Just back from CBR (Jan 20-27) and did not. . .

Glad you had a wonderful time. We will be staying here for the 1st time as well in August. After reading your trip report, I feel better about my resort choice. I wasn't sure about the busing because the resort is so spread out.

Thank you for easing my concerns.

Thank you! :)

Don't worry -- there's always a bus stop near you and the buses are great!

Have a fantastic trip! :thumbsup2

My husband and I stayed at CBR way back in 1999, now we're taking our children end of April, beginning of may..I can't wait! We did go to WDW two years ago and stayed at POP. POP was nice but I can't wait to go to CBR, my husband surprised us with the pirate room! My boys are 5 and 3 and the love pirates (and Buzz light year!) lol
Your report was a great one..I just wanted to say thanks for getting me more excited!

My husband and I stayed at CBR way back in 1999, now we're taking our children end of April, beginning of may..I can't wait! We did go to WDW two years ago and stayed at POP. POP was nice but I can't wait to go to CBR, my husband surprised us with the pirate room! My boys are 5 and 3 and the love pirates (and Buzz light year!) lol
Your report was a great one..I just wanted to say thanks for getting me more excited!

Glad you enjoyed the review. :goodvibes

Sounds like a wonderful trip you have coming up!! pirate: Have a great time!

Thanks for your great report. Can't wait to try CBR this year!!!:thumbsup2 The kid pool sounds awesome. DGD(5) will LOVE it! Now how will I get her to leave the pool and go to the Parks?? LOL

Thanks for your great report. Can't wait to try CBR this year!!!:thumbsup2 The kid pool sounds awesome. DGD(5) will LOVE it! Now how will I get her to leave the pool and go to the Parks?? LOL

Glad you enjoyed the report! :goodvibes

I have that problem too, the kids always want to stay in the pool! :upsidedow:rotfl:

My daughter and I are heading to CBR in July, and we absolutely love this resort. I really enjoyed reading your trip report and am looking forward to seeing the new pool. We haven't been to Disney since 2007 so we are excited to see the changes. Thanks again!!

My daughter and I are heading to CBR in July, and we absolutely love this resort. I really enjoyed reading your trip report and am looking forward to seeing the new pool. We haven't been to Disney since 2007 so we are excited to see the changes. Thanks again!!

Have a great time! :goodvibes Enjoy that new pool ~ It is pretty awesome!! :cool1:

Great Trip Report!!!!!
I remember seeing you post pics of your boys (I think it was you) on the pirate cruise awhile back and seeing those helped me decide to sign my DD6 up for it. She LOVED it! I think it is a great thing to offer for kids to have a little time away from mom and dad.

:yay:

Great Trip Report!!!!!
I remember seeing you post pics of your boys (I think it was you) on the pirate cruise awhile back and seeing those helped me decide to sign my DD6 up for it. She LOVED it! I think it is a great thing to offer for kids to have a little time away from mom and dad.

:yay:

Thanks!! :goodvibes

I'm so glad your DD loved the pirate cruise! pirate:

I'm booking my first moderate stay tomorrow and am frantically trying to decide between POR and CBR. I had finally decided on POR because of the trundle bed and boat to DTD but now I have completely changed my mind to CBR after reading this entire thread.:laughing:

What size air mattress did you use? Are there rooms facing the parking lots and if so, how bad is the view? If I just request the same buildings that you were in, would that alleviate this problem or do some of those rooms face the parking lot, too? Did you say it was about a 5 minute drive to Epcot?

Thanks for any help. Both resorts look so nice that it is a hard decision, especially since we usually stay off-site and I am not sure when I will get another chance to stay on-site again.

We're heading down to CBR in two weeks and I am SO excited!!! I haven't stayed there since I was a little girl in 1988 and DH hasn't stayed there yet. I know my kids are going to LOVE the new pool. So excited!!

I'm booking my first moderate stay tomorrow and am frantically trying to decide between POR and CBR. I had finally decided on POR because of the trundle bed and boat to DTD but now I have completely changed my mind to CBR after reading this entire thread.:laughing:

What size air mattress did you use? Are there rooms facing the parking lots and if so, how bad is the view? If I just request the same buildings that you were in, would that alleviate this problem or do some of those rooms face the parking lot, too? Did you say it was about a 5 minute drive to Epcot?

Thanks for any help. Both resorts look so nice that it is a hard decision, especially since we usually stay off-site and I am not sure when I will get another chance to stay on-site again.

Hello there :wave:

Wow you've got a big decision. . . In my opinion CBR and POR are the 2 best moderates, so I'd say you really can't go wrong with either! :thumbsup2

But, to answer your questions:
We use a twin air mattress.

There are rooms facing the parking lots at CBR, but things are so spread out and the resort is so lush that I wouldn't worry about it there. Actually our room was probably considered a parking lot view and we had to look pretty hard to see the parking lot. We have never had an issue with traffic noise at CBR. You can always take a look at the CBR map and you will easily be able to see what buildings face a parking lot and which ones don't and go from there with your requests. . .

Yes, CBR is VERY close to Epcot and even closer to DHS. 5 minutes to Epcot (once you leave the resort) and 3 to DHS.

Good luck with your decision. I'd say to go with whichever theme appeals to you the most and hope for the best. Both are great resorts! :goodvibes

We're heading down to CBR in two weeks and I am SO excited!!! I haven't stayed there since I was a little girl in 1988 and DH hasn't stayed there yet. I know my kids are going to LOVE the new pool. So excited!!

Have a great trip!! :wizard:

Thank you so much for the great information and review. We are trying to narrow down our resort for a early December trip (5th-11th).

Would anyone be able to tell me if the CBR is fairly similar in size to Port Orleans Riverside?

Right now we are trying to decide between Caribbean Beach Resort and Coronado Springs Resort. I understanding during this time is when the Pop Warner group will be at Disney. I have read conflicting information that they mainly stay at All-Stars and Port Orleans, but I also read that the over flow was Caribbean Beach Resort... can anyone provide information?

It will be myself, wife and 3-year old daughter and we are getting very excited.

Again - thanks for this review we are leaning towards the Caribbean Resort as of now, just need to settle it.

Thanks!

Mike

You're welcome! :goodvibes I hope the review was helpful to you!

Yes, CBR is very similar in size to POR. Actually in acreage CBR is probably bigger because of the huge lake in the middle of the resort. But it is laid out differently than POR. I would say at either resort from the furthest building out it might be about a 10 minute walk to the main area. (at CSR too) We have never had a more than 5 minute walk to get to anything within any of the moderates.

We have stayed at all the moderates and I definitely recommend CBR over CSR anyday. We love the theme more, the location better, the rooms better, and just the over all more family friendly atmosphere. It's very relaxing too. We love being able to watch IllumiNations from a hammock by the lake. :cloud9:

Good luck to you! :wizard:

This is a great report! I have not read it all yet so forgive me if this has already been asked but I am very interested in the pirate adventure thing. Do you have to make reservations ahead of time or coud you decide the day before or even the morning of and still be able to get on? We will be there the third week in Oct. if that might make a difference.
Thanks!

This is a great report! I have not read it all yet so forgive me if this has already been asked but I am very interested in the pirate adventure thing. Do you have to make reservations ahead of time or coud you decide the day before or even the morning of and still be able to get on? We will be there the third week in Oct. if that might make a difference.
Thanks!

Thank you! :)

I would call as soon as you can. You can reserve this up to 6 months in advance, so it can get full/sold out ahead of time. You can chance it if you want and wait until you get there, but I probably wouldn't. You can just call the dining line to book it.

Good luck! pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter