Just back from BWV- comments and observations

while we're totally against an in-house CS at the BW (would hate to see the resort's elegance & charm changed by the large crowds that naturally accompany any good CS), but the under-used atlantic dance hall would be perfect for one, IMHO.
it's certainly big enough, with both in- & outdoor seating, & wouldn't adveresly affect the resort itself :thumbsup2

IMO the best way to add more CS to the BW area would be to do it via the food cart such as the hot dog cart they have. That cart adds charm to the area and fits in quite well with the theme. They could scatter 4-5 carts between the dance hall and the ESPN club serving various types of food, and it would fit in quite well. I will say that with in a 10 min walk of the resort you can be at quite a few CS places , add 5 min to that number and you are in the heart of the world show case with more CS places then you can shake a stick at. We do need to keep in kind that the BW area is upscale and as such, Disney wants the people there to dine at places such as the flying fish or spoodles or over at the Beach Club to increase the $ being taken in for food and drink.

Yes! The hallways at BWV are excessively cold. More than other resorts, I think.

Name one.

Name one?

Sure.

beaches and cream.

I would think that at 11:00 when there are no lines to enter, I could go from the ESPN club front door, to the world show case in?? 10-12 mins?

Are you wanting CS for the sake of the DDP? if so, you can't count the ESPN club or the Big River Grille but they both have counter service style food, as does the Captains Grille at the Yacht club. I would venture to say that within easy walking distance of the BW are more places to eat then at any other resort. The exception may be SSR, but is a further walk to get to DTD, then it is to walk from the BW to the world showcase, or atleast I think it is?

Name one?
beaches and cream.
Beaches and Cream is not a counter service restaurant. Neither is the ESPN Club, Big River Grill or the Captain's Grill. All the restaurants you mentioned have servers who wait on you. ALL of them are considered TS restaurants on the DDP.

There are plenty of restaurants in the Epcot resort area, but there are NO counter service restaurants with the exception of the Picabu Buffeteria over at the Dolphin. It's not on the DDP either. And even if I wasn't on the DDP who wants to walk all the way over to the Dolphin to eat in a cafeteria?

There are plenty of restaurants in the Epcot resort area, but there are NO counter service restaurants

Like I said if I am standing at the front door of the ESPN club at 11:00 and decide I want a CS meal I can be at the World Show case by 11:15.

If you are unable to find enough to eat there, I am not real sure what you are looking for, but I wish you good luck in your search.

Yes I do agree the lobby of the board walk and the beach club don't have a food court. They simply are not that style of resort.

Have you tried Hurricane Hannah's ? Most folks like that.

tho beaches & cream serves CS style food, it is a TS on the DDP. however, both hurricane hanna's & BC marketplace are CS.

i like the idea of food carts accepting CS. imho, spoodles' pizza window should be CS too.

btw, the lack of a full-service CS helps keep YC my favorite non-dvc resort :thumbsup2

. imho, spoodles' pizza window should be CS too.

It was at one time, I wonder why they stopped doing that? I also think that at one time the bar at the BW pool had cold sandwiches. I would think they could put a fridge there with some cold selections/salads and make that an easy CS place to grab a bite to eat.

But with all that being said, I think the carts would be fun and they could do some creative things with that. Heck even have them where they move around the walkway that surrounds the lake. A soup and salad cart, a bagel and salmon cart, a burger/dog cart, a pizza cart. Simply have the carts moving slowly around the lake. As far as space and where to put a new place, I would suggest that it would be easy to simply extend a dock out into the lake and locate a CS place there, but then we once again we have disrupted the look and feel of the BW scene. I am not sure I want food places cluttering the street performers while I stroll around taking it all in.

I don't mean to belabor discussion about BWV's looooooooong hallways, but I have a question. Is the section of the BWV that is considered BW view as long as that section that is right across from Tower of Terror? I hope that makes sense!

We stayed about 4 rooms from the end of that section that is closest to MGM and I thought those hallways were very long!

Richyams?? I hope you are listening!;)

Hey! What are you doing over here?!? Get back on the VWL groupie thread where you belong! ;)

Like I said if I am standing at the front door of the ESPN club at 11:00 and decide I want a CS meal I can be at the World Show case by 11:15.

If you are unable to find enough to eat there, I am not real sure what you are looking for, but I wish you good luck in your search.

I was just commenting on your quote:
I will say that with in a 10 min walk of the resort you can be at quite a few CS places
Which is totally untrue. In fact there is NO CS place in the Epcot Resort area.

Yes, there are plenty of places to eat in Epcot but that's not the point. Oh, you should add a few minutes to your estimate to actually leave from the villas to get to the World Showcase ... I don't know about you but I usually don't sleep at the ESPN club :rotfl:.

Disney could easily come up with a CS place that blends in with the theme of the resort. They managed to do it with Artist's Palate, Captain Cooks, Mara, Gasparillas and Roaring Forks.

well, that's weird. Do they take ADRs? I swear I called the other day to make one b/c I thought it was a TS, and the guy siad it was a CS. But maybe they are a TS that doen't take ADRs?

Yes I do agree the lobby of the board walk and the beach club don't have a food court. They simply are not that style of resort.

Have you tried Hurricane Hannah's ? Most folks like that.

Um yeah, this is true, but when we stay at DVC, we have MANY non-park days. And if you don't have an AP...you aren't going to hop on over to Epcot just for a CS meal....to say that you have to go into a theme park to get decent CS is not a viable nor appropriate option.

We definitely agree...love BWV, but the lack of good CS is a definite downer for us.

while we're totally against an in-house CS at the BW (would hate to see the resort's elegance & charm changed by the large crowds that naturally accompany any good CS), but the under-used atlantic dance hall would be perfect for one, IMHO.
it's certainly big enough, with both in- & outdoor seating, & wouldn't adveresly affect the resort itself :thumbsup2

I agree……I don’t think deluxe resorts should have moderate or budget style counter service restaurants for the masses. I like the current set up with the Belle Vue and the Bakery. I would guess the ESPN prices are comparable to the counter service restaurants?

Thanks guys! We loved 2001 too. My only complaint is there is that exterior wall blocking the view of YC/BC.
I was in 3001 last month....in August I was right next door. I have to agree about that exterior wall..if there had been a ruckus at JellyRolls, I'm sure I would have heard it. And I hated being right next to the windows for the Attic. I just felt like I was tucked away in a corner..oh, wait..I was!!
Long hallways..yep, they are. But that stairway is nice..especially for getting to Picabu......

Name one.
Many may not be aware but Picabu gives a 20% discount for DVC members. I didn't realize that until last month. And I love Picabu.
Sure would be nice if Disney put something like the Marketplace (BCV) in at Boardwalk. Lack of counter service is a big negative for me. Wouldn't have to be huge, but it would be nice to have someplace to easily get coffee, soda, sandwiches, breakfast items. That line at the Bakery in the morning is obscene...you have to be there by 6:45 at the latest or else you end up in a huge line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter