Just back from CBR (Jan 20-27) and did not. . .

Thanks for the great review! About 4 seconds into reading it DD (9, w/b 10 when we're at WDW) declared her undying allegiance to CBR. I was considering staying off-property for our upcoming trip as I won 8 free nights w/ Hampton Inns but I want Disney Dining, transporation, and Magical Express. (I think we're going to keep the free Hampton Nights for when we travel with DD's Irish Dance competitions.)
Looking forward to actually being able to book the darn thing...:surfweb:

Thanks for the review - CBR was our first Disney Resort in 2002 and now we are staying there again next month. Your review has me get even more excited for our 8 night stay. I am so excited. I need to call and try to shedule the pirate thingy for our DD. Is this just for kids or do parents tag along too? I guess I need to do a little more research don't I?
Thanks again and Have a Disney Day, Renee :wizard:

Thanks for the great review! About 4 seconds into reading it DD (9, w/b 10 when we're at WDW) declared her undying allegiance to CBR. I was considering staying off-property for our upcoming trip as I won 8 free nights w/ Hampton Inns but I want Disney Dining, transporation, and Magical Express. (I think we're going to keep the free Hampton Nights for when we travel with DD's Irish Dance competitions.)
Looking forward to actually being able to book the darn thing...:surfweb:

Thanks! :goodvibes Glad you, and your DD, enjoyed the review!

Have a wonderful trip! :cool1:

Thanks for the review - CBR was our first Disney Resort in 2002 and now we are staying there again next month. Your review has me get even more excited for our 8 night stay. I am so excited. I need to call and try to shedule the pirate thingy for our DD. Is this just for kids or do parents tag along too? I guess I need to do a little more research don't I?
Thanks again and Have a Disney Day, Renee :wizard:

You're welcome! :) The pirate cruise is just for kids. So you can enjoy some quiet time, or if you want you can follow the boat around on land. You can see it from the shore the entire time. It really is a lot of fun for them! pirate:

I was hoping you could tell me where to go at CBR to be able to see illuminations? We would love to sit on the beach or lay on a hammock and see the fireworks. I know there are a ways off but still would like to do this. Thanks!

We will be at the CBR in 9 days! :yay: We haven't stayed there since 2003, so it will be like our first time all over again. Can't wait for my grandkids to try the new kiddie pool.

You're welcome! :) The pirate cruise is just for kids. So you can enjoy some quiet time, or if you want you can follow the boat around on land. You can see it from the shore the entire time. It really is a lot of fun for them! pirate:
[/QUOTE]

I can't find any information for this pirate cruise - you wouldn't happen to have a link of some sort about it would you? Maybe they discontinued it possibly? Does anyone know?

I was hoping you could tell me where to go at CBR to be able to see illuminations? We would love to sit on the beach or lay on a hammock and see the fireworks. I know there are a ways off but still would like to do this. Thanks!

We watched them from a hammock on the Jamaica beach, but you can see them from many spots at the resort - Jamaica, Aruba, OPR, the bridge, the pool, etc. :goodvibes

We will be at the CBR in 9 days! :yay: We haven't stayed there since 2003, so it will be like our first time all over again. Can't wait for my grandkids to try the new kiddie pool.

9 days!!! :cool1: Awesome -- Have fun!

I can't find any information for this pirate cruise - you wouldn't happen to have a link of some sort about it would you? Maybe they discontinued it possibly? Does anyone know?

As far as I know they still do it - Sunday, Tuesday, and Friday mornings! Here are a few links:

http://allears.net/btp/spcruise.htm

http://www.wdwinfo.com/just_for_kids/piratecruise.htm

What a great thread thanks!!! I showed my niece the pool pictures and her response was WOW THAT"S A WHOLE LOT OF WATER!!!

I thought that was cute - can't wait til she sees it in person

What a great thread thanks!!! I showed my niece the pool pictures and her response was WOW THAT"S A WHOLE LOT OF WATER!!!

I thought that was cute - can't wait til she sees it in person

Glad you enjoyed!! The pool sure is awesome! :thumbsup2

Have a great trip! :goodvibes

These pictures are great and helpful since I am trying to decide on staying at CBR for the first time! My kids (10, 12) loved the slide at CSR so I was wondering how long is the larger slide at CBR compared to the one at CSR?

Love all the photos!!! WE are going to CBR for the first time Sept 24th-Oct1st
This is our first trip to Disney!! My boys are 7 and 9. We are going for mine and hubbys 6th wedding Annv( oct1st) and the boys early Bday ( Oct 17th and Nov 7th)

My questions is: My oldest does have muscel issues so walking isnt his strong point... So which buliding would be the best to stay at?? ( close to the main pool and food)

Love all the photos!!! WE are going to CBR for the first time Sept 24th-Oct1st
This is our first trip to Disney!! My boys are 7 and 9. We are going for mine and hubbys 6th wedding Annv( oct1st) and the boys early Bday ( Oct 17th and Nov 7th)

My questions is: My oldest does have muscel issues so walking isnt his strong point... So which buliding would be the best to stay at?? ( close to the main pool and food)

Congrats on your trip. :goodvibes CBR offers preferred rooms, in buildings right next to OPR. They are Martinique 24, 25, 26 and Trinidad North 31, 32, 33. http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/cbrmap.htm Those rooms have an extra charge.

The closest standard rooms are in buildings Aruba 51, Jamaica 45, and Martinique 22.

Hope that helps!

Thank you for this - very helpful. I have 3 kids - 2, 8 and 12 and couldn't get into CSR. I wasn't sure about CBR (buses esp, but rooms too) but is sounds like everything was great! Did you have to request the Nemo room? Was there room for a small twin mattress in case we have problems with our 2 year old in a pack-n-play? Do you know if cots/roll away beds can be rented per night? Thank you!

Thank you for this - very helpful. I have 3 kids - 2, 8 and 12 and couldn't get into CSR. I wasn't sure about CBR (buses esp, but rooms too) but is sounds like everything was great! Did you have to request the Nemo room? Was there room for a small twin mattress in case we have problems with our 2 year old in a pack-n-play? Do you know if cots/roll away beds can be rented per night? Thank you!

You're welcome! :goodvibes CBR is wonderful and we are headed back there for a 3rd time this August. Unless you book a POTC room you will get a room with a Nemo theme. Yes, there is definitely room for a twin air mattress, we will be taking ours again. I'm not sure about the cots/roll-aways. You might want to check out the CBR FAQ: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495213

Me and my finance will be getting married on June 4th, 2011. We will be going to disney 06/04/11 - 06/12/11. We will be staying at the cbr. This will be my second time going to disney. But my first at cbr. I stayed at por last time in may 2005. My finance has never been there before, so im pretty excited to go on our honeymoon there. I hope cbr is a good choice.:love:

Me and my finance will be getting married on June 4th, 2011. We will be going to disney 06/04/11 - 06/12/11. We will be staying at the cbr. This will be my second time going to disney. But my first at cbr. I stayed at por last time in may 2005. My finance has never been there before, so im pretty excited to go on our honeymoon there. I hope cbr is a good choice.:love:

Welcome to the DIS!

Have a wonderful honeymoon at WDW and CBR! :lovestruc

AprilnTommy2005,

Looks like we'll be there at the same time! Our dates are Sept 23-Oct 2! It will also be our first time at CBR. We have 3 kids. The first year we did POP with 2 connecting rooms. And the last 2 years have been POR in Alligator Bayou. This year our oldest is turning 18 and will be either working or going to school in Sept so she can't go. We are so excited to be trying a new resort.

DH has mobility issues so we went ahead and got a preferred room and also asked for first floor. Chances are he will be renting an EVC and there are no elevators. Wouldn't want to try and get that up a flight of stairs!

Amy in NC

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter