• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Just back from Polynesian May 5-12, 2007

We were at the Poly the exact same time. Had the same problems with housekeeping. My daughter ate her pop tart in bed one morning and that night when she climbed in there was still pop tart crumbs in bed. Now I know I shouldn't let her eat in bed but hey we were on vacation!! On the pool hopping issue - YES lots of people from other resorts where in the volcano pool. I myself didn't swim much but my husband and daughter did. He said everytime they were swimming he would hear other people talking about what hotel they were staying at. We were never once asked for a room key either. We also heard several people discussing which pool they were going to go swim at the next day. Most of these conversations happened while we were on the monorail.

That really annoys about the pool hopping because it makes the pool area so crowded:sad2: .I have heard and seen many pool hoppers. And no I'm not being nosy (busy with my kids) but it's hard to miss or not overhear. I tip because I want a clean room, the towel animals are not a big deal even though the kids like them. We got them at WL a few times and their housekeeping was great but that was in 2003, so it might have changed. My family likes Polynesian better though.

Thanks for the great report! We are going to the Poly this July and it is always great to hear so many good things about it.

~Simon :)

As for towel animals:

If you stop by the GCH in the afternoon many times there are Cleaning CMs making them by the kids TV area. In fact, on our last trip my DD7 got to help make them with the cleaning CMs. She really enjoyed it. They let her choose two of them to take back with us to our room. The CM I spoke to said they make them right there each day to distribute to the rooms they clean.

If you really want a towel animal it would be one place to check for them.

Honeypot - the weekend of Aug 5 is sold out on the website. Its been that way for over a month now (I've been checking too). Change your dates taking out the weekend and it should work. Otherwise you could call the CRO and see if they have anything available that way.

Does anyone know if there is typically any type of discount in October for deluxe resorts like Poly? I would absolutely love to stay at the Poly for the last night or two in October, but I do not think I will be able to w/out a discount of some kind.

Thanks!

p.s. I absolutely love the TikiMan website. That is great! I also enjoyed the 'WDW Radio Show' Podcast Interview w/ Tikiman a little while back. Really made me want to stay at the Poly! Actually I've been wanting to stay there since a was a little kid, but haven't had the pleasure yet!

oh I remembered something to tell you guys.

the water pressure in the shower was GREAT !! it about knocked you over as opposed to barely a trickle....which it usually is in some hotels.

it was really nice !!

That's totally opposite of ours. The water pressure was awful in Tahiti. I couldn't wait to get home and take a real shower. I think its so weird how different each building is, I wonder if its different in each building also or if it matters what floor or side of the building you are on?

Thanks CoolPool. I will check out other weekends. I thought maybe there was some construction or something going on that week.

If your dates are a little earlier and you want a bit of a discount you could check out Tikifest's group rate too. Go to the tikiman's site and see if they still have anything available. :wave2: -ducking to avoid a ton of bricks falling on my head.

So great to hear about your wonderful stay in Tokelau. We requested it as well for our stay in late April but ended up in Rapa Nui in our requested 3rd floor adjoining rooms. We had a lovely view of Tahiti and loved the room size and double sinks in the bathroom plus the very quiet and convenient parking lot right outside.

Mousekeeping for us was excellent! We had an ALOHA greeting on our bathtowels when we arrived and lots of animals plus my daughters stuffed toys were always creatively arranged each day. We met our mousekeeper in the hallway one day and had a long talk with her and she sat down with us and showed us how she made her animals and did a special bunny right on the spot for my daughter. On our last day she made myself and my MIL special animals to take home as an 'early Mother's day gift'. They were a tigger and a pirate goofy made with coloured cloths. She really added to the magic of our trip in a big way.

Pictures are on my site if anyone is interested in seeing.

http://s157.photobucket.com/albums/t48/jlarsen_1968/Disney%20April%202007/

Just wanted to share this so everyone knows the towel animals are around...:thumbsup2

Per the pool situation if you want it corrected, complain to Disney. Email them. I have a friend in Guest Communciations and we spoke recently of this issue and he was amazed anyone thought it was a problem, as he said they get very few complaints about it.

Until the paying guests starting complaining it will continue and get worse.

That's totally opposite of ours. The water pressure was awful in Tahiti. I couldn't wait to get home and take a real shower. I think its so weird how different each building is, I wonder if its different in each building also or if it matters what floor or side of the building you are on?

I thought maybe it was because we were on the third floor??? or that we were close to the main water pressure system (can't remember the name) its the system that shoots the water to other rooms/floors. I read on a travel site once to ask for the floor with that thing on it and you will have great water pressure. who knows.:)

I read somewhere once, I forget where, that how much pressure you get in a hotel depends on how close you are to the water pump thingies does that make sense? LOL My husband is an engineer and he says that the farther away you are from the location where the water comes in, the lower the pressure. He also said that technically the lower you are the higher the pressure of the water (don't ask me, he's the professional LOL) so maybe that explains some of the water mystery.

I'm rambling. I should go to bed LOL.

DOH! and apparently I'm so tired I missed where Kim mentioned the pump station thingie. Sorry *giggle*

Laren

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter