Just back - my thoughts on the new buns

LiteBrite

DIS Veteran
We were at the World last week, and I was really curious to see how the new wheat buns I had heard so much about tasted.

Disclaimer: I am a lover of whole grain products, and I avoid white flour whenever possible. This means that I normally don't eat a lot of sandwiches or pizza at WDW, and if I get a burger or a dog, I usually just don't eat the bun at all.

I knew that the new buns weren't going to be the 100% whole grain that I prefer, but eating something that's only partially whole grain is my personal version of "I'm on vacation, so I'll cheat a little". :rotfl2:

I had hot dogs twice with the wheat buns, and Pizza Planet pizza with the wheat crust once, and I loved them all! I thought the buns were soft and tasted great, and the pizza was a real treat.

I do have to admit that one of the hot dog buns did break apart a little bit, but it wasn't that big of a deal to me - I just ate it a little more carefully. The bun that broke apart was at Casey's, the other hot dog I got was from a cart in Epcot, and both were delicious.

I know I'm probably in the minority, but I just wanted to express that at least some of us actually like the change. :thumbsup2

We were at Disney World 10 days ago. I had one hamburger at Pecos Bills, and the bun did fall apart as I was trying to put mustard on it. But I thought it was still pretty tasty.

This is good to hear. Thanks for posting! I always try to buy whole grain breads and such when doing my normal grocery shopping, not that I think eating a whole grain bun with a hot dog or hamburger is really healthy, but at least it's not a processed white flour bun, so it's a little better than the alternative if we're already going to be splurging on burgers and dogs. From the other descriptions on here so far, I've been picturing a hot dog bun that vaporizes into dust at the first bite! Your post gives me hope that it's not that bad!

had a burger last week in Disney and the bun was not bad......I would of preferred a good ol' fashion white bread bun but this was good......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter