away 1/2 a pot every day.
/quote]

that's one of the big reasons I'm looking at a keurig. Especially in the summer when I might want just 1 cup. I think what we would spend on the k cups would be similar to what we're spending on coffee beans right now and 1.2 of that goes down the drain some days.

We went from liking our Keurig to loving it in less than a week.

Love the fact that we can each have something different.

Love the fact that we dont have to take the machine apart and clean it like our Cuisnart.

Love that fact that we arent throwing away 1/2 a pot every day.

Love the fact that we can have a hot beverage on a whim with no fuss.

So far it's worth every penny.

Yep, all that, and I love that I don't have to "set up" the coffee pot every night anymore. I cringe at all the times I woke up in the middle of the night because I forgot to do this...DH gets up at 4:30 every morning and has to have his coffee right away!

FYI, While researching the B77 I found that it may be better to get the B70.

The differences are:

B70 ( Platinum )
  • Cup sizes up to 12oz
  • Adjustable Temp
  • Lacks the 72 K-Cups instead you get 12.
B77 (Select)
  • Stops at 10oz
  • No Adjustable Temp.
  • Bonus 72 K-Cups instead of the 12.

Breville
  • Choose from five brew sizes
  • Features quiet brew technology.
  • Stainless exterior.
  • Built-in "My K-Cup" compartment.
  • Integrated water filtration.
  • Large, easy to read LCD display.
  • Includes a free variety pack of 22 K-Cups.

I have also been looking at the Breville. It looks good also and you can find them refurbed for $113.00 +tax/shipping.

I like refurbed due to the fact that a person has to physical inspect the device and that they normally carry the full warranty at a fraction of the price.

Kan I join the Krewe? I got my Keurig right before Christmas (it was kind of a bribe from DH's boss) and I love it! I just registered it online last night at Keurig.com. Once you are registered, it gives you a code for two FREE boxes of kcups with the purchase of two other boxes. You also get 10% off for joining the Coffee Club (automatically happens when you put two boxes in your shopping cart) and FREE SHIPPING on the first order! I got a total of 92 kcups for $25 and they will be delivered right to my doorstep!

I love the Newman's Own Extra Bold so I got a box of that, plus two variety boxes (one includes some teas, the other is all coffee) and a box of Kona Blend. Can't wait!

--H

Just scored 72 K-Cups for $31 at BB&B. Got to love their coupons. :thumbsup2

Also noticed a larger selection than what they used to have. :cloud9:

We don't have one (yet) how does it work if you make a 10 oz. drink. Do you use more than 1 Kcup??

Apologies if this is a dumb question. DH was asking me.

We don't have one (yet) how does it work if you make a 10 oz. drink. Do you use more than 1 Kcup??

Apologies if this is a dumb question. DH was asking me.

We have the one that allows you to choose 5 size settings.

I make a 12 ounce cup and use only one K-cup.

If you get the model that only allows you to choose up to a 10 ounce cup......then you would only use one K-cup

Thanks Kevin! Like how I blamed AJ for my dumb question.

So it doesn't matter the size you just use one K cup? We are thinking of getting one as our Anniversary present.

I just registered my Keurig online and took advantage of their buy 2 lg. boxes, get 2 boxes. I also ordered 2 small sample packs

2 boxes of 24 Celestial English Breakfast Black Tea
1 box of 24 Lemon Blueberry Tea
1 box of 24 Chai Green Tea (DH's Favorite)

And 2 sample packs of...
French Vanilla Black Tea
Rooibos Pear

I can't wait to try them.:banana:

I think it was a pretty good deal only $30 w/ free shipping.:woohoo:

Ok, I'm in now too! Ever since we saw my inlaws' we've been interested. Well, we saw one at Costco and we had just gotten our Costco rebate check to spend which turned out to be the same amount, so we got it. The largest size makes about 9oz with one k cup and that is just right for our favorite mugs. So far so good. We love it! :thumbsup2

I got one for xmas. We love it. But is there a secret to using the "my cup" filter. It's such a mess to clean. I tried it with very fine grind coffee and it went everywhere.

Thanks Kevin! Like how I blamed AJ for my dumb question.

So it doesn't matter the size you just use one K cup? We are thinking of getting one as our Anniversary present.

Hi Kim. All k-cups come in the same physical size. There is no difference whether it be coffee, tea, or hot chocolate.

There are some k-cups that are "filled" a little more. Generally coffee k-cups. These are known as "extra bold". They maintain the intended flavor/body of the coffee in a larger pour.

But it also depends on the pour or drop size. Some people think certain varieties are best at the smallest pour size. Say 5 oz. Some want a larger cup of coffee and will use a 2nd k-cup and run that into the same mug.

Try experimenting with your favorite k-cup and the different settings. Try the largest size pour. (Make sure the mug is big enough. :) ) Does it taste too thin for your liking or is it something you enjoy.

Give it a try.

I had to work from home yesterday as the technician worked on our heat pump. It was in the high teens outside and the unit was shut off for almost four hours. Thus, it was about 58 degrees inside the house before he was finished.

Needless to say, I was VERY THANKFUL for my Keurig (and electric space heater) yesterday!

We have the one that allows you to choose 5 size settings.

I make a 12 ounce cup and use only one K-cup.

If you get the model that only allows you to choose up to a 10 ounce cup......then you would only use one K-cup

I have a model that allows 3 settings and I put one middle and one small in a very large cup and one K cup is enough and it is stilll strong.

I got one for xmas. We love it. But is there a secret to using the "my cup" filter. It's such a mess to clean. I tried it with very fine grind coffee and it went everywhere.

Fill to only 1/3" or so below the rim. Anything higher results in an explosion of grinds from the little slit in the top of the lid. Very very messy. :eek:

This may be somewhat off the main line of topic, but I've read that the Howard Johnson on Harbor Blvd. in Anaheim (across from Disneyland) has put a Keurig in every room. Any Keurig lover considering a trip to DL this year might want to book a room at the HoJo. At least you know the coffee is good!

My $40 Hamilton Beach regular make-a-pot-of-coffee maker, which I loved, conked out on Sunday. It replaced my $30 Mr. Coffee. My $30-40 coffee makers tend to conk out after about 12-18 months. I use them every day for about a cup a day, so I guess the constant wear & tear do them in? Or they're cheaply made? Or both?:confused3

Either way, I am having a slightly difficult time convincing dh to spring for a Keurig for me. He's an occasional coffee drinker, not like me, so he's not as--I hate to use this word, but--"dependent" on it as I. He balks at the $100-ish price, given "the way I go through coffee makers..." So I'm wondering, after reading this whole thread, I saw that a few of you have had your Keurig for YEARS! Are they better built than my previously beloved $30-40 machines? Is your previous experience, you longer-time owners, that they last more than a year or 18 months?

I'd probably go reusable K-Cup to cut down on costs, I'm a strong & dark French roast kind of gal in the flavor department.

My birthday IS in a few weeks, this may help my case:rotfl:

Loved this thread, so interesting! One of the pp's said that you people are pure evil, and they are RIGHT!!! First the iPhone, now this...:lmao:
Michele/Rutgers

PS--Hey, maybe this is the wrong place for this, but maybe the podcast forum needs new smilies for an iPhone, the Kindle, and the Keurig, lol!

Got it, love it! Hope it lasts longer than my other coffee makers!

DH sniffed out a Kohl's deal, if you use your Kohl's card now on K-cups online (free shipping and lower price when you put it in cart). He's on board now that he knows there are deals to be hunted down, lol.:goodvibes

DH sniffed out a Kohl's deal, if you use your Kohl's card now on K-cups online (free shipping and lower price when you put it in cart). He's on board now that he knows there are deals to be hunted down, lol.:goodvibes
good hunting

Congrats on your Keurig. Remember to check out Coffewiz.com. They are right in NJ and free shipping on $50 orders. At least sign up for the mailing list.

Enjoy! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter