• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just Got a Call From Disney

It's very interesting reading this thread. Not too long ago, a DIS'er posted about getting a call from AKL to move to SSR due to construction. I think almost everyone in that thread said not to do it. Many had been moved there last September when the value resort oversold and they didn't like it at all. Just interesting seeing basically the same thread, but with exactly the opposite opinions.

For what it's worth, could you ask about maybe staying at the WLV instead? It would put you in the same MK area, plus close enough to FW if you wanted to still enjoy their amenities. You're kind of in the drivers seat on this one, so it wouldn't hurt to ask them about any other options.

We just returned from a wonderful stay at the Grandstand section of SSR. We loved it! We were the first bus stop and the buses were running quite smoothly. We enjoyed the main pool and the one in our section. It was great to have a place to refill your mugs right at the pool also. The nflatbreads at Artists Pallette are delicious. We also used the boats to Downtown Disney. Have a great trip!:thumbsup2

I am a new DVC member and stayed in a dedicated 2BR in June at SSR. It was an absolutely beautiful unit and very spacious. I don't think I will ever be able to stay in a smaller unit again when traveling with my family. It is really awesome and I guarantee that you will love it!

Plus SSR is really not that far from MK because the bus driver takes a back route by FW.

Oh its an upgrade all right!

:banana: Congratulations! You are going to love the 2 br and all that space! SSR is a lovely resort and I am sure you will all have a wonderful time.

We're staying here for the first time in August. What types of activities are available in the community center?

what a great upgrade:thumbsup2

be very happy about it ..... I would be

Disney Please upgrade me Next....:wizard:

i'll be sitting here waiting :surfweb:

No really I'm waiting:surfweb:

still waiting:rolleyes1

Ok i'm not waiting i'm just dreaming of a free upgrade:angel:

:lmao: Amanda

Lucky You. We stayed there last year and loved it. It has 2 baths and a washer/dryer, full kitchen. You're gonna love it. Congrats! We are staying in the cabins in August. Maybe they're still renovating.

It seems I read a lot about people being upgraded to SSR. Do they have a problem filling those rooms or are they trying to get people to buy in or what? I think the location is awful, but having a two bedroom villa would probably overcome the location for me, as long as I'm still onsite.

You are so lucky!!!! Stayed at SSR last year in a 2 bedroom and it was absolutely gorgeous! I would be dancing in the streets if I ever got that kind of upgrade!!!!:cool1: :cool1:

Sounds like an upgrade to me, too. We are staying at the FW cabins for 11 nights in August and I am looking forward to our first stay there. But a w/d would be big on my upgrade list.!

We are DVC members, but didn't like SSR, mainly because it just too huge. We got stuck out in the "boonies" of this place, so if they tell you you'll be in "Carousel", don't accept it unless you have a car. It just wasn't our piece of cake. But it is a beautiful place, and you will love the 2 br. But we just prefer the DVC's connected to the hotels more, this was more like a huge condo complex.

I'm so jealous. That's awesome. I'm sure after staying in a 2 bdr villa you'll never want to stay anywhere else. Wish we get that lucky and they have over booked our resort. :rotfl2:

Enjoy your trip!

We got the same upgrade offer as the OP! We were scheduled to stay at FW next weekend (7/25-7/27) and got the call on Tuesday to upgrade to SSR 2BR. For the OP I think this is a great option for having 4 DD's with you. However, it is just my DH and I going, and we stayed in a studio at SSR last year. We absolutely loved SSR and the pools are fantastic. But we felt that since we recently stayed, we wanted to see if Disney would be able to offer us other options as they did for those who had to leave AKL last year. They gave me 3 alternate options: Studio at OKW, Studio at AKV, or 1BR at VWL. We took the 1BR at VWL. OKW is not a place that interests us, but we thought hard about AKV since we have never stated at AKL at all. We stayed at WL for our wedding and loved it, so we figure we will give VWL a try. We are still close to MK and are just a boat ride away from any activities we may still want to try at FW.

We are staying in a cabin from July 20th - July 30th. Nobody called us to upgrade so my question is what construction is going on?

I do not know what your rate was at FW but at AP rate I would guess it is about a $1800 upgrade (AP on the 2br SSR is $414/nt or $3312 for 8 nights). Hard not consider that a great upgrade.

bookwormde

My total package for 8 nites was $1476.00, so yes, I feel like I am getting a deal. We stay at FW probably about 8 yrs ago and really liked it but 4 DD's are now between the ages of 12 and 20 and I was a little concerned about the sharing of one bathroom, so I jumped at this opportunity. I probably should have held out for WL villa's. I love that area, but I am excited about trying something new and having that washing machine. I can pack light now.

We will be at SSR from 7/20-7/25. In a studio. This is a wonderful upgrade.
We've stayed in 2BRs there before and they're WONDERFUL. Full kitchen and
a W & D. You won't have to pack as much, just do a load in the evening.
Kids like to wear the same things over and over anyway. :thumbsup2
See you at the pool! :goodvibes

My total package for 8 nites was $1476.00, so yes, I feel like I am getting a deal. We stay at FW probably about 8 yrs ago and really liked it but 4 DD's are now between the ages of 12 and 20 and I was a little concerned about the sharing of one bathroom, so I jumped at this opportunity. I probably should have held out for WL villa's. I love that area, but I am excited about trying something new and having that washing machine. I can pack light now.

I think the move to SSR is a great upgrade, but I would call them back and ask if there are any 2 bedrooms avail at the VWL. Can't hurt to pursue it and the VWL experience is more like the cabins. With 4 DD's, you will love the 2 bedroom. Ask for the Springs or Grandstand sections, or Congress park if you want to be close to Downtown Disney.
Have fun! Murphy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter