Just back from the Wonder (4-20)

2boyshere

Mouseketeer
We just arrived home from the 4 night Wonder which was our 2nd cruise (3 night last year). We had a great, great time! There were 10 of us in 3 rooms. 5520, 5522 & 5524 which are so great with the "secret portholes". I loved the natural light and do not want an inside cabin again. 5520 my room was hardly obstructed at all! We stayed at Ron Jon's the night before and that place is incredible. The pictures do not do it justice. We had a great day at the pools and the beach. We ate right there and it was decent food. The 2 bedroom suites was unbelievable and our room was overlooking the canal. We watched the Magic depart on Sat and some other ships. I drove them all to the port (5 min/12 pass van) the next morning and dropped them off at about 11am. I then drove the van to Budget and took the shuttle back. Very easy and about 30 minutes total. Pat, the manager at Budget even stored the 3 car seats in her office so we didn't have to take them on the ship. We were in boarding group #4 and were on the ship by 11:50am. Had lunch and wandered around and got into room at 1:25. Our luggage came around 3 so I was all unpacked by the drill. I love the location also of these staterooms, so easy to get everywhere and close to elevator. Next day, Nassau and I had booked rooms at Comfort Suites so we could do Atlantis. It was great! We paid $4 pp to get there and back and spent the entire day in the pools and ended up at the beach at Atlantis. It was beautiful, great and the kids loved it. The Dig was cool and the lobbies are beautiful! We made a good decision for this day. The weather was perfect every day of the cruise. Next day Castaway and we had a prime spot with an umbrella, hammock and 3 chairs. DH got off early to get the spot. We hung here for the day and some did snorkel. (all excursions were cancelled due to the wind). While they were snorkeling a man had some bread which he put in the water and lots of fish came real close. They thought that was way cool. Wed was sea day, a bit cloudy at first but great later. DH and I did Palo's for brunch which was great. Not impressed with the desserts though, too fancy for us. Also, the crab legs are served cold, next to the shrimp and I prefer hot crab legs. I did ask for melted butter which they brought. The filet was excellent and DH had chicken cat. I really liked the pizza also. We got the one with Cherry tomatoes. Yum. I just hung by the Adult pool for most of the afternoon while kids were doing their thing. I never got to do this on the 3 day, no time. The seas were a bit rough the last night (during the show) and then continued through the night. Even though we had patches on, I got nervous and took draminine and was fine. We left ship around 8:45 and I took the shuttle to Budget, got the van and came back to pick everyone up. We were at the Disney Market place by 11am and stayed till 1:30 where we left for MCO and our flight home. FYI; MCO was crazy, the security line was very long. I would say it took 45 minutes to get to the gate once we arrived. We checked in at a S-West Kiosk and then waited a long time to get through security. Happy to answer any questions anyone may have.

Thanks for the report. DH, DD3 and I are going on the 3 day Wonder cruise in December. I was thinking about staying on the ship for the Nassau day but I am curious about the Atlantis Hotel. Could you give more info on the Atlantis and how to book the Comfort Inn for the day? TIA.

Sounds like you had a great trip!

2boyshere said:
..... Next day, Nassau and I had booked rooms at Comfort Suites so we could do Atlantis. It was great! We paid $4 pp to get there and back and spent the entire day in the pools and ended up at the beach at Atlantis. It was beautiful, great and the kids loved it. The Dig was cool and the lobbies are beautiful! We made a good decision for this day.......

We are interested in doing this also. But when I looked on the Comfort Suites website it says that check-in time isn't until 3 pm.
How did you do it? Can you use the facilities before the actual check-in time?

Thanks for the report love reading as wonder reports as we are going on the 3 day wonder in Oct for the first time

did you do alantis the first time as well

For those of you who want to go to Atlantis and have access to everything there you have to book a room at Comfort Suites or sometimes there may be a day room available at Atlantis when you get there but it is not guaranteed. I knew there would not be any for us as we were going spring break. I booked on line and payed $225 (plus all the taxes which are hefty). I sat in the hot tub with a couple on our sea day who took a cab to Altantis to see if they could get a room and they couldn't. We checked in to Comfort Suites at 10am and walked over to Altantis showed the cards CS gave us and got our wristbands for the day. They have people stationed at all entrances to the pools to check for these. We got Atlantis towels and spent the day doing all the things there. If you book a Disney Atlantis excursion you will not have access to the pools/slides. It only cost a little more than we would have paid thru Disney and we had the access. You don't get lunch like you would with the Disney excursion but I brought a small soft cooler with some fruit and we bought lunch at the pool. It was $40 for 4 of us and I have 2 teens. Not too bad. Last year we did the dolphin encounter at Blue Lagoon which was fun too. I think this answers all the questions.

Great report!! Thanks for taking time to write it! Your trip sounds "Wonder"-ful. We are traveling with friends this summer and have the same SPH rooms as you. I was the one who knew about them from the Dis and I got assigned 5524...the most obstructed... thats gratitude for ya! :rolleyes: Actually, when we booked I didn't know some were more obstructed than the others or I would have requested. Could you tell me more about 5524, please!! Thanks a bunch!!

Oh yeah, did you happen to hear anything about the Blackbeard's Cay Stingray excursion?? Any info would be appreciated!! :wizard:

Barbmouse:
My sister was in 5524 so I really don't know how obstructed it was but there was plenty of light. I had 5520 and it was barely obstructed at all. 5524 has a steamer trunk and I did not. I don't know anything about the Stingray or BB, sorry.

We are doing the 3 day Wonder June 1st, and I have also booked a room at Comfort Suites so that my family can do Atlantis. I am so excited to hear that you thought it was well worth it. I've read a few negative posts about it, but quite honestly, I think my kids are more excited about Atlantis at this point than they are the cruise itself! Of course, we've never cruised before, so I hope we are just as excited about it when we see the ship!

Thank you so much for posting the cost of the cab and lunch at Atlantis. We are a family of four also, so it is nice to know what we can expect. Did you have early or late seating? What time did you leave Atlantis to head back to the ship? Did you feel like you had plenty of time at Atlantis?

Thanks for posting. I'll look forward to hearing more! :)

We had 5:45 dinner but had decided that we would not rush back to go to dinner. On the 4 night your 2nd and 3rd night is at the same rest so we weren't going to miss Parrot Cay (we had APPT). We left the beach about 5:30 to start walking to the lobby to get a cab. (all aboard was 7pm)There is alot of walking involved at Atlantis but we had a great day. We started the day at one of the pools and then moved later to do the dig, lazy river, other pools and then the beautiful beach. The weather was perfect. We also walked through the lobbys. We thought the pools and landscaping at Altantis reminded us of Typhoon Lagoon. If you bring a small soft cooler you can take some snacks/fruit with you. Water was pricey at Atlantis but all in all it's what I would expect from a resort of that caliber and $400-$500 a night to stay there! We ate on deck 9 when we returned and showered and everyone was happy. When you go to get the cab just agree on the $4 pp and that includes the $1 toll. It was about a 8 min ride. We had a burger, grilled chicken, 2- 8 piece nuggets, 2 fries and I had a snapple and 3 waters.

Thanks so much for all of the info! I am REALLY starting to get excited about this trip. :thumbsup2 We have late dining, so I hope we can make it back in plenty of time. Do you know what time the show is if you have late dining? I don't want to miss one of them since we are only doing a 3 night cruise. Thanks again for all of your help!

Thanks again for answering my questions. The disboard is more help than any of the books I've bought for WDW, DL, or DCL. :thumbsup2

Thank you for the review!
I was wondering, could you tell me what restaurant you were in each night and what show was in the Walt Disney Theater each night? I am trying to schedule Palo for a night of a show I have already seen. Also have you ever seen anyone post a recent 4 day navitator? Thanks!

Hollyster2 said:
Also have you ever seen anyone post a recent 4 day navitator? Thanks!

interested in this myself. we leave 6/18 and have not seen a recent navigator anywhere ?

We had APPT rotation and the shows were the comedy guy, Hercules, Golden Mickeys and Disney dreams. I'm not sure about a navigator. I did like the new format though.

We were on the same cruise and I'd add the following:

1. There is now a Disney excursion to Atlantis that allows you to use their pools/slides - it is quite pricey at $120/pp. DW/DD did it and had a blast - I tried to walk in just to say hello - and I was refused entrance - not to even take a picture... Oh well....

2. We had the PTTA rotation - and first time (and last time) on early dinner... Just didn't like it - well - DW liked that it was easier on her stomach - but not for the shows and such.

3. We really didn't notice the seas being rough - a little motion 3-4ft seas when we crossed the gulf stream - but nothing like Easter 2004 when we had 20 ft seas......

4. 4 days is way too short of a cruise for us - I realize that the 10 day spoiled us - but it seemed like we were starting to pack once we got settled.....

5. We're batting 50% 2 out of 4 sunny days at CC - and only 25% on excursions being open - hopefully the Double Scoop cruise will allow us to do something - but even though it was windy it was nice and warm in the sun.

6. Had a great concierge team - Alex and Sergio - very good!

Virgil
pirate:

Did you repeat Parrot Cay on the second and third nights?
Thanks for your response!!!

We have early seating for the first time this sailing. Are the shows spaced very far apart from the dinner time?

To the OP I loved your your report, thanks so much. We, family of 4 did the 3 night last year spring break. We really had no time to enjoy the ship so I am so excited about our up coming 7 night western :banana: :banana: :banana:21 days away. Our 3 night was a wonderful trip evan though is was too short.

Yes, the 2nd and 3rd night is the same rest. Our dinner was at 5:45 and we had time before the show to walk around, relax, etc..

WOW $120pp to do Atlantis thr Disney, that would have been $480 for us. Cheaper the way we did it for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter