Just for Fun: What's Your Heritage?

100% Polish.

All four grandparents were born in Poland and came to the US as children.

A little English, Scotch/Irish but mostly Czech...or rather Czech/Moravian as my Grandmother emphasized :)

Descendant of Irish (Great, great..) Grandmother, and English (Great, great..) Grandfather who settled in Newfoundland in the 1600's.
Ditto! (Unsure if it was 1600's but we have been in NL for centuries and some combo of british/irish)

English, Irish, Scottish, German, Dutch and a wee bit of Native American

100 % Slovak
Both parents were born there. My dad came here at age 7 and my mom at 17.

A little mix of European. For sure one set of great-grandparents on my mom's side immigrated here from Germany. A strong background from my dad's side is Swedish. The rest were here for longer, so heritage is harder to trace, but they say some Irish and Portuguese, and who knows what else :)

I have a French last name, but family research has found I have very little French in my ancestry. In addition to French, the parties involved are Walloon (Belgium) , English & Scottish.

My wife tells people she is Italian, but once again it's a minority. The parties involved with her are English & Irish in addition to the Italian.

I haven't researched it but what I know about is Swedish, Irish and French Canadian.

Heinz 57. Irish, English, Scot, German, French, maybe a few more, all northern Euro. Family lore says a touch of Native American but that's probably not true.

Ditto! (Unsure if it was 1600's but we have been in NL for centuries and some combo of british/irish)

My Great, great.. Grandmother was the daughter of an Irish King of the O'Connor clan. She was on her way to school in France when she was kidnapped by a Dutch privateer ship. The then Queen of England commissioned the pirate Captain Peter Easton (turned Privateer) to get her back. She was rescued then while onboard the pirate ship met, and married my Great, great.. Grandfather the ship's Lt. Gilbert Pike officiated by Captain Easton. They were taken to the Conception Bay area of Newfoundland, and lived their lives out there.

Last edited:
Just an idle question, but at what point do you just call yourself American or Canadian or British, or Romulan?

My ancestors have lived here since the 1700s, so after almost 300 years I feel pretty comfortable just saying I'm Canadian.

I dont know, the best i could make out there is lots of deception whos child is who :ssst:

Just an idle question, but at what point do you just call yourself American or Canadian or British, or Romulan?

My ancestors have lived here since the 1700s, so after almost 300 years I feel pretty comfortable just saying I'm Canadian.

I'm 100% Canadian and call myself that, though my dad was actually born in the U.S. But I think of heritage as where your ancestors as far back as you know, originated from.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter