Just called my guide..

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by babesboo99, Apr 17, 2013.

1. babesboo99

babesboo99 Veteren Disney Vacationer

I am on the waitlist for 50pt BCV . I went on the wait list just a few days after you so you are before me. Like I said before my guide said there are about 7 or so ahead of me I can only assume you are one of them.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. Sur

Sur Love the Dis

Doesn't UY factor in? If a UY comes up faster, the points are allocated?

4. babesboo99

I thought so too. I am not sure we are looking for a Oct or Sept use year

5. NoleFan

NoleFan DIS Veteran

Lots of BCV resale contract came up for sale today. Wonder if that is what your guide was talking about. They have been scarce in the last month or so & now lots pop up.

6. babesboo99

I have been looking at all the resale listings through all the brokers (or at least what they show online) and your right it has been scarce . I haven't looked today but after you saying that I will go and look it up. It's a possibility, maybe they plan on scooping some up.

7. NoleFan

NoleFan DIS Veteran

8. PCMama

PCMama Mouseketeer

9. Caren90

Caren90 DIS Veteran

Yes they do, including the same thing over and over again... I get that they buy many of these points back through
    rofr, but they shine them up and sell them as brand new at double their purchase price and the kicker is, they are points they had sold in the first place.
    It is a great business model.

Stephen

10. erikawolf2004

erikawolf2004 DIS Veteran

We are on the waitlist for 125 points but told them we would take it in 25 and 50 point contracts.

I will let you know when we hear something.

11. Timeflys4us

Timeflys4us Earning My Ears

Called my guide again today - states that while the number of people on the list ahead of me has shrunk considerably in size (and likewise behind me has grown in size), still not able to tell me how many people are actually ahead - states it could be a couple of more weeks, or months. Would just be guessing otherwise. Very hard to sit back and just wait.

12. ELMC

ELMC DIS Veteran

One of the biggest advantages of a direct purchase is the ability to get and use points immediately. If your wait is going to equal (or exceed) that of resale, would you consider buying resale?

13. disneynutz

disneynutz DIS Veteran DIS Lifetime Sponsor

I wonder if there really is a shortage or is it an effort to increase older resort prices to decrease the cost spread between the newer resorts and the older ones.

Seems odd that there is a direct buy waiting list and Disney decides to advertise the older resorts, something that they haven't recently done.

:earsboy: Bill

14. Timeflys4us

I am on the resale waiting list at TTS as well - still no calls from that source either. Seems when something does appear, it has already been sold. Very frustrating process.

15. icouldlivethere

icouldlivethere Mouseketeer

We went on the wait list for 25 Oct. BWV points on March 19, the last day you could lock in the old price. I was talking to my guide a couple of days ago and he was kind enough to check the wait list to see how far along we were.

I can see why guides don't like checking the wait lists because it was a time consuming process. First he had to find the BWV list on his screen which took time and then he had to manually search through it for my use year. He said there was a page and a half of people waiting for BWV points and then he was kind enough to offer to look through the list to see how many ahead of me were waiting for Oct. BWV points.

I was told we had 9 people ahead of us waiting for BWV Oct. use year points. He also said the first person on the list waiting for BWV Oct. use year points went on the list on March 1st and wanted 60 points.

What I don't understand is for a while there it seemed like most resale contracts for most of the resorts were being ROFR'd by Disney but now it seems like most are starting to get passed again but there are still a lot of people waiting on wait lists for direct buys. Maybe they just have to close yet on all the contracts they recently ROFR'd before they can divide them up and sell them to us. Who knows.

16. z28wiz

z28wiz DIS Veteran DVC Gold

I wonder if they want to have the six months go by and prices are no longer locked. So they can get the higher amounts. I bet people will still take it a higher per point

17. babesboo99

If I happen to go past the 6 months( I am very much hoping that does not happen) I don't think I would buy at the new price

18. dbs1228

dbs1228 DIS Veteran

There was about 2 -3 weeks of ROFR and now it seems to have tapered off and yet so many still post they are on the waiting list! Below is a contract that JUST passed why is Disney not taking it seems like a few out there are looking for OCT UY and SELLER was paying MF and closing cost.

ProfessorChris---250 BCV (Oct), $62, 86 banked 12 pts, all 13 & 14 pts, buyer pays admin fee, seller pays closing & mf (sub 4/10, passed 4/30)

19. bakerworld

bakerworld DIS Veteran

Yes, I agree - DH doesn't want to deal with resale nor does he want to dump a bunch of cash. He likes to finance and pay it off over 2 years. BUT if direct is too high then I'll have a basis to force trying a resale and then it will be just waiting for the 40 / 50 pointer to show

20. Timeflys4us

ProfessorChris---250 BCV (Oct), $62, 86 banked 12 pts, all 13 & 14 pts, buyer pays admin fee, seller pays closing & mf (sub 4/10, passed 4/30)[/QUOTE]

While I was happy for the person who got this great deal through, it made no sense for Disney to let it happen. Even at the the old price of $115.00 per point, Disney would have stood to make $53.00 a point profit if it exercised its ROFR, or as I calculate it, a total profit on this contract of at least $13,250.00 if purchased. Plus when you consider that the Seller was paying for closing costs and maintenance fee, Disney was making even more money. Just how much is enough? Clearly, members on this board (including myself) don't understand what Disney's criteria for exercising its ROFR really are, or else somebody at Disney was asleep on the job.

21. Timeflys4us

It has been about 3 week since I last spoke to, or heard from, my guide. Have you heard anything further from your guide as to where you stand on the wait list for bcv?