Just back from BWV- comments and observations

I agree that adding a CS at BWV doesn't have to be some massive food court type place, and also don't see how it would bring down the feel of the place. Having only the bakery - to me - is just ridiculous as a quick service choice. And the choices are slim. One would think Disney would want something there with more choices to bring in more money.

I love Hannahs by the way. We went back to the resort two times to eat there last year...but of course the atmosphere helps. ;)

How can you complain about the hallways being too long at the BWV and in the same breath talk about the convenience of walking to Epcot or Hollywood Studios?, Oh and didn't most of you just get back from walking , how many miles in the parks :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

oh and does anyone know why the changed the name to Hollywood Studios?

We love the BCV and BWV very much but agree that there is a lack of counter and pool side service at the BWV. When at the BCV, we use Hurricane Hannahs a lot and the Marketplace for some counter service items.

Why doesn't Disney put a Marketplace in the General Store on the Boardwalk just like they did to the gift shop at the Beach Club? It really is a large facility and its size appears even much bigger then the gift shop/marketplace at the Beach Club. Couldn't they take one end and do the same thing? Seems like they would still have plenty of space for all of that Disney merchandise.

Also why do they limit food items so extensively at the pool? Wasn't there a time when there was a much larger menu there? If so, how did they do that back then and why did they stop?

Any explanations and clarification would greatly be appreciated as I never have understood why DVC/Disney doesn't do something about this. It obviously is a continued issue and complaint for DVC members but likely Inn customers as well.

Thank you,
maminnie

:goodvibes Since I started this thread, I thought I might chime in again.:goodvibes
I don't feel that a CS place would take down the elegance of the BW at all. And it wouldn't be for the MASSES, it would be for those of us who would like something quick to run down from our room and bring back or stop and grab on our way up to our room from being out for the morning, which we frequently do. I don't know if the "masses" would visit the CS at BW just because. They have a lot of free "space" in and around the BW where they could add something. Heck, I dont care if they expanded the Leaping Libations to have a menu and added more carts that participated in DDP and the refillable mugs. We stayed at VWL and LOVED being able to run over and fill our mug or grab something to eat. Same when we stayed at AKV. And SSR, without question, got it right! They didn't add the typical food court you see at All Star (no offense to those meant here;) ) they made it more upscale with offerings that range from chicken strips to flatbreads......
I think with all the DVC things that are new and exciting, they need to keep up the older DVC resorts by not only refurbishing but UPDATING! I mean, OKW has a better CS option! And I don't want to have to enter a theme park and use a ticket to get something to eat at EPCOT unless that is where I am going.

I would love to see a larger selection at Leaping Horse (and include it on the DDP ). Although, I must say that I do love the turkey pannini at the bakery.

I also think they need to do something about all the carts and games, etc on the boardwalk. They should all take room charge. I mean, we can use our room charge to get arcarde cards, so why not a funnel cake! LOL! Seriously though, with DDP and our room charge, we rarely carry cash. It is an inconvenience to not have the room charge capabilities.

Sorry help me out here:confused3
CS?
TS?

Also I'm taking a large group 25 to Big River Grill in June for an evening meal before a meeting. Do you think it will accomodate us?

CS?
TS?
CS = Counter Service (aka Fast/Quick Food)
TS = Table Service

Also I'm taking a large group 25 to Big River Grill in June for an evening meal before a meeting. Do you think it will accomodate us?
No. Big River Grill is quite small and does not take reservations. I would select a different restaurant.

CS?
TS?

You need to make a ADR (reservation) NOW at some place.

The chances of you finding seating for 25 for a june meal will be slim to none unless you contact disney right now and get an ADR.

It's hard right now for a person to call in and find seating for 4 at the place they want at the time they want. Finding room for 25 will take some effort. You may end up doing a private party at one of the WDW venues.

You need to make a ADR (reservation) NOW at some place.

The chances of you finding seating for 25 for a june meal will be slim to none unless you contact disney right now and get an ADR.

It's hard right now for a person to call in and find seating for 4 at the place they want at the time they want. Finding room for 25 will take some effort. You may end up doing a private party at one of the WDW venues.

Yes I know. I've already arranged a private party for the following night for about 100 on Shipwreck beach but did not realize Big River Grill was so small. Probably take them to Cap May.

Cape May is a good choice as it has a semi-private room to the right of the buffet.

Cape May is a good choice as it has a semi-private room to the right of the buffet.

Sorry to go OT, but can you describe this room? We'll have a party of 22 at WDW for Thanksgiving week and are considering Cape May for the holiday dinner buffet. How do you think this room would suit our group? Too large? Too small? Just right?

Java Mom,
Tried to send link for picture but your file is full. Please feel free to use my picture.

Sorry to go OT, but can you describe this room? We'll have a party of 22 at WDW for Thanksgiving week and are considering Cape May for the holiday dinner buffet. How do you think this room would suit our group? Too large? Too small? Just right?
Sorry! I just saw your question. We were a party of 12 seated at one huge table and there was another table with the same number of people. There was more room for a couple more smaller tables, but they didn't make anyone else eat with two big groups. I think it would be perfect for you.

JMHO here, but one of the things we love about the BWV is the fact that there is NO CS. When we want something quick and good, we go to the Luna Park Pool bar, great sandwiches! Or the Bakery for coffee and a snack.

I am not a fan of large food courts, I don't like the "cafeteria" feel (and smell, always seem to smell like spilled ketchup to me:confused3 ) they have. My DH and kids really really love Pepper Market at CS, for me the only CS I can say I actually enjoy is the one at POR. Yummy food, not too large, never really saw it overcrowded.....but that ketchup smell - yup it's there too:confused:

Being an owner at BW, I hope they never add a food court or large counter service, again it's really JMHO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter