Just for Fun: What's Your Heritage?

Chickasaw, Cherokee, Irish, English and who knows what else...

My paternal grandmother (was) and one of my aunts is very into genealogy and traced my father's ancestry back to the 1300's. Anne Boleyn is one of my great, great, great (and so on) aunts and one of my great, great, great (and so on) uncles was a chief of the Chickasaw tribe.

I am 1/16th Chickasaw and I am a member of the tribe. I am actually more Cherokee than Chickasaws, the Chickasaws do not have a minimum blood quantum to be a tribal member. My grandmother helped write the modern day constitution and made sure that all of her descendants were eligible to be members of the tribe. She was very proud of her native american heritage and had very fond memories of her grandfather who was a full blood Chickasaw. The Cherokee comes from my mother's side but her ancestors did not sign the Dawes Act of 1887 and are not recognized as native american by the BIA.

The parts I know of are Italian, Irish and Welsh. Going to do the DNA test sometime to see how much of which and what else maybe hiding inside

A thoroughly diluted mixture of Eastern European. Ukrainian, Polish, Russian, Lithuanian, Czech, Slovakian, Hungarian and others. Maybe even Italian. A cousin has been researching for years and provides periodic updates. Supposedly one of my great-great grandfathers was really the illegitimate child of his father's Italian mistress.

Mom always told me I was a little bit Osage Indian (I know now to say Native American) , a little bit Viking (really Mom??) and a lot of British Isles. :)

The only thing I know for sure is my maternal Grandmother's family was Swedish. DH's family is German.

1/2 Swedish and 1/2 Hungarian

According to my DNA:

Europe 99%

• Europe West 64%
  • Ireland 22%
  • Great Britain 9%
Trace Regions 4%
  • Iberian Peninsula 2%
  • Italy/Greece 1%
  • Finland/Northwest Russia < 1%
West Asia < 1%

Trace Regions < 1%
  • Caucasus < 1%

Based on my family tree, I'd guess the Western European is probably about 75% German and 25% Dutch, Danish, Swedish and French.

Last edited:

My mom was 3-4ths German and 1-4th Polish.

My dad was part-Scottish and part-Irish. I'm not sure of the rest of his ancestry, though. I've been told that I look Native American, and usually in a bigoted way.

Scottish, Irish, French, Jewish (German). Lucky DH is Cherokee (his grandmother is 100% Cherokee) and Welsh.

1/2 Italian from my moms side. My dads side is a mix and I guess at the amount-1/4 Hungarian, may be less but I know my dads mom was Hungarian, not sure if 100%;1/4 Canadian French and 1/4 English although those might be less, not sure.

Past names that don't reflect my current or past name are DiDonato, Vitalie, Ligouri, charbonneau, senecal, shoot there are a few more but I can't recall now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter