Just back from the Wonder (4-20)

2boyshere said:
Hey WVMD, I don't see that Atlantis excursion on the web site. Where did you see it?

It was listed with the excursions on the sheet when we boarded. I agree that it is quite pricey - but it was a last minute thing to do once we saw it. Planning in advance and getting a room at the Comfort Suites would have been cheaper if I went too....

BTW - great report - forgot to say that!

Virgil
pirate:

Thanks so much for your report. We are going into Nassau on another cruise line in Nov. I have booked a room at the Comfort Suites and was looking for reports by people who had done it. We also did the Dolphin Swin during our 4 night Wonder Cruise in Dec and loved it.

How long was the walk from the Comfort Suites to the Atlantis resort?

Also do you happen to remember what time you were allowed ashore?

I was able to get a AAA rate for 193.50 + tax + energy + housekeeping fee -
It will be about $250 for the three of us (maybe less if DD is not charged the energy and housekeeping fees).

It's a short walk down the hallway of CS and outside. cross over and go up to the entrance. 5 min but then please understand it's alot of walking the whole day. The place is HUGE and depending on where you start (we went to the myan temple (sp?) which was quite a hike once we go there. But......it's nice walking, the landscaping was beautiful and it's a very nice place. We would for sure opt to do this again in the future!

WVMD said:
We were on the same cruise and I'd add the following:

1. There is now a Disney excursion to Atlantis that allows you to use their pools/slides - it is quite pricey at $120/pp. DW/DD did it and had a blast - I tried to walk in just to say hello - and I was refused entrance - not to even take a picture... Oh well....

2. We had the PTTA rotation - and first time (and last time) on early dinner... Just didn't like it - well - DW liked that it was easier on her stomach - but not for the shows and such.

3. We really didn't notice the seas being rough - a little motion 3-4ft seas when we crossed the gulf stream - but nothing like Easter 2004 when we had 20 ft seas......

4. 4 days is way too short of a cruise for us - I realize that the 10 day spoiled us - but it seemed like we were starting to pack once we got settled.....

5. We're batting 50% 2 out of 4 sunny days at CC - and only 25% on excursions being open - hopefully the Double Scoop cruise will allow us to do something - but even though it was windy it was nice and warm in the sun.

6. Had a great concierge team - Alex and Sergio - very good!

Virgil
pirate:

WVMD and Original poster,

Who were your servers? did you like them? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter