• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back from CBR (Jan 20-27) and did not. . .

Aruba and Jamaica are usually favorites of a lot of people when booking a standard room because of their easy access to the bridge that leads to OPR. The building I was in (#51) was about as far away from a bus stop as you can get and it was a 4 minute walk (less if we walked fast). You could always request a certain village and request to be close to a bus stop. . . . You can book a preferred room (they are slightly extra) and be guaranteed to be in Martinique or Trinidad North which are right on either side of OPR. All villages have a bus stop, so you are never really far from one.

Have a great trip, I'm sure your children will love all that CBR has to offer! :goodvibes

Thanks so much for all the information! This helps so much. One more thing what is OPR? Do I want to be close to this? Obviously I still need to do quite a bit of research before our trip March 28th!

thank you for finally posting something good about CBR... it seems as though there are tons of complaints about it recently!!!

Just popping in to look at the pics again Shel-:thumbsup2

Your room was so much more...... um... brighter, I guess(?) than the one we had in Jamaica in Oct. Remember the pics of the "Pixie Dust" we had???;) :rotfl: pixiedust:

We need more pics from you! I want to see the beach! I'm having withdrawls here!!! post them sooooooon.:rotfl2:

Please?:lmao:

:snooty:

J~

Thanks so much for all the information! This helps so much. One more thing what is OPR? Do I want to be close to this? Obviously I still need to do quite a bit of research before our trip March 28th!

Old Port Royal, this is the center where the food court area is located.

Yes, OPR is Old Port Royale - where the food court, restaurant, gift shops, concierge, arcade, children's pool, and main pool are.

thank you for finally posting something good about CBR... it seems as though there are tons of complaints about it recently!!!

You're welcome! :goodvibes

Yes, bad experiences can happen anywhere and I think more people post about bad things than good things. :confused3 We had a not so good resort experience on our last trip at CSR. But many people love it. I think CBR and CSR are like that for most, they either love them or hate them. You rarely hear anyone saying they kind of liked one of them or thought they were okay - it seems that the experiences at these resorts are either very positive or very negative. A lot of it has to do with the size of these resorts (they are both very large), housekeeping seems to be hit or miss too.

I hope all of you headed to CBR soon have a very positive experience and a great time! pixiedust:

Just popping in to look at the pics again Shel-:thumbsup2

Your room was so much more...... um... brighter, I guess(?) than the one we had in Jamaica in Oct. Remember the pics of the "Pixie Dust" we had???;) :rotfl: pixiedust:

We need more pics from you! I want to see the beach! I'm having withdrawls here!!! post them sooooooon.:rotfl2:

Please?:lmao:

:snooty:

J~

Yes, I think having a newly redone room helps cut down on the "pixie dust"! :lmao:

Not enough pics for you yet??? Okay, you asked for it - I've got plenty more! :thumbsup2

Saturday night we hung out on the Jamaica beach. The kids played on the playground and fed the ducks while DH and I relaxed in the hammock and watched Illuminations. :cloud9:

Disney2009491.jpg

Disney2009492.jpg

Disney2009493.jpg

Disney2009494.jpg

Disney2009495.jpg

Disney2009496.jpg

Disney2009497.jpg

Disney2009498.jpg

Disney2009499.jpg

:goodvibes

More more more!!!!

I wanted to add that for anyone that is hesitant about CBR--- or any resort for that matter--- the only thing you can do is to try it out, see for yourself. Everyone has different opinions of what is right, almost right, and downright wrong.

I was hesitant to try CBR- I was concerned about the size of the resort b/c what i loved about my favorite resort-- POFQ-- was the small feel to it.

However, after having some "help"-;) I decided to book CBR- and requested Aruba or Jamaica. We were placed in Jamaica, and I really enjoyed walking over the bridge to OPR. I never felt like the resort was huge at all and loved th3e tropical look.

I definitely would go again to CBR.

Now. On with the pics, Shelly!

:p

Jo

:goodvibes

I wanted to add that for anyone that is hesitant about CBR--- or any resort for that matter--- the only thing you can do is to try it out, see for yourself. Everyone has different opinions of what is right, almost right, and downright wrong.

I was hesitant to try CBR- I was concerned about the size of the resort b/c what i loved about my favorite resort-- POFQ-- was the small feel to it.

However, after having some "help"-;) I decided to book CBR- and requested Aruba or Jamaica. We were placed in Jamaica, and I really enjoyed walking over the bridge to OPR. I never felt like the resort was huge at all and loved th3e tropical look.

I definitely would go again to CBR.

Jo

Words of wisdom as always JO! ::yes:: :hug:

The Islands of the Caribbean Pirate Adventure Cruise pirate:

Disney2009500.jpg

Disney2009501.jpg

Disney2009502.jpg

Disney2009503.jpg

Disney2009504.jpg

Disney2009508.jpg

Disney2009509.jpg

Disney2009510.jpg

Disney2009511.jpg

Disney2009516.jpg

Disney2009523.jpg

Disney2009521.jpg

Disney2009524.jpg

DS9 took more pictures during the cruise with his camera. I haven't had a chance to look at them yet. I will post them later if they turned out!

I am loving all the pictures! CBR is so much more lush than I imagined-so pretty and green. :thumbsup2

Your family is so cute-and your boys are obviously having a blast! I know this will be a Christmas and Disney vacation they remember forever.

The pirate cruise looks like so much fun for the kids-my DNephew would love it. (come on, DSIL and DBIL ;) )

Thanks for sharing your vacation with us, Shelly! :goodvibes

A few things that I think I forgot to mention in my original post. There is an arcade at OPR, right next to the gift shops and food court. It is called Goombay Games. We would normally try to steer clear of the arcade while on vacation, the kids play enough video game at home! :rotfl: But a 30 minute arcade card came with our package so we took them in the last evening of our trip. To their delight they had several Star Wars games! I only snapped off a few pictures, here they are -

Disney2009644.jpg

Disney2009643.jpg

Disney2009642.jpg

Another thing I wanted to mention is that there is a Concierge Desk right there at OPR too. At CBR the check in building is seperate from the main building. Check in is at the Custom House which is right by the Barbados village. Some people will complain that the check in building is not at OPR, but I don't see how it really matters. We had to go to the Custom House to check in when we got there - which the ME bus took us right to. We never had to go back until we needed to catch the ME bus back to the airport. Anything you need or want to know can be taken care of at the Concierge Desk at OPR. They can take care of any recreation activities you want to book, dining ADR's, tickets, etc. I went there while DH and the kids were in the arcade and asked them to print off our boarding passes, and they were very pleasant and happy to do it and even thanked me! A very different experience than what I had on the last trip when I asked for my boarding passes to be printed (at another resort). I was very pleased!

Disney2009651.jpg

OPR is also home to 2 gift shops. Straw Market and Calypso Trading Post.

Disney2009134.jpg

Disney2009652.jpg

Disney2009653.jpg

Disney2009654.jpg

Disney2009655.jpg

Disney2009132.jpg

Disney2009133.jpg

Disney2009136.jpg

A very friendly gift shop CM trading pins with DS7.

Disney2009135.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter